Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR Fantasy Hoops Keeper League - S2: Joey to co-commish next season! (#295)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey the speculation is over!

Horford is back.

I wouldn't spend anymore than $29 for him

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
      Joey the speculation is over!

Horford is back.

I wouldn't spend anymore than $29 for him
      Haha Indeed. His contribution didn't make a lick of difference to the Hawks getting blown the F out.

I'm really leaning toward letting him join the pool.

Comment

• Horford's first start: 19 pts, 11 reb, 3 asts, 3 stls, 3 blks.

I'm going over $ 40 easy

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
          Horford's first start: 19 pts, 11 reb, 3 asts, 3 stls, 3 blks.

I'm going over $ 40 easy
          Ya, last night was very telling for me.
          I needed to see a game like that at some point this summer to consider taking him back, and for him to do it on his first full night back? Awesome.

And if I do end up keeping all 3 guys, thats still only $90 (I spent like $174 on them last season!), and leaves me $110 for 12 spots. Not a bad situation to be in, I'd reckon.

Comment

• Yeah, I messed up the last half of my draft and left coin on the table as well. It's far better to have to pay a dollar per player on your last four than to pass on impact guys earlier and then not spend $15-20.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Yeah, I messed up the last half of my draft and left coin on the table as well. It's far better to have to pay a dollar per player on your last four than to pass on impact guys earlier and then not spend $15-20.
              My thoughts exactly. As long as I have a few bucks to round out the roster, then spend, spend, spend.

And how much did you have left over??

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                My thoughts exactly. As long as I have a few bucks to round out the roster, then spend, spend, spend.

And how much did you have left over??
                I can't remember off hand and I can't check at work but for sure it must have been at least $10. I remember chuckling and shaking my head because I said I was going to spend every penny. I just can't for the life of me remember how many pennies were left.

Comment

• Rose shut down for 8 months

The usual recovery time for someone undergoing ACL surgery is 6-9 months. The Sun-Times has learned that Rose was told to expect an eight-month rehabilitation, which would allow him to return to the Bulls in late December or early January. However, Rose has been told that he could be back playing basketball within four to five months, although not at the elite level required in the NBA.

The ACL tear was the fifth injury Rose suffered during a season that saw the MVP point guard miss 27 regular-season games because of toe, back, groin and ankle/foot injuries.

“Disappointed for him,” Bulls coach Tom Thibodeau said when asked what emotions Rose’s injuries spurred in him. “You guys who have been around him, you know the type of guy he is. He’s a fierce competitor. We expect him to approach his rehab the same way he approaches everything else and fully recover and be able to contribute next year.”

Rose averaged 21.8 points and 7.9 assists in 39 games.
                  Source: Sun Times

My guess is a January 2013 return.

Comment

• Anyone have any spots open in a semi-competitive keeper league?

Comment

• tjford11 wrote: View Post
                      Anyone have any spots open in a semi-competitive keeper league?
                      Welcome aboard, tj.

Apollo looks after the RR Fantasy Hoops League. I'm sure he'll get back to you with specifics on next year.

Comment

• tjford11 wrote: View Post
                        Anyone have any spots open in a semi-competitive keeper league?
                        Welcome to Raptors Republic. You're on the reserve list for now but don't worry, the chances are high that you'll get a spot because a few people tend to bail each year for various reasons. I'll do my best to get you a spot. Also, if you're into football you're welcome to join out keeper league or our dynasty league.

Comment

• put me on the waiting list as well Appolo.

That is if this request does not intimidate you

Comment

• Yes sir, right away sir!

Comment

• One more for the wait list -- thanks!
                              Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• May need to find someone to run another league, eh Apollo? Haha
                                That waiting list is getting long, and from what I could tell, most guys will be coming back from last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X