Weems & DeRozan Will Remain BFF's No Matter What Happens After This Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weems & DeRozan Will Remain BFF's No Matter What Happens After This Season

Ahhhh ... our very own "bromance" here on our team.

Weems, whose future in Toronto isn't guaranteed unless the Raptors pick up a team option for next season, winced at the prospect of parting ways with his buddy.

"We'd still be friends," said Weems, on the prospect of parting ways with DeRozan.

"But that'd hurt."
    Source - Click here

ok, so we've picked up the option on marco who's been way worse than weems but haven't picked up weems.

whats up with that?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

That option will be picked up, no doubt about it

Comment

TheR3dMenace wrote: View Post
        That option will be picked up, no doubt about it
        you may be rihg but the question is why it hasn't already what's bryan waiting on?
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Ya kind of suprised to see the option not picked up yet
          Not too worried though

Comment

TheR3dMenace, love that avatar.
            http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Maybe they don't want to pick up the option because BC is mulling an extension? I know I would be if I were in his shoes. Might just be waiting on a few other things to fall into place.

Is offering Weems Hump money (3 years, 9-10 mil, or better yet, renew the option then put this as an extension on top) a horrible idea? I don't think so. The possibility of watching two athletic, exciting wings in Weems and DeRozan mature together over 3-4 years is very exciting.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                ok, so we've picked up the option on marco who's been way worse than weems but haven't picked up weems.

whats up with that?
                Colangelo.

Comment

It's not an option. There is no option to pick up. It is a non-guaranteed contract. There is nothing that needs to be done. Weems is already on the Raptors books.

Belinelli had a team option and since it was part of his rookie scale contract that meant that the decision on his contract had to be made prior to the end of October at the beginning of this season. Weems has a non-guaranteed contract, no options whatsoever, that requires no action from the team.
                  nbaroundtable

Comment

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...urn=nba,231810

Believe it or not, Steve Francis(notes) and Cuttino Mobley(notes) haven't played a basketball game together since 2005. That's a long time to go without seeing the NBA pre-eminent best friends on the same court. It seems like just yesterday Cuttino and Steve were palling around during the dunk contest and doing photo shoots in tank tops. Those were the days.

While I never thought we'd see a bond as deep and lasting as Steve and Cuttino's, the Toronto Raptors' Sonny Weems(notes) and DeMar DeRozan(notes) are making a run at their vacated best friends in the NBA throne.

"You don't find friends like us in the NBA — everybody's out for themselves," said Weems.

"That's a good friendship."

Said Reggie Evans(notes), the Raptors veteran, of Weems and DeRozan: "They're two little brothers. Always smiling, always arguing, always hitting each other, always together, cheering each other up. It's like the perfect relationship."

Awwww, that's nice. Good for those guys.

Even nicer, being best bros has helped the two youngsters get better, as least according to coach Jay Triano.

"Maybe [Weems' recent success] is due to the friendship with DeMar. Maybe he's the one who's helped DeMar a little bit, I'm not sure," said Triano. "It's not mandatory for them to come back [to the gym in the evening] now, but it's habit."

Nothing beats shooting hoops with your best bud, and if you're in the NBA, it's even better I'm guessing.

You have to be happy for these guys. Not just because we've been missing out on seeing two guards be besties, but because they're really helping each other out. In this crazy world, what more can you ask for?

Comment

Working...
                    X