Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Barnesgate" Ends - Signs 2-Year Deal With Lakers (Update: Pg. 23)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gortat coming too? I hope so!

The deal would be perfect if Orlando included Gortat in S&T; Orlando is 20 millions into luxury tax territory and they could definitely dump some of that money.

Hopefully it is something like Evans + D. Jones + 4.5 million - TPE for Gortat and Barnes;

Then we'd be looking at a Raptors team that would have a chance to make the play off;

Bargs/Gortat/Alabi
    Amir/Davis/Dorsey
    Kleiza/Barnes
    Derozan/Sonny/Bellineli/Barbosa
    Jack/Calderon/Banks

Orlando is doing this because it's a money saver, around 11-12 millions including the luxury tax and the flexibility to get the 4.5 million TPE in case they need to go after a big time player later on.

Comment

Barnes should start over Kleiza at SF- thank goodness. Makes the Kleiza signing(which isn't official yet) the more puzzling. That money could have been used on a quality Center or PG. It'll be interesting to what the S&T of Barnes and possiblly Kleiza will manifest plus to see BC's next moves after these 2 are finalized as Calderon has to go(and Bargs should as well in my mind).

Currently Raptors look something like this:

C: Bargnani/Dorsey/DJones/Alabi
      PF: AJohnson/Davis/Evans
      SF: Barnes/Kleiza/Weems
      SG: DeRozan/Barbosa /Bellineli
      PG: Jack/Calderon/Banks

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
        Barnes should start over Kleiza at SF- thank goodness. Makes the Kleiza signing(which isn't official yet) the more puzzling. That money could have been used on a quality Center or PG. It'll be interesting to what the S&T of Barnes and possiblly Kleiza will manifest plus to see BC's next moves after these 2 are finalized as Calderon has to go(and Bargs should as well in my mind).

You have 16 players. Teams are only allowed 15.
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
          You are restricted to 15 players only when season starts ... since then, you can have as many as you wish.

Comment

I know this Sherlock. The Rap's have in theory 16 players under contract when you include both Kleiza & Barnes since these transactions aren't official we don't have the full sign & trade particulars of each player. Also, the Raps may send out Banks, Evans, Bellinelli, DJones and/or TPE in the S&T w/ Barnes(*Kleiza?). Until then this is what it is- the off season and the Rap's have 16 players under contract for sake of argument. If you feel otherwise- fair enough.

Btw- It's not unusual for NBA teams, in the off season, to have more than 15 players under contract as all the contracts most likely aren't fully guaranteed- do the full math not the half for a quick internet laugh, homie.

Fyi- I'm an ex D1 baller who knows hoops- son.

Comment

I know this Sherlock. The Rap's have in theory 16 players under contract when you include both Kleiza & Barnes since these transactions aren't official we don't have the full sign & trade particulars of each player. Also, the Raps may send out Banks, Evans, Bellinelli, DJones and/or TPE in the S&T w/ Barnes(*Kleiza?). Until then this is what it is- the off season and the Rap's have 16 players under contract for sake of argument. If you feel otherwise- fair enough.

Btw- It's not unusual for NBA teams, in the off season, to have more than 15 players under contract as all the contracts most likely aren't fully guaranteed- do the full math not the half for a quick internet laugh, homie.

Fyi- I'm an ex D1 baller who knows hoops- son.
              I don't believe Dorsey is under contract with the Raptors any more than a number of the guys who played for the Raptors LVSL team. If that is the case then there is nothing that will prevent him from signing with another team. Raptors fans expect him to sign with the Raptors but as far as I know right now he is a free agent.

If you have any information that says otherwise please post it and the link. Thanks.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Take it for what it's worth people but John Hollinger just tweeted that he thinks all sign and trade deals have to be AT LEAST THREE YEARS, and he isn't sure how this deal is possible since we used most of our MLE.
                We'll see.
                Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

i think its a great signing considering barnes plays defence
                  ya dun noe

Comment

this is the most screwed up roster I have ever seen! There has to be some trades coming up. We are stocking up on assests or complimentary players for trades.

How quickly are you allowed to move a guy you signed in the off0season? I think players that get traded in the off-season can't be traded till Dec.

Barnes would be a nice trade bait with Calderon or Jack

Bargs/Alibi (not ready yet)
                    Amir (over payed non starter)/ Reggie Evans/ Ed Davis (not ready)
                    kleiza/barnes/Weems **** all bench guys
                    Barbosa/DeMar/Weems/Belinelli (our deepest and best position)
                    Calderon/ Jack/ Banks

Lottery here we come, unless we make some more moves. Use that TPE, Barnes, PG and a draft pick for a game changer. Granger, Bynum, etc

Comment

I don't believe Dorsey is under contract with the Raptors any more than a number of the guys who played for the Raptors LVSL team. If that is the case then there is nothing that will prevent him from signing with another team. Raptors fans expect him to sign with the Raptors but as far as I know right now he is a free agent.

