Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis is a little short on wings I wonder if they'd be interested in AA

Comment

• Here we go. Raptors covet Gay. Trade centres around Calderon and Davis. Source
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Really would rather trade Johnson over Davis, but that wouldn't get it done. I'm kind of torn on this one. If it's essentially Calderon and Davis for Gay and Arthur (i.e. we don't give up picks or other assets other than filler material), then it's hard to argue against, though.

Comment

• It is worth the listen to the interview with Stein in the link. Essentially he acknowledges yeah, nothing much going to happen until after the season and Memphis just taking calls doing due diligence. There is no way Calderon and ED gets it done.

The Memphis Grizzlies continue to field calls from teams interested in Rudy Gay and are engaged in active trade discussions with the Toronto Raptors, sources with knowledge of the talks told ESPN.com.

Although the framework of a workable trade has not yet been established, sources told ESPN.com that Toronto -- known to be perhaps Gay's most determined suitor -- has continued to make a hard push for the swingman.
          But sources say that the Raptors, undaunted by that stance, continue to pursue Gay and also covet Grizzlies forward Darrell Arthur. Toronto, sources said, has made veteran point guard Jose Calderon and blossoming young forward Ed Davis available as the two cornerstones of its offer.

Other teams remain engaged with the Grizzlies as well, as Memphis officials continue to weigh whether it is best to trade Gay or keep together the core of a team that has ranked among the top four in the Western Conference.

If talks with the Raptors do progress, according to sources, it's possible that a trade with Memphis could expand to include other teams and players. NBA front-office sources have maintained for weeks that Calderon (who has an expiring contract), fellow Raptors point guard Kyle Lowry (only $1 million in guaranteed salary next season) and former No. 1 overall pick Andrea Bargnani all are available.
          The last paragraph is key. Any deal bringing Gay to Toronto is going to include numerous teams and more than Calderon and ED for Memphis.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
            The last paragraph is key. Any deal bringing Gay to Toronto is going to include numerous teams and more than Calderon and ED for Memphis.
            Are you then saying that if the only thing that it requires is Calderon and Davis, then it's a good deal for the Raps?
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• I really wonder how these convo's go.

Toronto: Ed and Caldy and fillers for Gay and fillers

Memphis: for the hundredth time, no

Comment

• I said this before i'd trade ANYONE on this team for Gay EXCEPT T-Ross and JV.
                Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                  Are you then saying that if the only thing that it requires is Calderon and Davis, then it's a good deal for the Raps?
                  Yes.

Assumptions:

1) Lowry comes back like a mother fucker in the starting job,
                  2) Gay thrives out of Memphis,
                  3) cap space is pretty much useless to Toronto.

Talent is the issue and Gay is talented.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                    I really wonder how these convo's go.

LOL

Memphis: Bryan, you need to stop. No, Bryan. Bryan, you are not listening. Bryan.... Bryan.... Bryan.... Bryan.... No, Bryan.

Comment

• agree with Matt that lowry will thrive once Jose is moved. let's get that done. let's get bargs out and get growing as a franchise.

we can't move forward when irrelevant pieces are playing such a major role.

on a side. we used to have a favorite at each position thread and bout is one of my two favourite centers to watch. happy he is back and hope he can stay healthy.

also wish we won the coin toss. Harrison is the better prospect.

Comment

• Toronto is in the Friendzone when it comes to deals.

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                          I really wonder how these convo's go.

I don't think that's really the case.

Realistically, the Grizzlies seem determined to trade Gay, for whatever reason. The fact that they are claiming they "likely won't do anything" is a method of trying to drive up the price.

If they're really decided on getting rid of Gay (as I think they are), then they'd at least consider an offer for a promising young big and an expiring $11M, I'd say.

Comment

• My work here is done:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2nddwe

Milwaukee: DeRozan
                            Utah: Calderon
                            Memphis: Dunleavy, Harris, Davis, Williams, Lamb, 1st from Utah, 2nd from Toronto
                            Toronto: Gay, Arthur

Hollinger's analysis just gave the Grizz 5 more wins.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              My work here is done:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a2nddwe

Milwaukee: DeRozan
                              Utah: Calderon
                              Memphis: Dunleavy, Harris, Davis, Williams, Lamb, 1st from Memphis, 2nd from Toronto
                              Toronto: Gay, Arthur

Hollinger's analysis just gave the Grizz 5 more wins.
                              Hang on, you've got Memphis acquiring its own draft pick?

Anyways, as massive and unlikely as that seems, I'd be good with that. We're taking on $19.5M over 3 years, but getting rid of $10M / year for the next 4 years, and with Ross seeming more and more capable of taking over Demar's spot, I could go for that.
                              Last edited by KHD; Mon Jan 28, 2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
                                Hang on, you've got Memphis acquiring it's own draft pick?
                                Caught that mistake. Utah sending a pick.

Comment

Working...
                                X