No announcement yet.

How does Colangelo have a job still?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we approach each season like it's a clean slate, then Colangelo will never be fired unless we go 0-82. There will always be some kind of some "win", some kind of improvement in which he can spin into what he would call progress. Remember, this guy is a master used car salesman. Want proof? Half of you guys believed we were heading to the playoffs this season!

I agree that it's usually bad timing to fire a GM in the middle of the season and I'm basing this on a general principle that I believe in. However in this case I have no issue with it because the fear I have of Colangelo making things worse. Which is certainly possible in this case.
    your pal,
    ebrian

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
      If we approach each season like it's a clean slate, then Colangelo will never be fired unless we go 0-82. There will always be some kind of some "win", some kind of improvement in which he can spin into what he would call progress. Remember, this guy is a master used car salesman. Want proof? Half of you guys believed we were heading to the playoffs this season!

I agree that it's usually bad timing to fire a GM in the middle of the season and I'm basing this on a general principle that I believe in. However in this case I have no issue with it because the fear I have of Colangelo making things worse. Which is certainly possible in this case.
      Isn't it depressing when you look at the headlines to see if the Raptors made any kind of transaction and then breath a sigh of relief when they didn't because Bryan could have done something really stupid.

I am in total agreement.. this guy needs to go - sooner than later. I don't want to live in fear anymore.

Comment

After watching yesterdays game against Miami and seeing how dynamic, explosive, athletic, agressive (insert description of your choice) and dialed in Ross was I wonder more and more what BC is doing? If you drafted him with the hopes he would turn into what he's showing signs that he can be then why the extension for DeMar? Or why so soon? And vice versa if you thought that DeMar was going to break out then why draft Ross? Clearly DD can't handle guarding or playing the SF position on a regular basis, and Ross is years away from having the frame/strength/experience to do it.

I just don't see any logic to the moves Bryan is making.

Comment

Mediumcore wrote: View Post
          After watching yesterdays game against Miami and seeing how dynamic, explosive, athletic, agressive (insert description of your choice) and dialed in Ross was I wonder more and more what BC is doing? If you drafted him with the hopes he would turn into what he's showing signs that he can be then why the extension for DeMar? Or why so soon? And vice versa if you thought that DeMar was going to break out then why draft Ross? Clearly DD can't handle guarding or playing the SF position on a regular basis, and Ross is years away from having the frame/strength/experience to do it.

I just don't see any logic to the moves Bryan is making.
          Is it the stacking he spoke of with regards to the abundance of PF's?

Problem is the more desirable piece of the stack is the cheaper with more upside. I don't know but if it is stacking I think he built top on bottom.

Comment

If he isn't gone by the end of the season I will refuse to attend any raptors game next season(even if they magically start playing good basketball).

Comment

Working...
            X