DJ Augustin signs 1-year Deal with Raptors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
    I'd be shocked if DJ isn't backing up Lowry. Augustin will also get minutes behind DeMar as well especially if Ross isn't cutting it.

I'm not excited about the signing, but am not upset by it either. Little to no risk.
    Absolutely right.

And if #OperationWiggins gets underway, he will be good enough to be a starter and bad enough to ensure operational success.

Comment

Yup. He apparently failed his physical last week.
      He has to get surgery on his Knee I believe, and he also has issues with his Hip.

I'm just playin' with you 'doctor is in'

Matt, damn you and tanknation.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Absolutely right.

And if #OperationWiggins gets underway, he will be good enough to be a starter and bad enough to ensure operational success.
        Yup. Augustin would be the best starting point guard to tank with this side of Oladipo. Hopefully someone makes a nice offer for Lowry.
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Ross has been training with Nick Nurse to gain consistency on the court. If this is successfully, we could see some kind of progress to stabilize the bench w/ Augustin, Acy, etc.

Comment

I'm pretty neutral on this signing. I keep going back and forth between "He's Shit!" And "But what if he goes back to the way he used to play and does even better."
            Although the realist in me is slowly shutting up the latter.

Comment

And what happens when we tank and miss out on the 25% chance of winning the lottery next year? It was all for naught.

Tanking is ridiculous. I wanna roundhouse all the Raptors fans in the throat who suggest it constantly.

So line up tank supporters. I'm limbering up right now.

Comment

And what happens when we tank and miss out on the 25% chance of winning the lottery next year? It was all for naught.

Tanking is ridiculous. I wanna roundhouse all the Raptors fans in the throat who suggest it constantly.

I don't advocate it either, but this is a very similar draft to Lebon, Wade, Bosh and Melo. Even if you miss first, as long as you don't select a Darko Milicic, a top 5 pick will likely get you an Allstar this year.

Comment

There are still all sorts of all-star potential players in this draft.

Tanking is ridiculous when you support sending out Rudy Gay for 50Cent and Charlie V.

Tanking is smart when you get real assets and flexibility in return.

I kind of want to roundhouse all the Raptors fans in the throat who constantly suggest DD is going to become an All-Star or Gay is going to drop 25+ per game.

So line up mediocrity lovers. I'm not very limber but luckily I don't have to kick too high for most people.

Comment

There are still all sorts of all-star potential players in this draft.

Tanking is ridiculous when you support sending out Rudy Gay for 50Cent and Charlie V.

Tanking is smart when you get real assets and flexibility in return.

I kind of want to roundhouse all the Raptors fans in the throat who constantly suggest DD is going to become an All-Star or Gay is going to drop 25+ per game.

So line up mediocrity lovers. I'm not very limber but luckily I don't have to kick too high for most people.
                    While I agree with you to a certain extent, this team will not tank and if can remain healthy will at worst be a bubble team. I know, what's the point if you're just going to miss the playoffs. It's the hard work and experience that I think most of this young guys will benefit from and only help us to be better in the years to come.

As Gay frustrates most here, I still love him. Maybe not at his hefty pricetag, but with some new peepers (lasik eye surgery) this season, I'll give him a good chance knowing that he's going to carry this team on most nights. And sadly (for you at least Matt) I bet Gay knocks down close to 25 points per game.

As for DD, I don't have time to ramble on and on. He's not an all-star. Nowhere close. He's been a good player on a bad team. End of story.

I expect mediocrity to a certain extent because eventhough Masai hasn't say it, we are still rebuilding. If we're a bubble team in another 3 years then send me to the mental hospital because I don't know how many more seasons I can handle like the ones we've suffered through over the last while.

Comment

drunkmunky wrote: View Post
                      He's good @ modern warfare 3 too!!!

http://youtu.be/6AOhPKuh68k
                      Let's just hope he can snipe from deep like he snipes n00bs.

Comment

While I agree with you to a certain extent, this team will not tank and if can remain healthy will at worst be a bubble team. I know, what's the point if you're just going to miss the playoffs. It's the hard work and experience that I think most of this young guys will benefit from and only help us to be better in the years to come.

As Gay frustrates most here, I still love him. Maybe not at his hefty pricetag, but with some new peepers (lasik eye surgery) this season, I'll give him a good chance knowing that he's going to carry this team on most nights. And sadly (for you at least Matt) I bet Gay knocks down close to 25 points per game.

As for DD, I don't have time to ramble on and on. He's not an all-star. Nowhere close. He's been a good player on a bad team. End of story.

I expect mediocrity to a certain extent because eventhough Masai hasn't say it, we are still rebuilding. If we're a bubble team in another 3 years then send me to the mental hospital because I don't know how many more seasons I can handle like the ones we've suffered through over the last while.
                        Talent is what matters.

I like Gay. I wanted him on the team, I believe I mentioned that in a couple of threads Problem was he, like most of the other pieces on this roster, were to compliment #MissionAccomplished. You throw a borderline all-star PF who can hit 3's on this team, and suddenly they are scary. This team is far from scary.

I don't get the impression that TL is the type of guy to puff out his chest in numerous interviews and press conferences about how sorry the team is and not make changes sooner than later. The Raptors are not tanking anytime soon but come December 15th until the middle of February, I'll be waiting for a couple of explosions.

Comment

I think MU is making moves just incase he wants to tank mid season and he doesnt think this team can be tweaked to make it into a contender. If we tank agustin can start if not he can sit on the bench
                          ya dun noe

Comment

It's the hard work and experience that I think most of this young guys will benefit from and only help us to be better in the years to come.
                            I used to think this was the case, that too much losing early in a player's career might stunt them somehow. But seeing how Durant, Westbrook et al. bounced back from those rough early years changed my mind about that.

Val definitely has the mentality and personality to overcome a bunch of losing, and he's the only one on the team who matters. What we need is to find someone who can run with him.
                            "Stop eating your sushi."
                            "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                            "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                            - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Definitely good signing for 1.26 mil , all our backup pgs are making 3rd string money to earn the spot.

Comment

JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                                Val definitely has the mentality and personality to overcome a bunch of losing, and he's the only one on the team who matters. What we need is to find someone who can run with him.
                                I'm likely very delusional for thinking this, but I think Hansbrough is going to surprise alot of people this year. Albeit right now he'll be backing up Amir, I bet that changes halfway through the year. I'm a Heels fan and he isn't as terrible on the offensive side as some say. Given PT, he'll do well here in Toronto. Book it.

Comment

Working...
                                X