Bargnani Thread Merging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I've said a couple times now that something unique would not get tossed here but the general "Bargnani sucks", "Bargnani is a Superstar" and "trade Bargnani" stuff is not unique.

We have 107 pages over only five months. This post I'm writing, #2140 of this thread. People still will want to talk about the guy. This thread has a prominent position at the top of the board. It can't be missed.

Thanks for the vote of confidence. The Bargnani threads were getting out of hand, I've felt it for a few weeks and other posters feel it to. Ten threads about the same guy and the same conversation is confusing.
    That sounds good. Keep up the good work, you must still be flyin high from the weekend too eh!

Comment

Much so. I've been waiting since '97 for this. It's too bad it wasn't the Patriots butts they were kicking again though...
      Well, take what you can get I guess!

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
        Feel how you may about my posts, and I don't disagree with you totally, there are alot of other people,including young fans, who might have something unique to say. I think if you are going to put all the threads together, why not create a whole forum category called "Everything Bargnani", and then in that forum category you can see a list of all the threads and their titles.

It just seems like now nobody will want to post or talk about Bargs as their ideas will just get tossed on this heap where nobody will want to venture. Maybe this is just my point of view as a Bargs fan. At 107 it is safe to say lots of people were starting posts, good or bad, and I think in the issue of fairness most of them deserve a fair shot.
        Though I do enjoy a clean ship, and was feeling the redundancy of some of those threads; I do agree that alot of good threads, or talking points, will get over looked simply because they have been lost in the fray of these mass-threads.

I had posted a thread the other day looking to discuss an article by Ian Thompson, and because he was discussing the draft in the article, it got moved to the Draft Sticky. Which makes perfect sense, and I don't disagree with it, but I think it now just becomes one of 14000 in that draft thread, and not a main discussion point, which is what I was looking for out of it.

I do agree with Multi's idea that perhaps a deeper "branch" for these threads would be more beneficial to the conversation.
        Would perhaps even make for a cleaner ship.

Comment

A lot of the threads are discussed for a week and forgotten about. Stuff on page two is more likely to be on page five by the end of the week than it is to make it back to page one. A new thread of the same theme is more likely to spring up than that old thread making it back into the rotation. Whether we have five draft threads or one, old points about a topic are going to fall by the wayside due to interesting new points about the topic. If those threads are one at least the user can see more points of view. Based on the redundancy in threads, few people are looking past page one or two on the board.

There is a great Advanced Search feature on this board that I would recommend to all.

Anyway, this is off topic and might be best suited for the "RR Forums Questions, Suggestions or Feedback" board.
          Last edited by Apollo; Tue Feb 8, 2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

There is a great Advanced Search feature on this board that I would recommend to all.

Anyway, this is off topic and might be best suited for the "RR Forums Questions, Suggestions or Feedback" board.
            Valid arguments.
            My bad. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Wow, the boards been pretty quiet last couple days.

Couple good Bargs' threads would probably boost the activity levels, get people talking and politicking.

Comment

There's a good one right here and no, the board seems to be just as active.

I also thought you weren't going to "rock the boat"?

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                Right on, I won't rock the boat
                Last edited by Apollo; Wed Feb 9, 2011, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Sorry Apollo I was just being sarcastic, sorry about that everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X