Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL: Raptors‬ acquire Lowry from Rockets for Forbes & protected 1st (Post #392)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
    I'd be very surprised if JJ is here come training camp. I think he's as good as gone. Fields and Kleiza seem like the logical SF depth chart.
    id have to agree.. JJ brings some tough D & some nice blocks but if casey had him ride the pine that long there had to be something more to it then being late for practice or partying to hard..

Comment

• I like this trade. Forbes became #6 on the wing depth chart and a protected pick in a weak draft is not much at all to giveup for a good young PG on a highly favourable contract. I really hope Calderon sticks around as the veteran backup PG.

I doubt BC is finished, given the logjam at PF, wing and PG.

PF - either Amir or Davis will likely be traded
      SF - at least 1 guy needs to be traded, likliest candidate is JJ (Fields/Kleiza at SF, DeRozan/Ross at SG)
      PG - either Calderon or Bayless (if not both) will be traded, hopefully a S&T for Bayless to pickup an asset in return

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I like this trade. Forbes became #6 on the wing depth chart and a protected pick in a weak draft is not much at all to giveup for a good young PG on a highly favourable contract. I really hope Calderon sticks around as the veteran backup PG.

I doubt BC is finished, given the logjam at PF, wing and PG.

PF - either Amir or Davis will likely be traded
        SF - at least 1 guy needs to be traded, likliest candidate is JJ (Fields/Kleiza at SF, DeRozan/Ross at SG)
        PG - either Calderon or Bayless (if not both) will be traded, hopefully a S&T for Bayless to pickup an asset in return
        Davis, JJ, Bayless are likely guys gone IMO. Just a thought.
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
          Davis, JJ, Bayless are likely guys gone IMO. Just a thought.
          I can't see Colangelo parting with Davis so soon. If he can find a suitor for Amir, I could see him being traded before Ed.

Comment

• did you guys know amir was an expiring? i think calderon and amir which is like close to 15 mil in expirings has to land us something big..although it prob isnt wise to use so many expiring contracts in a trade

Comment

• lol does anyone else find the irony in the Rocket's position right now? They went from having a PG problem between Lowry and Dragic to not having either of them at all. Lin's most likely not going to Houston since NY will probably match whatever they throw at Lin. I kinda feel bad for saying this, but I love watching other teams suffer as much as we have.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                I can't see Colangelo parting with Davis so soon. If he can find a suitor for Amir, I could see him being traded before Ed.
                Agreed. People are still forgetting that Davis hasn't had a proper training camp yet. I haven't given up with Davis and neither has BC. I think we should trade Amir even though I absolutely love that guy.

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
                  did you guys know amir was an expiring? i think calderon and amir which is like close to 15 mil in expirings has to land us something big..although it prob isnt wise to use so many expiring contracts in a trade
                  Amir has 3 years left, he isn't expiring.
                  12/13 - $6.0M
                  13/14 - $6.5M
                  14/15 - $7.0M

I still really like the idea of putting an Amir/JJ/Bayless/future 1st rounder for Iggy trade together, personally speaking. Let him start at SF, while providing veteran leadership.

Starters: Valanciunas, Bargnani, Iguodala, DeRozan, Lowry
                  Backups: Davis, Kleiza, Fields, Ross, Calderon
                  Extras: Gray (to play C on 2nd unit against true C), Acy, Uzoh
                  Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Thu Jul 5, 2012, 03:43 PM.

Comment

• geo wrote: View Post
                    did you guys know amir was an expiring?
                    Nope, not till 2014/15.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                      id have to agree.. JJ brings some tough D & some nice blocks but if casey had him ride the pine that long there had to be something more to it then being late for practice or partying to hard..
                      Yeah, I'm such a sucker for long, athletic 3/4s, I always defend them for way longer than they deserve. It's why I'd make a terrible GM (also: everything else required to be a good GM).

What was the tempo of the Houston offense last season? It sounds like both Fields and Ross are both projected to function better in an up-temp one than one with a lot iso.

Comment

• next up Calderon and JJ for Iggy
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• Blacklash2k4 wrote: View Post
                          Agreed. People are still forgetting that Davis hasn't had a proper training camp yet. I haven't given up with Davis and neither has BC. I think we should trade Amir even though I absolutely love that guy.
                          i agree....i think davis has a lot of upside and eventually him and jonas could be lethal...the thing the worries me tho is he coundt get minutes ahead of aaron gray last year...so what does that say

Comment

• I'm happy about this trade. It's a pretty incredible turnaround for what was likely a whirlwind 24 hours of Bryan Colangelo's life.

Good on him, and good on the Raptors. This doesn't change everything but we sure did take a big step forward today!
                            your pal,
                            ebrian

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                              Nope, not till 2014/15.
                              o shit i just looked up nba free agents in 2013 on espn and him and jose came up..they prob didnt update his extension

Comment

• John Hollinger ‏@johnhollinger
                                Looks like Clippers might be winners of this year's Matt Barnes-to-Toronto award.

wtf does that mean

Comment

Working...
                                X