Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think Hansbrough will be back next year/Would you trade Salmons for Perkins?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DanH wrote: View Post
    Possible but very unlikely. He doesn't have a lot of value around the league - and teams are hesitant to sign RFA's if they don't think they are difference makers, as that means tying up cap space for 3 days while other teams sign the rest of the market away, and the other team might match anyway. Typically teams shoot for RFA's that are on teams that are cash-strapped (TOR is in no way in this position) or for RFA's that are near-max guys with a max offer to see if their team blinks at the total cost. Neither situation really applies to Patterson, and there are much bigger fish out there this summer for teams to go after.

I see that as much more likely for Vasquez than Patterson, and even in his case it's unlikely.
    Very good point!
    I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

Valanciunas/Perkins/Rookie
      Johnson/Hansbrough/Hayes
      Ross/Fields/Rookie/Novak
      DeRozan/Vasquez
      Lowry/Ennis/De Colo

Comment

Another possibility for Hansbrough is that Toronto does not waive him, but waits until after July 1 to trade his contract. That will allow another team to keep his contract for one year, which is relatively low for an experienced power forward. I assume that Mr. Ujiri has been working the phones and exploring just such possibilities. The advantage is that Toronto gets something in return, and can wait until the free agent market--especially with Kyle Lowry's situation still undetermined--becomes clearer. The advantage for Hansbrough (not that he has a say in the matter) is that he goes to an organization that really wants what he can bring to the team. Detroit might be a good destination in the Eastern Conference, Houston in the Western Conference.

Comment

All I want is to never see JOHN SALMONS wearing a Toronto Raptors jersey again.

Watching Salmonella play last season was torture
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

MACK11 wrote: View Post
            All I want is to never see JOHN SALMONS wearing a Toronto Raptors jersey again.
            I looked at the list of free agent small forwards. Slim pickings, to be sure. With all the speculation about trades, we'll have to depend on the GM to make the best move, because signing a free agent small forward would be very difficult.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
              I looked at the list of free agent small forwards. Slim pickings, to be sure. With all the speculation about trades, we'll have to depend on the GM to make the best move, because signing a free agent small forward would be very difficult.
              You know what that means?

DAMIEN INGLIS
              The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

caccia wrote: View Post
                Another possibility for Hansbrough is that Toronto does not waive him, but waits until after July 1 to trade his contract. That will allow another team to keep his contract for one year, which is relatively low for an experienced power forward.
                Doug Smith reports today in the Toronto Star that "Sources have said it’s inconceivable the Raptors will assume the $7 million owed Salmons. If they can’t trade him by Sunday night, they will exercise the $1 million buyout that will make him an unrestricted free agent.

Hansbrough is a more difficult decision, according to team sources. He can be bought out for $1 million on a $3.3 million contract, but he might be worth hanging on to for his expiring contract, which can be added as cap ballast in future transactions."

Comment

With no word from the Toronto front office, it looks like Tyler Hansbrough is now under contract for the 2014-15 season. I have read conflicting reports, but several sources say they had to waive him before midnight on June 29th. A trade is still very possible during the free agent period, however. He might as well play for a team that will use him less capriciously than Dwane Casey.

Salmons is gone, and I expect he will be waived by the Hawks, never to play in the NBA again.
                  Last edited by caccia; Mon Jun 30, 2014, 12:47 AM.

Comment

Yeah, Hansbrough's locked in now, and the Hawks will waive Salmons today. Bet Salmons gets the minimum somewhere though. Rasual Butler's been floating around for years even though he's useless.

Ujiri might have decided Hansbrough's small expiring contract is worth more between now and the deadline than the 2M he'd save by waiving him.
                    twitter.com/dhackett1565

Comment

officially the raptors have picked up the team option on TH.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                        This leads me to believe that PP does not seem keen on coming back. Or at least he wants more money that we can offer.

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
                          You would think they would say something to the press about it. Tyler apparently is working out in Chapel Hill right now. I hope he works on his passing and a pull-up jumper.

Comment

mjt20mik wrote: View Post
                            This leads me to believe that PP does not seem keen on coming back. Or at least he wants more money that we can offer.
                            I have to think Mr. Ujiri has something up his sleeve. The power forwards available are a lot better than the free agents at small forward.

Comment

Surprised! I guess this means that either PP or GV ain't coming back.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                                Surprised! I guess this means that either PP or GV ain't coming back.
                                Considering TH is a 4, I'm assuming that PP isn't coming back.

Comment

Working...
                                X