Game #43: Los Angeles Clippers 126 - Toronto Raptors 118

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
    while all the derozan apologists flap their gums about how much work derozan does in the summer, and gush about his work ethic, t ross goes and drops an efficient fifty, something derozan will never do even once. It's called talent people.
    He dropped an efficient 40.

Might not all have been great shots but efficiency only cares about makes.

Comment

• For context, some other notable 50+ point scorers:

Tracy Murray, Washington vs Golden State, 2/10/1998
      Shareef Abdur-Rahim, Atlanta vs Detroit, 11/23/2001
      Dana Barros, Philadelphia vs Houston, 3/14/1995
      Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf, Denver vs Utah, 12/7/1995
      Charles Smith, LA Clippers vs Denver, 12/1/1990
      Willie Burton, Philadelphia vs Miami, 12/13/1993
      Tony Delk, Phoenix vs Sacramento, 1/2/2001 (OT)

Anyway, you get the idea. Guys get hot. I'm not dismissing the accomplishment, but it's one game.

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
        im shocked at how many anti tankers are so excited about a loss and simultaneously think ross is suddenly a star... good lord, get a grip
        His value is at it's highest now, we should trade him for a draft pick lol

Comment

• sobered up. it was the best possible outcome for a loss at the ACC. crowd was super into it. a few sporadic clippers fans were there but were easily drowned out. it came to the point where almost any time clippers were in possession, boo's would immediately start raining down. every time ross made a shot as he surpassed the 30 then 40 marks the place got onto their feet. overall super fun to have been there. just a shame DD went down and obviously the lack of win.

Comment

• Was at the game and by far the most entertaining game I've been to. After the 3rd quarter had to stand up every time Ross scored. I went to raptors bulls ot game last year but this game was so much more fun to watch. Have never been to a win tho... 0-6:-(

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
              Was at the game and by far the most entertaining game I've been to. After the 3rd quarter had to stand up every time Ross scored. I went to raptors bulls ot game last year but this game was so much more fun to watch. Have never been to a win tho... 0-6:-(

the last winning game i was at was the utah jazz game earlier in the season, prior to the rudy gay trade. wasn't that fun though, even with the win. this game was way better in terms of entertainment.

Comment

• Scraptor wrote: View Post
                As Confucius said, "Being a dick does not make you cool; being a dick makes you a dick."

I'm a fan of this team. I don't need to tear down one of our players to prop up another. I can appreciate Derozan for his work ethic and gradual improvement while also appreciating Ross's historic night. I can appreciate Demar being able to draw fouls and his improved playmaking while also appreciating Ross's ability to hit the three.

Maybe before you go calling out everyone else as if you've won some kind of fictional argument, you should remember that Charlie V scored an efficient 48 points on 32 shots and was never heard from again.

I am ecstatic with Ross's game tonight but one game is literally the smallest possible sample size.
                I'm not being a dick imo, It just disgusts me to see people overhype derozan, he just isn't very good, and extremely one dimensional in my opinion. He doesn't score efficiently but the one night he does all of you come onto the message boards to talk about how great he is, I disagree.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  He dropped an efficient 40.

Might not all have been great shots but efficiency only cares about makes.
                  yes you're right. And I wouldn't be talking smack if he was efficient consistently but that is one game, and we have a very large sample size of all the other games where he isn't efficient, there is no difference in those games his shot selection is the same. Now Ross has been far from good, but I'm willing to give him a break having gotten little playing time last year, and having very little plays called for him this year so far. What I'm not willing to do is use kid gloves when critiquing someone who's been in the league for five years, with consistent minutes every year, with the offense running through him consistently. Honestly people may think I'm trying to troll, but I'm sharing my genuine opinion. This is my personality in real life I swear.
                  Last edited by akashsingh; Sun Jan 26, 2014, 10:06 AM.

Comment

• akashsingh wrote: View Post
                    I'm not being a dick imo, It just disgusts me to see people overhype derozan, he just isn't very good, and extremely one dimensional in my opinion. He doesn't score efficiently but the one night he does all of you come onto the message boards to talk about how great he is, I disagree.
                    sorry but its not 'all of us' doing this. there are obviously some fans here who like derozan more than others. he played a solid game and deserves credit for it. thats all there is. some fans will be all 'i told you so!" while others are reserving their praise because they know its not a consistent thing for DD. no shit.

you act like you're some fucking genius that you're the only one who sees through that 40 point game. you're not.

Comment

• This game showed why everyone should be excited about T Ross AND why people need to have patience with him. For all that scoring his defense disappeared. He's the closest thing the Raptors have to a defensive player. His next step has to be playing well on both ends of the floor in the same game. That may take a couple years. There's no reason to rush his development. For as porous as DeMar's defense is, how inefficient he can be, he at least plays passable defense while playing as a primary scorer.

It's obvious that T Ross has the higher ceiling, no doubt, but what's the rush? This everything now attitude, and throw away perfectly good players because they aren't superstars nonsense is the reason why the Raptors got into this mess in the first place. Best of all, DeMar is more than welcome to playing a secondary role. The only thing he cares about is winning. When T Ross is ready for that role, no one is going to hold him back by intercepting passes (Andrea) being a black hole (Rudy), or thinking that they're bigger than the team (insert a whole pile of mediocre past Raptors here...ball!)

Why are people creating conflict where there doesn't need to be one?

Comment

• rapfan10 wrote: View Post
                        Was at the game and by far the most entertaining game I've been to. After the 3rd quarter had to stand up every time Ross scored. I went to raptors bulls ot game last year but this game was so much more fun to watch. Have never been to a win tho... 0-6:-(

I warned you to stay at home. The loss is on you. Shame on you!

Comment

• I hope casey doesn't change the offense now that Ross had a break out game. Cause Ross still has no handles and is not a good passer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                            This game showed why everyone should be excited about T Ross AND why people need to have patience with him. For all that scoring his defense disappeared. He's the closest thing the Raptors have to a defensive player. His next step has to be playing well on both ends of the floor in the same game. That may take a couple years. There's no reason to rush his development. For as porous as DeMar's defense is, how inefficient he can be, he at least plays passable defense while playing as a primary scorer.
                            A lot of the defense (especially on Redick) was running around screens, and when you're already doing that on offense + very little rest in between, it gets pretty tiring.
                            Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• FoxMachine wrote: View Post
                              ross has been playing within himself up to this point.. a game like this actually worries me that he will detract to his rookie season... but then again hopefully he beast modes like this every fuckin day
                              I kind of don't see him changing his game simply because 30 of the 51 points were 3-pointers, and I'd imagine at least another 6-8 were fast breaks, so it's not like he's going to get it in his head that he needs to drive more, because he had limited success with drives.

Maybe (hopefully) he'll just realize even more how much shine he can get off of just 3 and D.

Comment

• Maybe with Demar out, we'll have a Paul George/Danny Granger situation going on. Ross flourishes with Demar out haha
                                "Masai WILL win us a championship"
                                - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

Working...
                                X