Start or Sit: Rudy Gay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start or Sit: Rudy Gay

Even 3D is puzzled! What does everybody think?

Last edited by Rapzilla; Fri Nov 8, 2013, 02:23 PM.

Rudy used to be my favourite player when he was in Memphis, and when he came here I was excited. He even played decent last season. But now, I have no idea what is going on. Maybe he hears the trade rumours and just doesn't care about playing here anymore. I just think he's gotta get back to being a SF full time. This weight and surgery nonsense seems to have made him worse at seeing the basket and being able to finish at the rim. I believe he'll eventually get back to shooting 40-43% because there's no way a talented guy like him should be playing this terrible.
    "Masai WILL win us a championship"
    - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Sit Rudy and start Hedo.
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

I think he is a tad too heavy. And the slow pace we are playing at doesn`t benefit him at all. He`s gonna play through this slump, and go back to his career average sooner rather than later.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
          I think he is a tad too heavy. And the slow pace we are playing at doesn`t benefit him at all.
          Playing at a slow pace is the exact reason why Casey needs to go.

Comment

peanutwoozle wrote: View Post
            Playing at a slow pace is the exact reason why Casey needs to go.
            IF he can find the right balance between getting out in transition, and playing halfcourt I think he can be a fairly effective coach. But if he continues this unwatchable crap he`s gotta go.

Comment

akashsingh wrote: View Post
              IF he can find the right balance between getting out in transition, and playing halfcourt I think he can be a fairly effective coach. But if he continues this unwatchable crap he`s gotta go.
              he's just too in love with tortoise basketball I guess.

Comment

rudy needs massive minutes, you cannot drive a tank, without the tank commander!

Comment

What's funny is that Rudy's missed a ton of chippies within 5 feet. I assume those will start to drop sooner or later.

Comment

Sadly, they will.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
                      Sadly, they will.
                      Fortunately, if they do, it makes for more entertaining basketball. also fortunately, if they do, I truly believe Casey will find some way to help the team to losses.

Comment

Neither!

TRADE HIM!

Comment

how hard is it, if we cant win with him than trade him
                          What they got to say now? Nothing they can say now. Mobbin' on the low. Winnin' on the low
                          The city embraced me, made me feel at home. The only difference [between Compton and Toronto] for me is the cold. -DeMar
                          No Where Near the South Side #WeTheNorth

Comment

lilmamba_ wrote: View Post
                            how hard is it, if we cant win with him than trade him
                            I endorse this post. :-) If we're not around .500 after this tough stretch of games (25 games or so) i think he gets traded along with Lowry and maybe Tyler Hansborough (sadly). I'm still on a wait and see though. I haven't given up on this group.

Comment

Gay's numbers as a PF last season on the Raptors were terrible - but fantastic as a SF. It should not come as a surprise that he is struggling with Casey playing him a lot of minutes at PF - Of course Gay put up huge numbers against Indiana's big lineup where he got to spend the whole game at SF.

Indiana Lesson: Raptors Rudy Gay Is A Small Forward

My advice is - if you think Casey is going to play a lot of small ball, you don't want to play Rudy Gay on your fantasy team.
                              The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
                              X