No announcement yet.

Raps set for Bargnani contingincy plan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bargnani is just awful on help defense, thats why the raps drafted JV, to mask his inabilities ( remember the Tyson Chandler/Dirk Nowitzki frontcourt comparisons i think JV and AB will function simmilary ). And saying that a persons inability to rotate on help defense "technically" isnt his fault is like saying that Lebron "technically" was traded to the Miami Heat, so dont be guy, tucas, everybody hates that guy...

Comment

Vykis wrote: View Post
      Bargnani is just awful on help defense, thats why the raps drafted JV, to mask his inabilities ( remember the Tyson Chandler/Dirk Nowitzki frontcourt comparisons i think JV and AB will function simmilary ). And saying that a persons inability to rotate on help defense "technically" isnt his fault is like saying that Lebron "technically" was traded to the Miami Heat, so dont be guy, tucas, everybody hates that guy...
      Lol js. My point was though people are talking about how he's such a bad defender. But it's not like he's not defending his matchup well, he's just not defending other peoples matchups well. If he can get that rotation to help defense down its scary how good he could be

Comment

tucas wrote: View Post
        Lol js. My point was though people are talking about how he's such a bad defender. But it's not like he's not defending his matchup well, he's just not defending other peoples matchups well. If he can get that rotation to help defense down its scary how good he could be
        Here's the thing. Demar and Jose aren't very good perimeter defenders, so the opposition had an easier time of penetrating into the lane, thus forcing the help side to come and defend. Whether it was Amir, Ed, and of course Bargnani, who already had under average weak side defense.

Weak side defense is a huge effort part of the game, but it's also defensive IQ. Which Bargnani improved on last season under Coach Casey. The PnR Defense, the post and on-ball defense, it was all great to watch.

Now that Lowry and Fields are in the fold, Lowry's D > Calderon's D, and arguably Fields being a better perimeter defender than JJ, the penetration in the lane of the opposition should decrease. Bargnani has more of an opportunity to worry about his own man. Not to mention what you've already spoken about the similarity in Jonas/Andrea = Chandler/Nowitzki
        Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Working...
        X