Default Sumed up my reactions to watching Casey's decisions in 1 GIF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Default Sumed up my reactions to watching Casey's decisions in 1 GIF

Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Tue Dec 3, 2013, 03:24 AM.

My reaction can be summed up in this one:

Comment

Haha. How do you guys post gifs here?
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          Haha. How do you guys post gifs here?

Comment

None of you know Basketball better than Dwayne Casey. None of you know what management is doing right now. None of you sit in on DC's meetings with his staff, personnel or GM. All of you speculate besed of a very limited base of knowledge, a little bit of fanaticism, and a lot of good ole, and VERY HEALTHY, anger for a situation that has been ongoing for more than a decade.

Just saying.

So maybe consider that you aren't seeing everything with eyes qualified to make such strong statements about his competency.

Comment

Craig wrote: View Post
              None of you know Basketball better than Dwayne Casey. None of you know what management is doing right now. None of you sit in on DC's meetings with his staff, personnel or GM. All of you speculate besed of a very limited base of knowledge, a little bit of fanaticism, and a lot of good ole, and VERY HEALTHY, anger for a situation that has been ongoing for more than a decade.

Just saying.

So maybe consider that you aren't seeing everything with eyes qualified to make such strong statements about his competency.
              This is what I hope and pray is actually happening.

Comment

I think Toronto is in a full rebuild, they have said as much an more than one occasion if were truly listening. He isn't trying to win. He's trying to do a lot of other things, and I bet its as hard as hell to do.

Clearly just my opinion, I don't know any more than anyone else here, but I tend to believe what i wrote above... I try to stay within the borders of reality.

Comment

Just saying.

IDK, I think its pretty obvious you don't 5 backups in at the same time for long stretches. It's also pretty terrible watching his out of TO plays and last min plays.

Comment

Just saying.

I can count. I know that when there are about 26 seconds left in the game and the shot clock is at 24 you have to foul if you are down. You don't let the other team run the clock out. I don't need 10+ of NBA coaching experience to know that fact. Neither should you. Neither should Casey. I also know if I flub something that badly I don't repeat the same mistake less than a month later.

I know that Jack and Leo (company men to the core) are both routinely puzzled by Casey's rotations. Are they driven by anger and fanaticism?

I don't need to know more about basketball than Casey to criticize his decisions. I can look at the obvious, glaring errors made in his time here and draw conclusions. It ain't hard to do.

Comment

Just saying.

Well let' see:

1) Are we tanking?

Obviously not, at least not so far. We have 6 wins already and we're still in the playoffs.

2) Are we develpoing some team chemistry and nice offensive flow?

No. We're playing ISO-Ball with Gay and DeRozan basically taking half of the teams shots.

3) Are we developing our young guys?

No. JV and Ross get inconsistent PT and we run even fewer plays for them than last year.

4) Are we increasing some player value so we can sell them high?

Gay's value is closing in to Bargs territory pretty fast.
                      DeRozan' value is good, but I don't see why we should trade him, unless total tank mode and rebuild.
                      Amir getting fewer touches, now coming off bench... value is diminishing. Don't want to see him go.
                      Fields doesn't play at all. Too expensive for a good return in a trade, because no exposure.
                      Novak the only interesting trade chip.

5) Do we see intelligent out of time-out plays?

No.

6) Do we have our fix 8 man rotation?

No. But we sure like to have 5 bench players out there at the same time. Preferably all under 6 ft...

7) Do we see a coach that's holding his players accountable? Building team/franchise identity?

Gay has been shit and plays 37 minutes as a starter. Blue collar worker Amir gets knocked out of the starting line-up... Fields doesn't play at all...

So what the fuck are we doing?
                      Are you really sure there's a lot more to know, something behind the scenes, at least on the coaching level?

One thing is sure: so far there was no plan to tank and MU and Leiweke are all about winning. It might change quick though.

I don't even blame Gay that much (who's been incredibly awful and historically selfish so far) for the terrible results we see, as I think that under a strong personality coach like say Popovich or Phil he could be a pretty good player.
                      But I do blame Casey for this big incomprehensible-whatever-it-is, that doesn't resemble basketball coaching, not by a long shot...

He doesn't control the players, he can't coach, he doesn't develop players, he can't fix and hold on to normal rotations, he doesn't seem to hold his players accountable, he can't draw up a play out of a time-out and even his speciality, which is defense, doesn't look that special either.

I trust in MU and Leiweke, but Dwayne needs to be fired and replaced by somebody that at least resembles an NBA headcoach. He can take Gay with him too.

Comment

BadDinosaur wrote: View Post
                        Well let' see:

1) Are we tanking?

Obviously not, at least not so far. We have 6 wins already and we're still in the playoffs.