If you have any information that says otherwise please post it and the link. Thanks.
                      Dorsey IS currently under contract w/ TO (he's not a f/a) it's not fully gauranteed if he's released, renounced by a certain date, if not then it becomes gauranteed for 2010-11.

Step your game up son, when you try to check me- you just check yourself. A quick google would have given you Dorsey's contract particulars or if you follow the Raptors closely, like I, you would may have heard that as it has been mentioned more than once in the media.

Peace
                      Last edited by SirChillyMost; Mon Jul 19, 2010, 11:46 PM.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                        Take it for what it's worth people but John Hollinger just tweeted that he thinks all sign and trade deals have to be AT LEAST THREE YEARS, and he isn't sure how this deal is possible since we used most of our MLE.
                        We'll see.
                        The Kleiza signing isn't official as of yet as well. Time will tell w/ Barnes & Kleiza- hopefully soon.lol

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                          this is the most screwed up roster I have ever seen! There has to be some trades coming up. We are stocking up on assests or complimentary players for trades.

How quickly are you allowed to move a guy you signed in the off0season? I think players that get traded in the off-season can't be traded till Dec.

Barnes would be a nice trade bait with Calderon or Jack

Bargs/Alibi (not ready yet)
                          Amir (over payed non starter)/ Reggie Evans/ Ed Davis (not ready)
                          kleiza/barnes/Weems **** all bench guys
                          Barbosa/DeMar/Weems/Belinelli (our deepest and best position)
                          Calderon/ Jack/ Banks

Lottery here we come, unless we make some more moves. Use that TPE, Barnes, PG and a draft pick for a game changer. Granger, Bynum, etc
                          Roster probally looks a little more more like this barring S&T particulars:

Bargnani/Dorsey/DJones/Alabi (no where near ready for 2-3 years)
                          AJohnson/Davis/Evans (will be more than ready come November)
                          Barnes/Kleiza (doesn't make sense with Barnes signing)
                          DeRozan/Barbosa(6th man supreme)/Weems/Bellineli
                          Jack/Calderon/Banks

Rap's need to move both Bargnani and Calderon while getting back a legit center plus some veteran help to surround the YG'z.

Comment

Dorsey IS currently under contract w/ TO (he's not a f/a) it's not fully gauranteed if he's released, renounced by a certain date, if not then it becomes gauranteed for 2010-11.

Step your game up son, when you try to check me- you just check yourself. A quick google would have given you Dorsey's contract particulars or if you follow the Raptors closely, like I, you would may have heard that as it has been mentioned more than once in the media.

Peace
                            Where is the link? His contract ran only through June 30th

The Toronto Raptors announced Sunday they have signed free agent forward-centre Joey Dorsey for the remainder of the season. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed.
                            http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=5673

You talk a lot of trash and I sense you throw in some BS. Back it up with a link or go to the bench #pause
                            Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Jul 20, 2010, 12:03 AM.

Comment

Call me crazy but maybe do a 4-way deal with Dallas, orlando and indiana.

To Toronto:
                              - Matt barnes 5mil/yr (2 yr contract) through sign and trade
                              - T. Chandler 12mil/yr (1 yr left)

To Orlando:
                              - Roy Hibber 1.6 mil/yr (1 yr left)
                              - Dwayne Jones 999.K/yr (1yr left)
                              - trade exception or TJ Ford for a decent back up 8mil/yr 1 yr
                              left(even though they just added duhon)

To Indiana
                              - Calderon 9mil/yr (3 yrs left)
                              - Banks 5mil/yr (1 yr left)

To Dallas
                              - Gortat 6 mil/yr (4 yrs left)
                              - Evans 5mil/yr (1 yr left)

Why do this?

Toronto: Pick a chandler who is a defensive machine, a great pairing for bargnani, can run the floor and is only signed on for 1 yr which will not affect davis' development much and he could pick up a thing or two from chandler defense wise. If we got gorat he is hooked on for 4 yrs which would take away time from davis in the future, who I think will develop into a good defensive player.

Indiana: get a solid starting point and a decent backup, if you're laughing i understand, that is only signed on for one year.

Dallas: Get Gortat that is a guy they have were chasing last year who is signed for a couple of years and still get some cap relief when reggie's contract expires at the end of the season. Therefore get a "solid" center for now and the future and a dirty work guy for the same price of chandler

Orlando: Get a solid cheaper backup for dwight and get cap relief with the expiration of tj's contract and have a excellent scorer who I think would play great with dwight in the pick and roll or just get a trade exception from the raptors.

This trade works through the trade machine, I doubt there is any chance of this, but maybe just maybe if hell freezes over and this happens, toronto would be a solid 5-7 seed team for next year and it sets them up for the future financially.

Comment

I like this alot, I like the way we're going....Some attitude on this team. The soft bosh years are over!

Comment

Working...
                                X