The price of Iggy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Most of the trades I proposed/considered as 'fair' for Gay or Iguodala, included DeRozan & Davis & Calderon & additional 1st round pick... which is essentially the same as this rumor, aside from the request for the younger/cheaper SG (Ross), instead of DeRozan. I don't think it's really that far off.
    Which is a much more reasonable offer (Although I am unclear on where the extra pick comes from after the Lowry deal). You have a more realistic valuation of our current players. That other thread includes guys saying they wouldn't trade DeRo straight up for Chander, Gallow or Deng.

Comment

NoBan wrote: View Post
      Which is a much more reasonable offer (Although I am unclear on where the extra pick comes from after the Lowry deal). You have a more realistic valuation of our current players. That other thread includes guys saying they wouldn't trade DeRo straight up for Chander, Gallow or Deng.
      I think an additional 1st round pick would be quite easy to come by, especially since several are typically 'sold' every year. The Raps have 2 2013 2nd round picks, 1 2014 2nd round pick and up to $3M cash, which I'm sure they could've used to acquire an additional 1st round pick.

I personally wouldn't trade DeRozan for Chandler, Deng or Granger, since I'm not nearly as high on them as I am on Iguodala and Gay (I don't think Gallo's available). I just think that Gay & Iggy bring everything that this team needs out of the starting SF. I also think that Gay is significantly better all around than most Raptors fans believe, because we don't get to see him play much and also because I think he defers to Randolph & Gasol. He knows his role and plays it well. He's young, athletic, contributes and both ends of the court and I think if given the chance to be a top option, he could blossom into an even better player.

To me, giving up Calderon, Davis, DeRozan/Ross and some combination of 2nd round picks and/or cash (to get that extra 1st round pick), would have been a solid and fair trade.

Comment

WJF wrote: View Post
        Except had we traded a first round pick we would not of had it to get Lowry, so we bring in Iggy and have a team with no PG and ZERO depth, ya that would be a fun team to watch.
        The price for Lowry was not high enough to say the Raptors not having one pick that was part of the actual deal would have precluded them from making any acceptable offer to Houston.

In the end, we don't know if the Spin Doctor would have traded for Lowry had he acquired AI.

By the way, it's not so clear from the quote when the possibility of acquiring AI was on the table. After the draft certainly if Ross was part of the asking price, but whether it was before or after July 11, it's not mentioned.

Comment

Hugmenot wrote: View Post
          The price for Lowry was not high enough to say the Raptors not having one pick that was part of the actual deal would have precluded them from making any acceptable offer to Houston.

In the end, we don't know if the Spin Doctor would have traded for Lowry had he acquired AI.

By the way, it's not so clear from the quote when the possibility of acquiring AI was on the table. After the draft certainly if Ross was part of the asking price, but whether it was before or after July 11, it's not mentioned.
          i don't think the Lowry deal happens without the pick... I could be wrong. Morey was selling the pick as a guaranteed lottery pick.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
            I think an additional 1st round pick would be quite easy to come by, especially since several are typically 'sold' every year. The Raps have 2 2013 2nd round picks, 1 2014 2nd round pick and up to $3M cash, which I'm sure they could've used to acquire an additional 1st round pick.

I personally wouldn't trade DeRozan for Chandler, Deng or Granger, since I'm not nearly as high on them as I am on Iguodala and Gay (I don't think Gallo's available). I just think that Gay & Iggy bring everything that this team needs out of the starting SF. I also think that Gay is significantly better all around than most Raptors fans believe, because we don't get to see him play much and also because I think he defers to Randolph & Gasol. He knows his role and plays it well. He's young, athletic, contributes and both ends of the court and I think if given the chance to be a top option, he could blossom into an even better player.

To me, giving up Calderon, Davis, DeRozan/Ross and some combination of 2nd round picks and/or cash (to get that extra 1st round pick), would have been a solid and fair trade.

Iggy and Deng have had very similar careers. Using their career stats, I find that Deng is actually a better player.

