Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

S&T - Bosh/Jack/*Belinelli for Bynum/Vujacic/*Draft Pick (1st/2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S&T - Bosh/Jack/*Belinelli for Bynum/Vujacic/*Draft Pick (1st/2011)

I think the Lakers would agree to this trade:

BOSH /JACK / *MAYBE INCLUDE BELINELLI
    for
    BYNUM / VUJACIC / *MAYBE INCLUDE FIRST ROUND PICK (2011)

For Toronto:
    -Replace the loss of a great big with a good big
    -We must trade Jack or Calderon (Lakers obviously insist on Jack - cheaper, better than Calderon)
    -Trading Jack makes Calderon the starting PG, and allows Hedo to become the 6th man/back-up PG
    -Vujacic is an expiring contract.
    -*Trading Beli eliminates the glut at SG with the addition of Vujacic.
    -*Lakers pick becomes a trading chip

For Lakers:
    -They trade a good big for a great big
    -PG Jack takes SG Vujacic's roster post (both are $5M/per), which saves them money since both their PG's (Farmar and Fisher) are free agents this summer.
    -*Beli would replace Vujacic's role; Beli's contract is cheaper than Vujacic's and is also expiring.
    -*Beli would be compensation for trading their low value draft pick

Thoughts?
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Thu May 6, 2010, 01:25 AM.
    RR OG

Honestly I don't see the interest in Bynum. Achilles, knee and ankle problems, his legs are as bad as Bosh's. Also, I really don't want to give up on Jack, and I can see belinelli flourishing under a coach who can teach him to embrace his limitations. Also, with Bosh and Jack, Lakers win 3 titles in a row, and I dont want the Lakers to win (but i'm just selfish in that way )

Comment

then we have similar problems like last year...... we have no depth on PG when Calderon / Jack (which ever is traded) is injured.. that's why we sign Jack in the first place......

Don't say... Marcus Banks can be second pg... he is not a caliber backup...

Comment

.....Marcus Banks can be second pg.

And before you question my IQ or my sanity, I am joking

Comment

i think the raps get burned on this deal. I know the raps won't get equal value back for bosh, but i think they could get a bit more coming back.

bynum has been injured a lot more than bosh and as mentioned, belinelli's contract is better than vujacic. so i would want the lakers to take calderon instead of jack and provide us with some long-term salary relief.

i think the bynum deal is the best one out there, but he is a risk and dealing jack is too great of a price for bynum.

Comment

KakashiPrince wrote: View Post
            then we have similar problems like last year...... we have no depth on PG when Calderon / Jack (which ever is traded) is injured.. that's why we sign Jack in the first place......

Don't say... Marcus Banks can be second pg... he is not a caliber backup...

As I noted in my OP, I think Hedo would be more effecgtive coming off the bench as our 6th man and play the Point-Forward (back-up PG) position he's most comfortable with (and complained about not playing it last year).

Marcus Banks would continue his role as our third-string PG.
            RR OG

Comment

Why throw in Jack and Belinelli? The Lakers would probably do a Bosh for Bynum deal, which would be much, much better for the Raptors.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I wouldn't trade Jack unless in another deal a starting point guard is coming back. Jose's a great back up and and a bad starter, I don't see why people don't just accept that and stop turning an asset into a liability.

The Bynum is a huge risk, I'd be down for it. If Bynum is starting then you start Turk as well, someone is going to have to get him the ball.

No Sasha, i'd rather see Morrison.

Comment

TIm W. wrote: View Post
                  Why throw in Jack and Belinelli? The Lakers would probably do a Bosh for Bynum deal, which would be much, much better for the Raptors.
                  We need to trade Jack or Jose, and no one is going to take Jose off our hands. So if we have to trade a PG, and Jack is the deal breaker in making a Bosh/Bynum S&T, I'd do it.
                  RR OG

Comment

Just because Raptors wants to trade Jack or Jose, I don't see a reason to send the better contract at PG (Jack) to Lakers along with CB4. CB4 has better value than Bynum, why Raptors has to give up Jack? I would understand if Raptors have to give up Jack on a trade that involves Hedo which value took a hit recently, but not Bosh.
                    Wouldn't be easier, CB4/Belli for Bynum/Lakers first pick?

Comment

insight_tor wrote: View Post
                      Just because Raptors wants to trade Jack or Jose, I don't see a reason to send the better contract at PG (Jack) to Lakers along with CB4. CB4 has better value than Bynum, why Raptors has to give up Jack? I would understand if Raptors have to give up Jack on a trade that involves Hedo which value took a hit recently, but not Bosh.
                      Wouldn't be easier, CB4/Belli for Bynum/Lakers first pick?
                      Agreed. Jack and Calderon aren't worthless. if you need to trade one (and I don't think you NEED to), and can't trade Calderon, then you trade Jack. But he is a hell of a lot more valuable than be a simple throw in for a trade.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                      X