2) Are we develpoing some team chemistry and nice offensive flow?

No. We're playing ISO-Ball with Gay and DeRozan basically taking half of the teams shots.

3) Are we developing our young guys?

No. JV and Ross get inconsistent PT and we run even fewer plays for them than last year.

4) Are we increasing some player value so we can sell them high?

Gay's value is closing in to Bargs territory pretty fast.
                        DeRozan' value is good, but I don't see why we should trade him, unless total tank mode and rebuild.
                        Amir getting fewer touches, now coming off bench... value is diminishing. Don't want to see him go.
                        Fields doesn't play at all. Too expensive for a good return in a trade, because no exposure.
                        Novak the only interesting trade chip.

5) Do we see intelligent out of time-out plays?

No.

6) Do we have our fix 8 man rotation?

No. But we sure like to have 5 bench players out there at the same time. Preferably all under 6 ft...

7) Do we see a coach that's holding his players accountable? Building team/franchise identity?

Gay has been shit and plays 37 minutes as a starter. Blue collar worker Amir gets knocked out of the starting line-up... Fields doesn't play at all...

So what the fuck are we doing?
                        Are you really sure there's a lot more to know, something behind the scenes, at least on the coaching level?

One thing is sure: so far there was no plan to tank and MU and Leiweke are all about winning. It might change quick though.

I don't even blame Gay that much (who's been incredibly awful and historically selfish so far) for the terrible results we see, as I think that under a strong personality coach like say Popovich or Phil he could be a pretty good player.
                        But I do blame Casey for this big incomprehensible-whatever-it-is, that doesn't resemble basketball coaching, not by a long shot...

He doesn't control the players, he can't coach, he doesn't develop players, he can't fix and hold on to normal rotations, he doesn't seem to hold his players accountable, he can't draw up a play out of a time-out and even his speciality, which is defense, doesn't look that special either.

I trust in MU and Leiweke, but Dwayne needs to be fired and replaced by somebody that at least resembles an NBA headcoach. He can take Gay with him too.
                        You missed Craig's point, which is that there may indeed be a method to Casey's madness, dictated to him from above. He may be commanding the tank behind closed doors, and pretending not to tank in public -- the way any self-respecting team goes about tanking.

I think you're wrong on your first assumption, which is critical. The Raps are not "obviously not tanking" right now, or since the start of the season. They're 4 games below .500 and have played mostly bad teams -- they suck right now. The fact that other teams are sucking harder doesn't mean Toronto isn't trying. How much of this is by design and how much is just 'luck' is the important question, if you're judging Casey on it.

I'm personally undecided on Casey, and I think I will be until the roster changes significantly. Too early to judge him when we don't know what the expectations of management are. What we can judge is how poorly his big-name players are playing, whether they're following his script or not, because we KNOW that players don't tank. If they're sucking, it's on them, not because they're trying to lose games.
                        Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

jimmie wrote: View Post
                          You missed Craig's point, which is that there may indeed be a method to Casey's madness, dictated to him from above. He may be commanding the tank behind closed doors, and pretending not to tank in public -- the way any self-respecting team goes about tanking.

I think you're wrong on your first assumption, which is critical. The Raps are not "obviously not tanking" right now, or since the start of the season. They're 4 games below .500 and have played mostly bad teams -- they suck right now. The fact that other teams are sucking harder doesn't mean Toronto isn't trying. How much of this is by design and how much is just 'luck' is the important question, if you're judging Casey on it.

I'm personally undecided on Casey, and I think I will be until the roster changes significantly. Too early to judge him when we don't know what the expectations of management are. What we can judge is how poorly his big-name players are playing, whether they're following his script or not, because we KNOW that players don't tank. If they're sucking, it's on them, not because they're trying to lose games.
                          Coaches don't command tanks, general managers do by trading players for futures. Coaches ALWAYS try to win the fucking game. What, you think he's "coaching bad" for a draft pick? Like purposely trying to lose? That is one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Seriously. How would that ever do anything but harm for a team if we found coaches were actually teaching and implementing losing strategies intentionally? WOW.

Casey has one mandate: squeeze as many wins out of the roster he is given as possible. Lieweke and MU, they could be up to something else altogether, but not Casey. Ever.
                          9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

I think Casey likes Gay. While Gay doesn't make smart choices on offense, he makes a lot of hustle plays and plays good defense. I've seen him on the ground, going after balls, multiple times.
                            "Bruno?
                            Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                            He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

stooley wrote: View Post
                              I think Casey likes Gay. While Gay doesn't make smart choices on offense, he makes a lot of hustle plays and plays good defense. I've seen him on the ground, going after balls, multiple times.
                              Sadly, he probably tried to shoot it while still on the ground.
                              Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

Working...
                              X