Everything Valanciunas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
    well the 5th spot brought us a superstar last time. A certain traitor, Jonas will stay tho
    We didn't draft Vince Carter. We drafted Antawn Jamison with the 4th pick.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
      Perhaps what he meant by 'well the 5th spot brought us a superstar last time' was that even if the Raps weren't the ones who selected him, he still became a superstar coming in at 5th spot (draft).

Or he might have meant Chris Bosh, which was selected 4th though.

Comment

• omgsomuchpotential wrote: View Post
        Perhaps what he meant by 'well the 5th spot brought us a superstar last time' was that even if the Raps weren't the ones who selected him, he still became a superstar coming in at 5th spot (draft).

Or he might have meant Chris Bosh, which was selected 4th though.
        Just point out straight facts, my friend, that's all.

Comment

• Congrats to JV for adding another award to his outstanding basketball resume. Bravo!
          We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
            when did i say draft? i said the 5th pick brought us a superstar. we traded our pick to Golden state for Carter

Comment

• Val was working out hard since he was visited by the Raps when they did that documentary thing. He's been working on his body; lifting weights a lot. Point of emphasis was also body balance= strength of upper-body compared to lower-body and right side of the body compared to the left side. He would have actually gained weight if he didn't have to play so many games in the meanwhile.

This also explains the drop in his performance late in the season. He started simply working out his body really hard, making it more ready for the NBA, but it cost him energy that he needed for the games.

During the summer he will bulk up considerably as he'll continue to work his body (also eat a lot LOL), but will not need to play games; at least not until Olympics, and that will be only 2-3 weeks or so of real basketball.

Can't wait to see him play in the Olympics (or the Qualifying first). He will be replenished and ready to go!

Comment

• Extended (to 23mins) JV's highlights for your enjoyment:

Comment

• I've noticed he likes to take up a lot of space, thats a good thing

Comment

• I don't think he is as much of a project as people are saying. His footwork is great he has an assortment of post moves, baby hook up and under, turn around jump shot. He is fantastic at creating a pocket of space. He may get called in the NBA for hooking, all though he uses his elbows instead of his whole arm. He looks comfortable shooting from 10-15ft, isn't afraid of contact. I think his curve is going to be more about getting stronger and learning the tricks of the NBA game. Alabi is a project...BigV is a contributor in his first year, maybe not 20/10 but I see 10/10 and 2 blocks as doable. Also he is already above 80% from the free throw line which if you are a prolific offensive rebounder is a fantastic combination to have. Get used to hearing Hoop and Harm or AND1 quite a bit.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                      I don't think he is as much of a project as people are saying. His footwork is great he has an assortment of post moves, baby hook up and under, turn around jump shot. He is fantastic at creating a pocket of space. He may get called in the NBA for hooking, all though he uses his elbows instead of his whole arm. He looks comfortable shooting from 10-15ft, isn't afraid of contact. I think his curve is going to be more about getting stronger and learning the tricks of the NBA game. Alabi is a project...BigV is a contributor in his first year, maybe not 20/10 but I see 10/10 and 2 blocks as doable. Also he is already above 80% from the free throw line which if you are a prolific offensive rebounder is a fantastic combination to have. Get used to hearing Hoop and Harm or AND1 quite a bit.
                      When JV gets his strength, I see 20/10 in his prime. I mean look at him, he's oozing out potential and could very well be the best player in that draft.

We'll see... but I can't wait to watch the guy play for the Raptors. THE TORONTO RAPTORS.

Comment

• thead wrote: View Post
                        I don't think he is as much of a project as people are saying. His footwork is great he has an assortment of post moves, baby hook up and under, turn around jump shot. He is fantastic at creating a pocket of space. He may get called in the NBA for hooking, all though he uses his elbows instead of his whole arm. He looks comfortable shooting from 10-15ft, isn't afraid of contact. I think his curve is going to be more about getting stronger and learning the tricks of the NBA game. Alabi is a project...BigV is a contributor in his first year, maybe not 20/10 but I see 10/10 and 2 blocks as doable. Also he is already above 80% from the free throw line which if you are a prolific offensive rebounder is a fantastic combination to have. Get used to hearing Hoop and Harm or AND1 quite a bit.
                        I think the thing with JV is if his going to be able to stay on the floor long enough to put up those numbers. I can see him getting in a lot of early foul trouble against bigger 5s
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          I think the thing with JV is if his going to be able to stay on the floor long enough to put up those numbers. I can see him getting in a lot of early foul trouble against bigger 5s
                          The NBA is changing.. I don't think there are really that many bigger 5's in the league. Boston was playing KG at the 5 yesterday.. and Miami uses Bosh at the 5 when he's playing. Outside of Howard, Bynum and perhaps Bogut most 5's are versatile, lean and athletic (Chandler, Ibaka, Horford, Noah, etc). I think JV will actually do alright in that department even as a rookie.

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                            The NBA is changing.. I don't think there are really that many bigger 5's in the league. Boston was playing KG at the 5 yesterday.. and Miami uses Bosh at the 5 when he's playing. Outside of Howard, Bynum and perhaps Bogut most 5's are versatile, lean and athletic (Chandler, Ibaka, Horford, Noah, etc). I think JV will actually do alright in that department even as a rookie.
                            There are some more guys with solid girth that you leave out. Gortat, Perkins, Pekovic, Marc Gasol, Hibbert, Brook Lopez, Demarcus Cousins, and I am sure I have missed a few. While many of these guys are not back you down bigs, they are full size big bodies that could cause some early problems in adjusting to NBA defence and pace.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/0...ining-raptors/
                              TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

• Valanciunas Update

http://tracking.si.com/2012/05/30/raptors-jonas-valanciunas-nba/?sct=nba_t2_a4

hopefully the lino works coming from my phone. SI front page says Valanciunas has started working a buyout with his team and will be over here next year for sure. great news considering the drama with Rubio a couple years ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X