Everything (2016-2017) Regular Season Game Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• psrs1 wrote: View Post
    Perhaps DanH can comment on salary cap implications ?
    I don't think we really need to have Dan spend time explaining the different machinations that would have to happen in order to sign PG13 as a free agent. It's just not going to happen.

Only way the Raptors will have PG13 in uniform is a result of a trade with young assets and picks going the other way. As I pointed out in the trade deadline thread, that will likely result in 'stars and scrubs' lineup that isn't going to go anywhere.

Comment

• Been saying this early in the year when they were struggling defensively and everyone was putting the blame on Casey -- to be a good or great defensive team, you have to have the right personnel. I don't care how good of a defensive coach you are, you still have to have the right players.

https://twitter.com/BlakeMurphyODC/s...30096107913217
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Paul George is a free agent next summer not this summer (he has a player option). He's also most likely not going to be eligible for the super max extension since he most likely will not be on the all-nba team.

If the Raps want him it would be to try to get a trade done this summer, or at the deadline. I have a hard time seeing Bird give him though.. and if he does.. Boston can beat any offer Toronto can make, especially if Indiana wants to rebuild and not retool.

Comment

• One of the best signs of the great defence today is the fact we drew 3 or 4 charges from off the dribble because our guys were moving their feet quickly and beating Pacers players to the spot.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
            Do you have a crystal ball?
            Yes.

Comment

• JimmyGetsBucketss wrote: View Post
              All the remaining games are winnable for the raptors except for the season finale against the LeBron's. We should be able to retake the 3rd seed from the wizards.
              They are definitely all winnable but we all know without Lowry we play VERY inconsistent. We will lose a few games we should win no question. So it's not going to be as easy as it probably should be
              I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• I'm just soooo happy the defence has finally improved. This is how I've wanted them to play on that end since the beginning of the season. It's crazy how brining in two really good defenders changed everything. Also as good as Kyle is Wright and Joseph are still better defenders than him.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
                  I'm just soooo happy the defence has finally improved. This is how I've wanted them to play on that end since the beginning of the season. It's crazy how brining in two really good defenders changed everything. Also as good as Kyle is Wright and Joseph are still better defenders than him.
                  Joseph is debateable, he has improved since Ibaka and Tucker got here, but we haven't seen Lowry play with those 2 yet. Wright will be a better defender because of his length once he gains more experience.

Comment

• A.I wrote: View Post
                    Joseph is debateable, he has improved since Ibaka and Tucker got here, but we haven't seen Lowry play with those 2 yet. Wright will be a better defender because of his length once he gains more experience.
                    This is true because Joseph was really bad until Ibaka and Tucker got here. Kyle is an amazing defender when he actually exerts energy on that end though. He just doesn't do it often enough which is kind of understandable with the amount of things he does for this team. Wright is definitely better though and his length is a big reason for that as you said. He also seems to have good lateral quickness which is important.

Comment

• thaddeus young had the most irrelevant 16 points i can remember.

OK, he made a few post shots and got a few opportunities when we had to rotate defensively, but man, i would have expected the pacers to try to attack the apparent quickness advantage when he was being guarded by JV all night but for the most part we were totally fine with basically ignoring him on the perimeter and he hardly even looked for the long ball despite the fact he's somehow shooting 39% this year.

Guy is the definition of good stats / bad team. he's just a losing player at this point.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                        thaddeus young had the most irrelevant 16 points i can remember.

OK, he made a few post shots and got a few opportunities when we had to rotate defensively, but man, i would have expected the pacers to try to attack the apparent quickness advantage when he was being guarded by JV all night but for the most part we were totally fine with basically ignoring him on the perimeter and he hardly even looked for the long ball despite the fact he's somehow shooting 39% this year.

Guy is the definition of good stats / bad team. he's just a losing player at this point.
                        I just think he's miscast as a starter, which is what he's essentially been his whole career on bad teams. I think he'd be a nice bench big for most teams though.

Comment

• Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
                          I just think he's miscast as a starter, which is what he's essentially been his whole career on bad teams. I think he'd be a nice bench big for most teams though.
                          Yeup. He had his most successful season in the NBA coming off the bench (for Philly in 2012).

Comment

• Hell of a game. That's what this team looks like when everything goes right and shots fall, huh?

Everyone looked really good in this one. Top to bottom. Not a whole lot to talk about.

I do still think JV should get more time with bench lineups (got 3 minutes beside Pat in this one, +6 in those three minutes). But hey, it's working right now. I'll take it.
                            twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

• If the pregame graphics were right, we just hung 116 on the number one defence in the league since the all star break. No chance they're playing role-a-dope thinking they're going to see us in the first round, eh? It was so refreshing to see PG looking like he didn't want the ball anymore after a few rounds with Tucker

Comment

• [QUOTE=Jclaw;734281]If the pregame graphics were right, we just hung 116 on the number one defence in the league since the all star break. No chance they're playing role

Thought Tucker had a monster game. I like him more almost every outing. There is certainly something about guys who had to fight to make it in the league.

Comment

Working...
                                X