Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
    Bargnani being dealt for back up PG???? may not be the best source however so take it with a grain of salt...

Heres hoping the Wing is Anderon, and we can net Ridnour or Barera (likely Ridnour) and Pekovic or D Williams.
    Rumur further explained here..

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...re-point-guard
    Sweet Jeebus!! If it winds up being Bargnani & Anderson for Ridnour and one of Williams/Roy/Barea, the RR Trade Forum might actually get one right! lol

Comment

• side note..

i never got the pizza thing... people are really THAT excited about getting a slice of crappy pizza?

i've got pizza after games tons of times... but never claimed my free pizza... because at the end of the day, i don't care if it's free, i dont want to eat shitty pizza

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
        it probably wouldn't of happened in NY or Boston,
        How did the Knicks fans react to Amare returning? His contract is a huge crippling blow to NYK adding anything around 'Melo ... he has hugely under performed throughout the life of his deal ... he got a standing ovation upon his return off the bench.
        The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

• Papa Burgundy wrote: View Post
          When I heard the booing, I was disgusted.

I thought the idiocy and hatred for Bargnani was limited to losers on their computers - and we all spend tons of time analyzing our team, so the longer you're on the roster the more scrutiny you bring ... Jose? Anyone miss him with all these turnovers, and aimless offensive sets?

Anyway, to know that the sentiment towards him has gone that far saddens me.

Even a remote piece of a team in any city who has battled through rehab and pushed themselves back to game shape ... and now goes out to earn that big pay cheque ... what hometown boos them? Idiots.
          To call paying fans idiots is a bit ignorant. I wasn't at the game but I would've been right there with those voicing their displeasure for a player I don't want on the team I follow. Jose did everything that was asked of him and was in difficult situations throughout majority of his time here. Andrea has hype to live up to because of where he was picked (not his fault) but the underachieving is secondary. The primary reason I would boo is to tell BC it's time to give up the pipe dream. Side note: it shouldn't have been that hard to stay in game shape. Didn't have a leg injury.
          There's math, and everything else is debatable.

@clericalbeats

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
            This same kind of thing can be said about a forum, how dare you criticize derozan, AA, etc... You are not raptor fan, lada lada. Where do we draw the line?

If you want to think half of the ACC are douchbags, you can, but it just makes for an angry existence, mistrust of people, and perhaps reading kaczyniski's manifesto. Or you can just accept it, and realize that fans are fans and they are all cool. Regardless of their thoughts on Derozan, booing, or pizza slices. It's just a game in the end, no need to guide your morality by it, or use it as an excuse to control others behavior.
            Actually, it's the opposite. Booing a basketball player, any basketball player, indicates you're taking basketball a little too seriously... angry existence, etc. Setting up a Twitter hashtag indicates you're taking basketball a little too seriously... mistrust of people, etc. Spending an inordinate amount of time trying to get a sports franchise to trade one player indicates you're taking basketball a little too seriously...

Fans are fans. But they're not all cool.

I'm not mad, bro. Just calling it as it is. Douche-y is as douche-y does. I personally don't care either way whether you boo Bargs or not.
            Definition of Statistics: The science of producing unreliable facts from reliable figures.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
              having the right to do something doesnt make it okay to do whatever the hell you want with it.

just because you spent your own money on a pair of tight bikini briefs with the low rise backs that show off your plumber crack... doesn't mean its fine to walk by every open window in your house in the middle of the day for all your neighbors to see

sure, you spent your money on them... and you're in the house that you spent your money on... and you have a right to do it..

but the neighbors kids don't have to like seeing your jungle of pubes hanging out of your drawers while you stretch in the window drinking a coffee, just because you spent your money so you have a right to do whatever you want

you're still an inconsiderate dick... and your neighbors are well within their rights of common decency to point it out, despite the fact that you bought those underwears with your own hard earned money
              This analogy doesn't quite work.

Although your neighbors are well within their rights of common decency to complain that you exposed yourself while wearing bikini briefs, you too are within your rights to complain about neighbors peering into your home and infringing on your privacy, not to mention trespassing on private property. The moral of this story here is that the complaints are not necessarily within the normal boundaries of neighborly behavior.

On the other hand expressing your feelings towards participating teams/players during a sports event that you have paid money to attend is well within the normal boundaries of behavior at such an event. It's not as if you are offending another patron with a personal attack. Any cheers or obscenities directed towards the teams themselves are fair game.

I would add that if you had your jungle of pubes hanging out and you saw a child peering through your window, a quick thrust towards that child would be inappropriate, however stretching out while drinking a coffee is well within your right.
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

• japetas wrote: View Post
                There is no point to argue with you... You just hate Bargnani and no one can change your opinion
                That's correct, because I'm right.

