The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
    Chris Walker is very interesting as well. Just played his first game on Tuesday.

6'9" 7'2" wingspan. Jumps out the gym.

http://youtu.be/kREeYKxYPYk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Walker is interesting for sure. He is going to play a couple of months and be done (because of suspensions). I want to see a jumpshot, but he does have the defensive tools that most people here want out of a PF.

BigCamB wrote: View Post
    Looks like they pulled it out in the end. They're lucky they have an NBA level prospect in Hollis Jefferson to come in to the starting lineup and replace the guy that went out with the season ending injury. 14 and 10 for him

Also, Aaron Gordon 2/11 from the free throw line, only 42% on the season which is interesting!
    I hope Gordon stays another year. He could definitely slip.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      totally agree
      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

Is that a bad thing or good thing for the Raptors? Him slipping is an opportunity for the Raptors to snag him at 19/20. If him staying another year helps him develop then is the preference for Toronto to draft a guy that's more NBA ready?

I guess this question leads me to wondering how the fan base would feel if the Raptors drafted a project as opposed to someone who's more NBA ready. If Casey was coach you know the project wouldn't get much playing time and might take longer to develop. A guy who's more NBA ready may not be as talented but can help the Raptors win right away. Would be curious what direction MU would take considering the season we've been having.

Comment

• But there was another guy who made a statement in this Day 1 of the Copa del Rey: Walter Samuel Tavares. While his teammates struggled mightly (5 of 27 from downtown) against Real Madrid’s aggresive defense, Tavares impressed in both ends of the floor -16 points, 12 rebounds and 4 blocks-. He brutally dunked the ball, grabbed every rebound like he was playing against children, blocked four shots and altered many more.

With 17 NBA scouts in the stands, the 21-year-old center from Cape Verde, known as ‘Edy’ or ‘Big Edy’, should be a first round in the next Draft. Period.

He’s been playing this sport for only four and a half years but he’s certainly made the most of his time. At 2.20 metres tall (7’ 3”) and with a 2.40 m. wingspan (7’ 9”) he is a monster under the glass. Good coordination, excelent at rim protection and, according to everyone who’s been in touch with him, he’s a nice, humble guy with a great work ethic.

And he has quite a story.

CB Gran Canaria found him in 2009 thanks to a German citizen who put them on his track. He said he knew a kid in Cape Verde that was taller than every player they had at that time. To prove it, he showed them a picture in which Edy was touching the top of a door frame with his elbow. That big he was: 2.13m. as a 16-year-old teenager.

Tavares, who had not played basketball in his life, traveled to Las Palmas to start an uncertain career in that sport. CB Gran Canaria gave him time and the tools to become a better player. Last season he barely played in the ACB (62 minutes, 8 games). He wasn’t ready. Now he is.

Some reports said he had been followed by Memphis and Cleveland. After what he did tonight, add another dozen of NBA franchises. Big Edy’s rise to stardom has just begun.

http://spanishhoops.com/2014/02/07/c...ay-to-the-nba/
          wowzers

This isn't Greek or French 2nd division folks!

ACB!

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            wowzers

ACB!
            I heard about him yesterday. Sadly his team lost, so less games for the scouts to see him in. Very intriguing though. A below the radar Embiid?
            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

wowzers

ACB!
              http://www.acb.com/redaccion.php?id=100229

Video in the link.

Comment

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Found this on youtube:

... looks a bit too thin. Would need to add a lot of weight or will be pushed around a lot in the NBA.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                    Found this on youtube:

... looks a bit too thin. Would need to add a lot of weight or will be pushed around a lot in the NBA.
                    Very true.

But on as a 21 year old on 4 year rookie deal with a 7'9" wingspan.... I like that potential.

Comment

• Wow. He runs really smooth for a guy well over 7 feet. Still raw in those videos, but he could be a decent backup center for someone. Doing that in the ACB that young, that early in his development says something.

Comment

Found this on youtube:

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Very true.

But on as a 21 year old on 4 year rookie deal with a 7'9" wingspan.... I like that potential.
                        DraftExpress has him listed as 7'2 and 265lbs. Hibbert was 7'2 and 272 lbs. So it's not like he's Shawn Bradley out there.

He's a mid-2nd rounder in their current mock.

Comment

Is that a bad thing or good thing for the Raptors? Him slipping is an opportunity for the Raptors to snag him at 19/20. If him staying another year helps him develop then is the preference for Toronto to draft a guy that's more NBA ready?

I guess this question leads me to wondering how the fan base would feel if the Raptors drafted a project as opposed to someone who's more NBA ready. If Casey was coach you know the project wouldn't get much playing time and might take longer to develop. A guy who's more NBA ready may not be as talented but can help the Raptors win right away. Would be curious what direction MU would take considering the season we've been having.
                          Can someone throw up a poll on this? Should the Raps draft a NBA ready player or a project?

I'm leaning towards as close to NBA ready as possible (with some upside).

Comment

Can someone throw up a poll on this? Should the Raps draft a NBA ready player or a project?

BPA - but preferrably a PG or big

Comment

• I have no real objection to drafting a guy with so much potential.. but this brings me back to a previous point I had.. would MU draft a project? Would Casey help develop a project? The Raptors have had many centers that ended up becoming stiffs.. with Alibi being the most recent.

If MU still think this team needs young raw talent then sign me up.. but then we need another coach. If MU wants to build on to this season by getting NBA ready talent then he'd be the wrong guy to go after (in my opinion).

Comment

They will have 3 picks as of now.

Why not both?

Comment

Working...
                                X