No announcement yet.

The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before the possibility of Embiid and Parker sticking around became public knowledge, the 2015 draft was already looking strong. It’s highlighted by five big men with All-Star potential in Jahlil Okafor (Duke), Myles Turner (Undecided), Cliff Alexander (Kansas), Trey Lyles (Kentucky) and Karl Towns (Kentucky). If those five were eligible to make the jump straight to the NBA this year, the only way one of them would fall out of the top 10 is because of team needs. They’re big time prospects and within short order you’ll be hearing a lot more about them along with SMU bound guard Emmanuel Mudiay, Arizona’s wing Stanley Johnson and Duke forward Justise Winslow among others.

Read more at http://www.basketballinsiders.com/nb...ter-than-2014/
    Well now.

Comment

• The more I watch James Young out of Kentucky the more I like him. Such an efficient scorer. I love how he plays within the system.
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Well now.
        Stanley Johnson going to Arizona also increases the chances of Gordon staying for another year, IMO. Used to watch them all the time when they were teammates on Oakland Soldiers.
        Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
          The more I watch James Young out of Kentucky the more I like him. Such an efficient scorer. I love how he plays within the system.
          He reminds me of Terrence Ross! He either shots the 3 or goes all the way to the rim no midrange
          "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

"...the 2015 draft was already looking strong. It’s highlighted by five big men with All-Star potential in Jahlil Okafor (Duke), Myles Turner (Undecided), Cliff Alexander (Kansas), Trey Lyles (Kentucky) and Karl Towns (Kentucky)...."

Well now.
            Want to place a bet on whether or not Masai is already looking at this list of players

Comment

• I've always said this draft was than wiggins.

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...nclick_check=1

Even when his family visited Disney World, Noah Vonleh, then 14, wouldn’t compromise — he wanted his mother to find him a gym.

“There was no vacation without a gym,” said Vin Pastore, Vonleh’s AAU coach. “There was nothing without a basketball.”

Pastore said Vonleh would call him sometimes twice a day — beyond his regular practice schedule — to open the gym.

Comment

• If Gordon stays an extra year, he's going to be an amazing pick. I would love to pair him with Jonas in the front court. I think they'd complement each other very well.
                "Bruno?
                Heh, if he is in the D-league still in a few years I will be surprised.
                He's terrible."

-Superjudge, 7/23

Hope you're wrong.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                  Want to place a bet on whether or not Masai is already looking at this list of players
                  absolutely

i've long said if you can't get 2014 picks in trades 2015 picks might be just as good

reality is a bunch of players from this draft aren't going to declare, making next years even stronger
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Exum will officially declare for the draft today. Not that the Raps are really in play for him anymore..
                    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Still early...

a lot can and WILL change....

but Tyler Ennis just appeared in ESPN mock draft top 10.

Comment

• Ennis is rising...

Comment

• rocwell wrote: View Post

Ennis is rising...
                          I missed that one.

Wow.

Comment

Still early...

a lot can and WILL change....

but Tyler Ennis just appeared in ESPN mock draft top 10.
                            I just don't see who you drop for him to make top 10. Top 15 seems more probable and top 20 likely. Too many talented non-PGs in this draft and not enough PG needy teams.
                            Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Nik Stauskas top 15?? wow. Give me Doug McDermott anyday of the week and twice on sundays.
                              Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Tyler ennis is down to #13 on draftexpress' mock draft

Comment

Working...
                                X