ESPN Insider Mock Draft 2.0 - Raptors select Bradley Beal at #5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sleepz wrote: View Post
    How about a unpolished young kid with potential in the 2nd round like Trey Burke? Thats who I would target in the 2nd round if he is available.
    i like the nba draft net pick for our second rounder right now. darius miller. i thought he hit a lot of nice 3s in the tournament.

Comment

Miekenstien wrote: View Post
      i like the nba draft net pick for our second rounder right now. darius miller. i thought he hit a lot of nice 3s in the tournament.
      The impression I get is that Colangelo and Casey are under the gun next season to produce positive results (playoffs at the very least), and with JV and a lottery choice this draft coming on board there may not be many minutes for the two second round choices next season. Maybe BC will go with a couple Euros that can wait a couple of seasons to come over.

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
        The impression I get is that Colangelo and Casey are under the gun next season to produce positive results (playoffs at the very least), and with JV and a lottery choice this draft coming on board there may not be many minutes for the two second round choices next season. Maybe BC will go with a couple Euros that can wait a couple of seasons to come over.
        i didn't even think about drafting a young european and letting him to develop. that is a great idea

Comment

the draft is really thin in euros this year. better off taking BPA.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

besides, i don't see BC keeping both or either second rounder.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

stretch wrote: View Post
              Maybe, but how many players will the Raps have under contract? 8, maybe 9?

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

They can add three young players.

Comment

think DeRozan with about 10-15lbs of muscle could move to the 3?
                For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

How about a unpolished young kid with potential in the 2nd round like Trey Burke? Thats who I would target in the 2nd round if he is available.
                  Burke's stayin in school at Michigan

Comment

IMO, if we can draft Barnes at 5, this is a no-brainer. Why pass on a guy that as been predicted in the top 3 by many mock drafts of this year and last? I got the feeling that this guy is going to be something special, plus we really need another SF.

Comment

charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                      IMO, if we can draft Barnes at 5, this is a no-brainer. Why pass on a guy that as been predicted in the top 3 by many mock drafts of this year and last? I got the feeling that this guy is going to be something special, plus we really need another SF.
                      So much of the draft is based on potential.

Harrison Barnes did not live up to the hype and potential that many had for him this season after he started so slow last season. He also showed considerable weakness in his game when Marshall went out.

Picking Barnes at 5 with the justification that, "Well last year he was projected to go top 3 the last 2 years" is like trading for a injured centre two years removed from all-star level play thinking he is going to return to form.... wait a second, that sounds familiar. As circumstances change, opinions change.

FWIW, if MKG and Beal are off the board, I could live with his selection.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        besides, i don't see BC keeping both or either second rounder.
                        Who knows what BC is thinking he might have a trade up his sleeves with our two 2nd round picks getting us either another 1st round pick or another player that we can use going forward.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                          So much of the draft is based on potential.

Harrison Barnes did not live up to the hype and potential that many had for him this season after he started so slow last season. He also showed considerable weakness in his game when Marshall went out.

Picking Barnes at 5 with the justification that, "Well last year he was projected to go top 3 the last 2 years" is like trading for a injured centre two years removed from all-star level play thinking he is going to return to form.... wait a second, that sounds familiar. As circumstances change, opinions change.

FWIW, if MKG and Beal are off the board, I could live with his selection.
                          Based on the way the standings are shaping up, the the probabilities inherent in the NBA Lottery system, I would be very happy if the Raptors ended up with Barnes. Getting AD or MKG would make me happier, but they'd need quite a bit of luck to have a chance for either of them, I think.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                            I don't have insider access, but I believe you can just play the lottery mock draft game over at ESPN and get the list that way (using the current standings):

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2012/mockdraft

The mock (1-10) looks like:

1) Davis - Charlotte
                            2) MKG - Washington
                            3) Robinson - NO
                            4) Drummond - Sacramento
                            5) Beal - Toronto
                            6) Barnes - Cleveland
                            7) Lillard - Portland
                            8) Sullinger - Detroit
                            9) Marshall - Utah
                            10) Zeller - NO
                            if charlotte had bismack and davis! try getting a shot off in the paint.
                            i dont like the idea of passing on terrance jones or perry jones.

Comment

He is going back to school, so Burke is not an option. He was testing the waters and pulled out.
                              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post

The Raptors have an 8.8 percent chance of winning the lottery.
                                Not to be picky, but this is from Mock 3.0. Version 2.0 had us taking Andre Drummond

Comment

Working...
                                X