Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #58: Washington Wizards 134 - Toronto Raptors 129 (3OT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
    Yep. Gortat wasn't even in the NBA at JV age and in his second season at the NBA the age of 25, he was only avg 3.6 ppg and 4 rpg.

Big men take time. Also this is what Gortat looked like when he first entered the NBA at the age of 23-24 it took time until he bulked up and became what he is today.
    That's Fucking Alex Len
    "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
      rly? Looks like Alex Len lol
      Because it's Alex Len lol.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• oops, well the point still stand that JV is way ahead of Gortat when he was 21 years old.

Comment

• Game #58: Washington Wizards @ Toronto Raptors, Thursday Feb. 27th @ 7pm EST

Hotshot wrote: View Post
          Yep. Gortat wasn't even in the NBA at JV age and in his second season at the NBA the age of 25, he was only avg 3.6 ppg and 4 rpg.

Big men take time. Also this is what Gortat looked like when he first entered the NBA at the age of 23-24 it took time until he bulked up and became what he is today.
          Not only did you not know that isn't even gortat, you also used the per game stat which is USELESS since he wasn't even a starter and only played like 12 minutes off the bench in his sophomore year.

Per 36, in his second year with limited play time he was netting 10.3pts and 13 boards. He was also 24, not 25.

Obviously gortat is way better right now and maybe JVs development will get him somewhere (to me, very unlikely with the way coach Casey plays him), but this post was to point out that that you really need to understand stats a bit more before trying to utilize them in a post or else you just come off as a bit clueless. And how you thought that pic was gortat is another story...
          Last edited by iblastoff; Fri Feb 28, 2014, 04:20 AM.

Comment

• Well.. it's now someone else's turn to do the game threads. It was fun while it lasted.
            You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Also as long as Casey is the head coach JV will never truly hit his ceiling! Remember on the 1st play of the game how JV and Lowry ran a nice PnR? Guess what that's the only fuckn pick n roll they did all game with him! Casey has to use his little brain and put JV in better positions to succeed!!! Casey uses JV like a pylon on offense
              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                Unfortunately Casey's system does not run it and our bigs no longer even roll, because they know they never get the ball
                Actually, Tyler rolls every single time. But the guards rarely pass it to him, preferring to put up a shot themselves. He had zero shots last night, mostly because Casey kept him on the bench--he had 13 total minutes to 43 for Johnson, while Gortat scored a career-high 31 points--but also because of selfish guard play.

One play in the second quarter (?) is indicative. He and Vasquez moved in parallel down the lane, with the defender in between. Tyler was open because the defender concentrated on the ball, as he should have. But Vasquez, instead of passing behind the defender to the open rolling big, kept the ball, was stopped at the basket, tried to pass in front of the defender, along the baseline, and the ball was lost out of bounds.
                Last edited by caccia; Fri Feb 28, 2014, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• Raps76 wrote: View Post
                  And who would we replace him with?
                  Lionel Hollings, George Karl, Stan van Gundy. Lots of excellent coaches out there, although, like Casey, they tend to be good on only one half of the court.

Comment

• 4hunnit_degreez wrote: View Post
                    Patrick Patterson is the funniest guy to follow on twitter hahahaha! He's just tweeted that he's gonna wear a black mask next game! He said he never knew you could wear colored masks
                    If he does, between him and DeCol we can change their nickname to the Toronto Raiders.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                      Not sure about Ross injury. I don't think Lowry's injury is serious though. He still played a lot of mins after he rolled his ankle. Regardless i don't expect him to play on sunday. And the Raps have a 4 days off after sunday's game. I think he'll be alright. I expect him to be in the lineup against the Kings next friday.
                      In all honesty, Lowry's injury is probably worse BECAUSE he still played a lot of minutes after it. Hopefully, they're both only missing for a few games at most.

Letter N wrote: View Post
                      Gotta feel bad for JV tonight. He played like shit, but still feel bad for him. There was a shot of him in the 3rd OT sitting on the bench and you just know he was pissed at himself for that offensive goaltending call (which wasn't really his fault, that looked like an alley-oop until the last second)

Let's hope he's not easily discouraged because it's been a bad stretch for him and this was the worst of it so far.
                      It was an alley oop that went bad. It didn't look like his usual floater.
                      "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
                      "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post

On the other hand, Sabonis was ready at a young age.

So was Patrick Ewing.

Comment

• I don't understand all the Casey hate. He got the team to compete hard, I really didn't think they would even get it to overtime. Washington wanted this game bad, and guys kept fighting despite losing Lowry, Ross, Pat, and Amir. Hard fought game without our main guys against a fellow playoff team. the more tight/intense games like this, the more they will be ready for the playoffs.

And even the play calls for Lowry when they were going for the win weren't all that bad. A lowry pick and roll or even a Greivis pick and roll is probably their best bet at scoring a game winner. I saw a lot of positives from this game, even though I was extremely pissed with the outcome

Comment

• JV was terrible last night. Awful. I was watching Casey try to figure out who to play once Patterson and Amir had fouled out. I kept calling for JV and finally when he entered the game the crowd and I cheered. Well folks, I have to say I regret that. The cheering was cut short after some pretty horrible defensive attempts by JV along with several bobbled passes that led to turnovers.

Goodness gracious during those OT periods, JV looked like a player playing the first NBA minutes of his career. This is not a dude that strives under pressure.
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                              JV was terrible last night. Awful. I was watching Casey try to figure out who to play once Patterson and Amir had fouled out. I kept calling for JV and finally when he entered the game the crowd and I cheered. Well folks, I have to say I regret that. The cheering was cut short after some pretty horrible defensive attempts by JV along with several bobbled passes that led to turnovers.

Goodness gracious during those OT periods, JV looked like a player playing the first NBA minutes of his career. This is not a dude that strives under pressure.
                              I think alot of it has to do with his body weight. He put on too much weight too fast and his body hasn't caught up yet. and to make things worse, it's killing his confidence that he isn't able to play as well or as often as he'd like. In a couple years his physique will be where it needs to be (or maybe even next year)

Comment

• wallz wrote: View Post
                                I think alot of it has to do with his body weight. He put on too much weight too fast and his body hasn't caught up yet. and to make things worse, it's killing his confidence that he isn't able to play as well or as often as he'd like. In a couple years his physique will be where it needs to be (or maybe even next year)
                                Yea I'm not harping on him. I'm just saying he looked terrible last night when it really mattered. He actually had a pretty good first half. But when the others fouled out Casey was going to Hansbrough, or Novak and I kept thinking why not JV? Well, now I know. Right now at this stage of his career, you do not want that guy out there when the game is on the line.
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X