Look, I understand it's offensive to you that someone boos a player who may or may not deserve it. I also understand the perspective that this sucks. But they're within their right to do this. What else is there to do at a sports event, besides watch the game and express your opinion towards the teams/players?

What I'd be offended is if I had my child there and the person beside me is expressing himself with profanity and lewd gestures. To me that is offensive because I don't want my child learning those words or actions. On the hand there's still nothing I can do about this other than talk to security or give my child some earplugs.
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Sweet Jeebus!! If it winds up being Bargnani & Anderson for Ridnour and one of Williams/Roy/Barea, the RR Trade Forum might actually get one right! lol
                  just goes to show fans know a thing or 2 lol if BC reads these forums and makes moves based on what he sees. Whether it be Ridnour or Barea Id be happy with either both very talented Barera brings familiarity with the coaching staff though.

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
                    This analogy doesn't quite work.

Although your neighbors are well within their rights of common decency to complain that you exposed yourself while wearing bikini briefs, you too are within your rights to complain about neighbors peering into your home and infringing on your privacy, not to mention trespassing on private property. The moral of this story here is that the complaints are not necessarily within the normal boundaries of neighborly behavior.

On the other hand expressing your feelings towards participating teams/players during a sports event that you have paid money to attend is well within the normal boundaries of behavior at such an event. It's not as if you are offending another patron with a personal attack. Any cheers or obscenities directed towards the teams themselves are fair game.

I would add that if you had your jungle of pubes hanging out and you saw a child peering through your window, a quick thrust towards that child would be inappropriate, however stretching out while drinking a coffee is well within your right.
                    i see what you're saying... the analogy works in the context of my own home though.. ie/ massive front window easily visible to anybody walking by, but there's no way for anybody reading it to know that... i get alot of lookie-loos... so i have to be careful about the amount of amazon pube i show off.. i try to keep it to an acceptable level, and never show off more than 25% of the flora and fauna to children under 12

Comment

• I wonder if there was this much angst when the ACC was chanting "fire Wilson" last year. And low and behold, the chanting worked.

Comment

• Never boo a single player at home on your team...no matter. Boo the team if they are dogging it. Imagine what players on the visiting team think? Would they like to come play in/for TO before such fans?

Comment

• jimmie wrote: View Post
                          Actually, it's the opposite. Booing a basketball player, any basketball player, indicates you're taking basketball a little too seriously... angry existence, etc. Setting up a Twitter hashtag indicates you're taking basketball a little too seriously... mistrust of people, etc. Spending an inordinate amount of time trying to get a sports franchise to trade one player indicates you're taking basketball a little too seriously...

Fans are fans. But they're not all cool.

I'm not mad, bro. Just calling it as it is. Douche-y is as douche-y does. I personally don't care either way whether you boo Bargs or not.

Well I always get a little weary of people who tell me how we should behave and what normal is.

Like I said earlier, the best solution to this is to go buy a ticket and do as you please, and tell all your right thinking friends to do the same.

I personally like the fact I can go to other venues and cheer for my team and boo for the home team. I don't feel I need to show my drivers license or residency to be called a douche. I would hope peoples scope of what we can and cant' do is a little wider.

Comment

• Andrea + AA for ridnour, D will, and Lou admunson get er done
                            http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b82nov8
                            Last edited by NoPropsneeded; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 12:40 PM.

Comment

• Plus you really never know why people are there for the game to begin with. Could be that they're fans of the team, could be that they go there just to see a single player they've been following for years. Maybe they're dating one of the cheerleaders. Could be that they're stressed at work and chose a game to attend that they thought the Raptors had a good chance to win. Maybe they're on a date because they had intimacy issues and were afraid to take the girl out for dinner. Maybe they got stood up. Maybe they got stuck with a ticket during a Christmas gift exchange, tried their best to sell it and then decided to hell with it and attended the game. Maybe they're hockey fans who got stuck with some Raptors tickets when they bought a package of Leafs tickets.

Whatever the reason, each and every attendee has got a mind of their own with different motives for being at the game.

I think the key to take from this is whether or not it was a single fan booing Bargnani, or a whole bunch of them. I remember going to game where it was Raptors vs Orlando, we started falling behind (by a lot) and the fans started to do the F-U-V-C chant. Vince Carter was a New Jersey Net at the time. Was it stupid? Of course, but what are you gonna do? Personally, I joined in --- because it's fun.
                              your pal,
                              ebrian

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                                Never boo a single player at home on your team...no matter. Boo the team if they are dogging it. Imagine what players on the visiting team think? Would they like to come play in/for TO before such fans?
                                Maybe they're thinking:

"Holy cow.. these fans don't take no sh|t. I like this. I'm a hardworker so I'd fit right in."

- Paul Millsap

(not a true story, but could be)
                                your pal,
                                ebrian

Comment

Working...
                                X