Demar Derozan Forget How to Dunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puffer wrote: View Post
    Only reason to dunk, outside of the dunk contest. Why take a chance of using energy, getting hurt, missing a sure basket. Winning basketball is all the entertainment I need.
    I'd probably say the same thing if they were winning. Well, let the layups and losses continue I guess.
    "So then carter says, Yes I'd LOVE to play for the Raptors again"

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      DeRozan is an athetic guy who lacks explosiveness. He is not quick off his feet. Not good for in game situations.
      Bingo! His "athleticism" is grossly overrated.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        Bingo! His "athleticism" is grossly overrated.
        I don't know if it's grossly overrated, but definitely a bit. His leaping is because as Matt said, he doesn't have explosiveness in that last step. He has very good all around athleticism, where pretty much everything about it is above average, but nothing really sticks out.

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
          I was just about to create a thread like this.

Today's game in Milwaukee. DeRozan had a chance to to go hard and dunk the ball late in the 4th, but he tried to lay it in instead. Result? his shot got blocked by Sanders. Bucks got the ball on transition, Dunleavy hit a 3. GAME OVER.

I hate to say this again, but DeRozan is pretty SOFT.
          I call BS. Not dunking doesn't necessarily mean he's soft. And it's absurd to call him soft for not trying to dunk it (which maybe was also a mental lapse, maybe he didn't have the momentum as well, who knows) in a game where he gets to the line 10 times. Demar, while it may be fair to say is a bit of an overrated athlete, is a pretty tough player. He has pretty consistently tried to keep scoring in the paint since he came into the league. He takes so many hard hits going in, and he never stops. He gets to the line a lot, and probably takes the biggest beating out of any non-big on the team. He's WAY tougher than Vince ever was, for instance, even though Vince dunked over people more.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            I don't know if it's grossly overrated, but definitely a bit. His leaping is because as Matt said, he doesn't have explosiveness in that last step. He has very good all around athleticism, where pretty much everything about it is above average, but nothing really sticks out.
            It's all semantics, I suppose.

When I watch DeRozan, I see a player who (like you said), lacks finishing explosiveness, isn't the fastest sprinter, can't change direction quickly, and lacks the hand-eye coordination to use his dribble as a weapon. IMO, these are all characteristics of athleticism that are below average for a starting shooting guard.

Comment

Whoa!! Are you guys all in your 60's?? Why wouldn't you want to see an awesome dunk on a wide open fast break?? Who cares what season he's in?! There's really nothing better than an awesome dunk. I fell asleep when Derozan did his dunk, and then got a huge woody when Ross did his.

Comment

thegreynathan wrote: View Post
                Whoa!! Are you guys all in your 60's?? Why wouldn't you want to see an awesome dunk on a wide open fast break?? Who cares what season he's in?! There's really nothing better than an awesome dunk. I fell asleep when Derozan did his dunk, and then got a huge woody when Ross did his.
                It's simply an acknowledgement that "awesome dunks" doesn't win you games.

Comment

It's simply an acknowledgement that "awesome dunks" doesn't win you games.
                  who cares. we won the game anyway.

Comment

thegreynathan wrote: View Post
                    who cares. we won the game anyway.
                    I'd rather see DeRozan improve his outside shooting...

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      He has really good hang-time.
                      Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Speaking of dunking, is there any truth to this tweet by Chris Palmer of ESPN?

Dunk Contest: Terrence Ross (@T_DotFlight31); Gerald Green; Paul George; Alonzo Gee (@GeeAlonzo)

https://twitter.com/ESPNChrisPalmer/...21073132482561

Comment

Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                          Speaking of dunking, is there any truth to this tweet by Chris Palmer of ESPN?

Dunk Contest: Terrence Ross (@T_DotFlight31); Gerald Green; Paul George; Alonzo Gee (@GeeAlonzo)

https://twitter.com/ESPNChrisPalmer/...21073132482561
                          Nice! Hope it's true. Although, I wouldn't really consider George or Gee high flyers. Kinda takes me back to when Larry Hughes was in the dunk contest :|

Comment

Raps must lead the league in dunk contest participants over the past 10-15 years. Carter, McGrady, Moon, DeRozan, and now Ross.

Comment

Raps must lead the league in dunk contest participants over the past 10-15 years. Carter, McGrady, Moon, DeRozan, and now Ross.
                              Well they gotta lead in something I guess....

Comment

Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                                Well they gotta lead in something I guess....
                                Prior to that, the consecutive-games-with-a-3-pointer streak was our only claim to fame :|

Comment

Working...
                                X