Raptors 2014 Free Agency: non-Raptors thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jamshid wrote: View Post
    By the way, how much you think/predict Lowry to get ?
    I predict 5 years 62.5 million for Lowry
    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
      What? Why? They have two Patterson types in the Morris twins and just drafted a tweener forward in TJ Warren. I fucking hate the Suns.
      Also why we had to take Bruno at 20. Damn suns.

Also, why is everyone against the years? GV sure, he's 27, i don't want to pay him past age 30. But 2pat? he's 25. His contract would have him until he's 29
      @Boymusic66

Comment

How you guys have these logics is beyond me ... Lets say, you go to a dealership to buy a Corolla and the sales guy just sold a lemon to guy before you for 10k more than the Blue book value. Does that justify you paying 10 more for the car you want as well ?
        It doesn't but it does allow the salesman to command 10k more. And if you don't want to pay he can refuse to sell it to you.

Comment

• God I hope we have ZERO interest in him
          For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
            I predict 5 years 62.5 million for Lowry

I agree with you on this ... I have him for 5 years 60+

Comment

• TSF wrote: View Post
              Also why we had to take Bruno at 20. Damn suns.

Also, why is everyone against the years? GV sure, he's 27, i don't want to pay him past age 30. But 2pat? he's 25. His contract would have him until he's 29
              It has mostly to do with guys being role players. You don't want to be locked into guys for more than 2-3 years when they play secondary roles. 3 years is good. It gives both player and team some flexibility. It has very little to do with actual age.

Comment

• Bonus Jonas wrote: View Post
                It doesn't but it does allow the salesman to command 10k more. And if you don't want to pay he can refuse to sell it to you.
                Hahaha, and he will lose a very valuable and on hand customer
                Let 2Pat wait for that 26+ million contract. He can wait as long as he wants but I don't want my team to be the sucker team that pays for it.

Comment

What was he getting before coming to Toronto ? How was his stock before coming to Toronto ? Just because someone gave Meeks a really bad contract, it does not mean suddenly everyone should get more !!!

How you guys have these logics is beyond me ... Lets say, you go to a dealership to buy a Corolla and the sales guy just sold a lemon to guy before you for 10k more than the Blue book value. Does that justify you paying 10 more for the car you want as well ?

2Pat was not a very hot commodity in NBA before his time in Toronto and even in Toronto, we really did not do anything special.

With the money that you are throwing away, our team will be Capped out by having the current core of people for next 3-4 years and this core is not good enough to win ...

Probably 11-12M per year for 5 years haha . I think it might be a bit too much lol , but we gotta keep him cause Lowry is like LOL pretty important haha

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                    you are correct 2Pat is not a hot commodity.

He is however universally known as versatile stretch 4 that plays defense and rebounds, a consumate glue guy and a fringe starter with upside still to come.

6 million per year is what you pay guys like him unless you have three superstars and are chasing rings
                    When ESPN ranked all the player sin the nba his description was something along the lines of "Stretch 4 that's proven he can shoot. Can't rebound" so I'd say it not universally known that he rebounds.

Comment

• For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Vasquez QO or Walk
                        2Pat 3@18 - last year partially guaranteed
                        Thats pretty optomistic in light of the Ben Gordon deal for 2 years at 4.5.. the incredible Jodie Meeks deal for 3 years at 6.35. Thats why the owners need the cap. They're just ___________ (you fill in the blank)
                        There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
                        - TGO

Comment

When ESPN ranked all the player sin the nba his description was something along the lines of "Stretch 4 that's proven he can shoot. Can't rebound" so I'd say it not universally known that he rebounds.
                          ESPN routinely proves they don't watch Raptors games with the ignorant bullshit they come out with

Comment

He's an inconsistent, and basically average rebounder. He can defend though, especially face up players, hedging on p'n'rs, and sometimes provides good help down low (though this is not where his value is). He isn't a great low-post defender, and his height limits him to guarding PFs and the occasional spot minutes on a big SF.

Comment

Hahaha, and he will lose a very valuable and on hand customer
                              Let 2Pat wait for that 26+ million contract. He can wait as long as he wants but I don't want my team to be the sucker team that pays for it.
                              Never said I want to pay him this, but he can definitely command more because Meeks got 6. Other players definitely play into what you are worth.

Comment

What was he getting before coming to Toronto ? How was his stock before coming to Toronto ? Just because someone gave Meeks a really bad contract, it does not mean suddenly everyone should get more !!!

2Pat was not a very hot commodity in NBA before his time in Toronto and even in Toronto, we really did not do anything special.

With the money that you are throwing away, our team will be Capped out by having the current core of people for next 3-4 years and this core is not good enough to win ...

Patterson was on a rookie scale contract. Making $3M last year. He's also a versatile big that can stretch the floor. I think $6M is high but is possibly his market value.. not too many stretch 4's available. He'll probably end up making what Channing Frye makes. He's also only 25 years old and has good character.

Ideally for me I'd try to get him for 3 years and $15M. Essentially Buddinger's contract with less years. I would pass on him if he commands anything higher than $6.5M unless if its for only 2 years.

Comment

Working...
                                X