GT: The Grande Finale, Celtics @ Raps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    *whistles* Damn. Those are lofty projections. I like your style.

Hence why I put the word projected beside the 28 wins. We actually had 23 wins, but with a winning percentage of 35%, that puts us at 28 wins in an 82 game season. Theory stands.
    Why stop there, i say we get the top seed!

Nah, realistically i see us being a 6th or 7th seed. Considering Valanciunas comes back bigger, him alone will net us like 5 extra wins.
    If you compare us to Houston(7th in the west), we have more overall talent and potential and offensive firepower. I know some of you will go wtf but its true. Houston has Harden as their star and after that there is a big drop off in talent, Lin is solid, Asik is a very good defender but he's equivalent to Aaron Gray on offense(even thats being sorta generous), Parsons is basically what fields is for us and he comes off the bench, Then you have Tom Rob who's got loads of potential but thats just it.

Raptors have Rudy Gay (arguably on par with Harden talent wise), DeRozan as a 2nd tier pure scorer, Lowry (better than Lin hands down), Amir (probably better than any big Houston has at PF), Valanciunas (easily the best bigman between both teams talent and skill wise). The bench is where the problem lies: Fields, Ross, and whoever else is on the bench next year has got to produce. If we can get some solid vets at PG and PF/C we're poised for a long awaited playoff run.

Comment

We gotta fill our bench holes for next season. But I am more than happy to go with the continued development of this starting 5. In fact, I would shake BCs hand personally if we have a consistent starting 5 for next year.. it would be the first in a long time, and I think its the key to seeing more enlightened basketball!
      The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        *whistles* Damn. Those are lofty projections. I like your style.

Hence why I put the word projected beside the 28 wins. We actually had 23 wins, but with a winning percentage of 35%, that puts us at 28 wins in an 82 game season. Theory stands.
        That was definitely edited in, nice try.

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
          We gotta fill our bench holes for next season. But I am more than happy to go with the continued development of this starting 5. In fact, I would shake BCs hand personally if we have a consistent starting 5 for next year.. it would be the first in a long time, and I think its the key to seeing more enlightened basketball!
          Are you well?

Comment

i'm gonna watch this game tomorrow. obviously its not a big deal winning against a resting playoff team but its still going to be fun to watch anyway.

and i can't wait for raptors to come back. its thrown me into a huge basketball loving frenzy that i put up a bball net in my backyard, bought some actual sneakers for once and can't wait for a summer of hoops casually playing with some friends.

win or lose, thanks raptors for the inspiration!

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
              That was definitely edited in, nice try.
              If someone edits his post it doesn't change in earlier quotes of that post.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                Are you well?
                Quite!
                The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I'm just happy they went up in the rankings. Less heart pain giving up a high lottery pick to already amazingly lucky and stacked OKC.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

Working...
                  X