No announcement yet.

Goodbye ACC; Hello Scotiabank Arena!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heard or read somewhere that a good handle would be The Vault........
    I would forget the ACC if that stuck.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

consmap wrote: View Post
      Meh

Air Canada Centre just works better with the whole 'We the North' thing but whatever.
      Yeah, couple of write ups I saw claiming the ACC (as a name) had no relevance whatsoever to the teams that played there were obviously not from the perspective of basketball fans. Having "Canada" on the building kind of worked for We The North + the only Canadian NBA franchise, also VINCE "AIR CANADA" CARTER wtf I have not seen one person mention this yet. FFS. Is history so easily forgotten? (Tiny shout out to DeMar "Heir Canada" DeRozan, I think he got that once or twice.)
      "We're playing in a building." -- Kawhi Leonard

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
        I would forget the ACC if that stuck.
        I feel like that's already used as a nickname for one of the Bank sponsored Arenas... maybe not though...

Comment

Demographic Shift wrote: View Post
          OG is our king

Comment

I still call them Skydome (Roger's Centre), Paramount Theatre (Scotiabank Theatre), and I will continue to call the ACC the ACC.

Hey it worked with Canada's Wonderland (for a time, Paramount Canada's Wonderland) so a man can dream can't he?
            your pal,
            ebrian

Comment

Christ, someone please tell me this arena received $0 dollars of public investment to construct.

Comment

JawsGT wrote: View Post
                Christ, someone please tell me this arena received $0 dollars of public investment to construct.
                I do believe this is the case. Pretty sure MLSE paid for the whole thing after they bought it mid-construction.

Comment

Joey wrote: View Post
                  I feel like that's already used as a nickname for one of the Bank sponsored Arenas... maybe not though...
                  You can hear it now....

A dunk or a long 3 will be followed by Matt screaming XYZ makes a deposit at The Vault from (name of town/city here)
                  There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                  - TGO

Comment

There's multiple arenas and stadiums in every province either named rogers or scotiabank. There's not enough billion dollar companies in Canada..banks and mobile phone providers...

My biggest gripe is why wouldn't they have still called it "rogers skydome"?
                    9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Working...
                    X