The Video Game Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    Anyone picking up Splinter Cell: Blacklist?
    My friends guy wrote on that game, and my good buddy did UI for it. Looks amazing. My friend said they were very proud of the fact that it was the only game out there you could finish without having to kill even one guy

Comment

I have heard of it yes. Is it any good?
      NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
      Doesn't matter cause i signed up anyway haha
      Its the next entry after Skyrim. Of course its good. Lol

They ran the beta a while back though, and unless you have a DOPE computer, you're not getting picked for the next round of Beta.

Comment

I have heard of it yes. Is it any good?
        Skyrim but in whole continent and multiplayer? Asking me this? Are you serious? Haha, of course
        Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Apparently Fallout 4 is also in Development ... now THAT I can't wait for.

Comment

• I like fallout cuz i can play in god mode, with the best weapon. I likey cheating, because I am no good at vid games

Comment

• Just saying no to Next Gen

RandomGuy wrote: View Post
              Skyrim but in whole continent and multiplayer? Asking me this? Are you serious? Haha, of course
              I think I'll take a pass. I have no intentions of buying a new PC anytime soon and being that I took about a two year vacation from console gaming I have no intention of moving to the next gen anytime soon seeing how I'm two years behind most of you and if how Sony handled the PS2 is any indication there will be PS3 support for quite sometime yet. Not to mention that PS3 gaming is going to become very, very cheap as the backlog can be tackled via EB Games or Futureshop in the used section while spending under $20 and in some cases under $10 or $5 for many good games I have yet to experience (ie:I can get a brand new complete edition of New Vegas for $20 anywhere, digging really deep I saw a copy of Rainbow 6:Vegas at EB for $4... I wonder if you can still play multiplayer on that?)

On top of that, as an early adopter of the PS2 I ran into disc drive problems and as an early adopter of the Xbox 360 I was pretty much terrorized by the red ring fiasco... I'll let somebody else pay half a grand to pretty much beta test the next consoles for the next two years. Thanks.

All that said, I don't know, I'm not excited about ES Online anyway. I like adventuring by myself in that world. If I wanted a different experience I would go buy an MMO for my PC. I've played WOW and SWTO for about 20hrs a pop and it's not my thing.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                Its the next entry after Skyrim. Of course its good. Lol

They ran the beta a while back though, and unless you have a DOPE computer, you're not getting picked for the next round of Beta.
                How do they know whether or not you have a DOPE computer? Mine is like 2 years outdated but it plays skyrim fine on high quality

Comment

• You have to leave your PC specs in beta registration.
                  Apollo, well you can adventure by yourself, there are no restrictions and in addition to that the world is going to be at least six times bigger, so... It's also coming out for xbox one and ps4.

Btw, will GTA V be playable on PS 3?
                  Last edited by RandomGuy; Wed Sep 4, 2013, 05:53 PM.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• I've played WOW and KOTR... I don't want to see human controlled characters running around in their underwear, doing weird dances, etc. on the screen. ES the MMO just doesn't appeal to me. I like that the solo games are serious. If I want to play something with a bunch of people messing around doing ridiculous things I'll pick up a shooter like COD. Skyrim reminds me a lot of the Conan universe. I like the dark seriousness of it all but that's just me personally... One more thing, to finish off Skyrim, Oblivion or Morrowind completely it takes upwards of 200-300 hours. Does the extra real estate really add that much to it? I mean, for me, I'm sick of an ES game before I get through it all usually.

As far as I know, wasn't GTA 5 announced first for current gen? I heard they're coming out with PS3 bundles. PS3 has at least one last very good year before you start to see support start to drop. For example PS2 still had games coming out in 2012 if I'm not mistaken... albeit few. Last time around there was an excellent reason to upgrade immediately to next gen but this time? I don't see it. Especially with all the hardware troubles last gen had out of the gate. Especially when Xbone won't be backwards compatible and PS4 won't be until their streaming service launches.

I'll wait a year or two, get a better price and get a system without the hardware/firmware bugs/issues.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      , for me, I'm sick of an ES game before I get through it all usually.
                      ouch.

i love the entire series. i think they all, even arena, have great replay ability. i can never get tired of skyrim when my orc, bare knuckle brawler, pumps his adrenaline and lays a beat-down on a dragon.

i agree a little with ES games having that immediate boring effect because everyone one starts the same for almost an hour or so, before you get to really customize your adventure.

also, wow is the greatest ever. been playing wow 8 years now and any other game i play gets compared to it and is found wanting, except maybe zombies in COD.

do we have a count on who is going ps4 and who is going xbone here? i am making the switch to ps4. the free online games is going to make me switch because my wife, who is like your mom for you young kids, is probably gonna be pissed i drop 400 bucks on another machine.

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                        ouch.

i love the entire series. i think they all, even arena, have great replay ability. i can never get tired of skyrim when my orc, bare knuckle brawler, pumps his adrenaline and lays a beat-down on a dragon.

i agree a little with ES games having that immediate boring effect because everyone one starts the same for almost an hour or so, before you get to really customize your adventure.

also, wow is the greatest ever. been playing wow 8 years now and any other game i play gets compared to it and is found wanting, except maybe zombies in COD.

do we have a count on who is going ps4 and who is going xbone here? i am making the switch to ps4. the free online games is going to make me switch because my wife, who is like your mom for you young kids, is probably gonna be pissed i drop 400 bucks on another machine.
                        That wasn't meant to be a knock against ES. I'm telling you I get bored after like 200 hours. How many games does anyone play for 200 hours?

PS+ is a must if you're moving to Sony. I have dozens of good games I've yet to even play, just waiting for me which are valued far, far, far beyond the $50 I paid for a year. Games like Demon Souls, XCOM, Battlefield 3, etc. My PS3 turns on every night, looks for new game saves and uploads them to the cloud. It's impossible for me to lose saves. There are other cool PS+ features too like gaming savings on purchases and other stuff...

Comment

• I'm thinking of buying the PS3 bundle for GTA5. I'm not a console owner, but the details on a PC version of GTA5 are sketchy at best, and that's a game I need to play. Lol I might wait a bit, just to see if they're waiting on the PC version to make people go out an buy PS3's one last time ...

Comment

• As for Skyrim, I've got about 160+ hours, and I'm probably 50% through the story.
                            But for PC, the modding community has added SOOOO much content, its impossible to run out of stuff to do in Skyrim.

But its the same with Fallout. I've played through 'New Vegas' three times now, and every time is just as fun.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Apollo;231767How many games does anyone play for 200 hours?
                              [/QUOTE]

1, my oldest wow id has 8 months real time played

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                As for Skyrim, I've got about 160+ hours, and I'm probably 50% through the story.
                                But for PC, the modding community has added SOOOO much content, its impossible to run out of stuff to do in Skyrim.

But its the same with Fallout. I've played through 'New Vegas' three times now, and every time is just as fun.
                                Yeah, when Morrowind dropped on Xbox I probably logged close to 300 hours total among the different characters I rolled with (ie: Warrior, Mage, Thief/Assasin). When I bought Oblivion for the 360 I logged over 150 hours but I opted to focus on the main story first. As for Skyrim, I was 20 hours in on the 360 and now I'm about 15 hours in on PS3 and I haven't really started(ie: just got to Whiterun, defeated two dragons and purchased a house for $5k).

I played last night for a couple hours after my wife went to bed and I had planned to do a raid on a bandit camp for the Companions; I wanted to accomplish all this in one hour. The camp was in the SW, I was in Whiterun and hadn't been to that area. I promised myself I would not veer off the main road because that would sink me into at least 2 or 3 hours given that there is a dungeon practically under every rock. So I leave my house in Whiterun and immediately get attacked by three vampires. After finishing them off, healing and resting back in my house, I set off again. I fast travel to the three skill stones, can't remember the name of the monument but it shaves about a 1/4 off my trip. So then I'm half way to the camp, after fending off some random skeleton soldiers who jumped me, when a dragon pops up out of nowhere. He wouldn't land right away and kept torching me from above. Then when he finally does its out on this little island in the river. There was a fisherman out there, I emphasize, WAS... I start firing arrows at the dragon but it's like he has A.D.D. because he takes off after this other dude who's walking through the forest. I scramble up there only to have him take off again. It took me like a half hour or more to finish him off because I don't have my bow skills leveled... And this dragon didn't want to mess with me until his health bar dropped below half. Then we got it on. By the time I took him out and got back on the road I was still only around 3/4 of the way to the bandit camp and it was midnight... Time to go to bed, two hours burned and I didn't even make it to the camp I set out to raid. Elders' Scrolls summed up right there. LOL

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                                1, my oldest wow id has 8 months real time played
                                That's some serious WOW gaming right there. I got my thief to level 30 and then pulled the plug. That was a bout three or four years ago. I wonder how that would do on next gen consoles? ES Online will be a monthly sub so Blizzard will get to watch someone try to establish their model on the consoles with a quality game; I know Final Fantasy did it but they weren't all that successful...

Comment

Working...
                                X