Here is a break down:

Career Totals:

Name Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
            Iggy NBA 615 615 37.7 5.4 11.6 .461 0.9 2.8 .331 3.7 5.0 .737 1.1 4.8 5.8 4.9 1.7 0.5 2.4 2.1 15.3
            Deng NBA 539 493 35.5 6.2 13.4 .465 0.5 1.6 .337 3.0 3.9 .765 1.7 4.7 6.4 2.3 1.0 0.6 1.8 1.8 16.0

Playoff Totals:

Name Lg G GS MP FG FGA FG% 3P 3PA 3P% FT FTA FT% ORB DRB TRB AST STL BLK TOV PF PTS
            Iggy NBA 35 30 39.5 4.8 11.8 .404 1.1 3.3 .333 3.1 4.9 .643 1.3 4.4 5.7 4.8 1.8 0.4 2.5 2.3 13.8
            Deng NBA 43 27 39.7 6.6 14.3 .462 0.7 2.5 .296 3.1 4.0 .769 1.9 5.0 6.9 2.0 1.2 0.8 1.6 2.3 17.0

Both were on the all-rookie team and on one all-star team. Both had one season where they are on the all-defensive second team. Salary-wise Deng is owed $27.5M in two seasons, Iggy about $31M in 1+1 seasons (second season is a player option). Deng is 27 years old and Iggy is 28 years old. Iggy however does have better WP numbers though.

I actually think Deng is a better value. Plus he has better playoff numbers. His assist count is low but that's okay if you have a distributor like Lowry on the team, IMO.

Perhaps Chicago would be interested in a similar trade for Deng as Philly was about to do for Iggy. If that was the case, I'd be interested in making that deal happen.

Comment

Deng was an all star last season. And all NBA defensive 2nd team. He's a proven winner, an unselfish player, a legit permimeter defender, a capable scoring option, he has playoff experience, and is a veterna leader. In my opinion, he is the best player that's been listed as a potential trade target and he is just what our team needs. But, again, we don't have the trade chips to make it worthwhile for Chicago and I certainly don't want to take on Boozer's deal in return. It's shocking to me that anybody here would say no to a Demar-Jose/Deng deal.

Comment

planetmars wrote: View Post
                Iggy and Deng have had very similar careers. Using their career stats, I find that Deng is actually a better player.

Perhaps Chicago would be interested in a similar trade for Deng as Philly was about to do for Iggy. If that was the case, I'd be interested in making that deal happen.
                It's just a personal preference. I think Deng is more of an injury risk and also think that Iggy's stats declined because of the role he was asked to play. A case could certainly be made for Deng (as has been discussed on a few other threads this offseason). It's just my personal opinion, that Gay is the only player I would be willing to make that trade for. Iggy would be 50/50, and then only if he at least exercised his option, since the package is way too much to giveup for one year rental.

Comment

I'm glad we didn't acquired Igoudala. He's not at all worth that price. What was also interesting(interview) is that Jose could probably still be traded before the season begins.
                  Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

my two cents...

If Andre Igoudala had four years left on his deal I would take that trade.

BUT

Andre Igoudala's contract expires this season with an option for next season.

He would likely opt out and sign a long term deal with a contender ala Gerald Wallace

We would likely not be the place his decided to sign. At the end of this season we would be out

Ross/Lowry/Jose/Davis/Igoudala and have nothing to show for it. LIKELY.

IF he opted in for the MONEY. We would likely be in the same boat again.

IN SHORT

this deal, without assurances of an extension, was selling the future for one season.
                    For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

the updated price is derozan ,ed davis, jose calderon an this year 1st pick (therefor dont affect the lowry trade)
                      If and only if he got to speak with iguodala and get a longterme deal i would do it in a heart beat
                      but then again with no commitment from AI i am happy colangelo didn't ...

PS:ross might have a better career inth end only time will tell
                      (i hope we wont give a max deal to derozan next year)

Comment

DG88 wrote: View Post
                        I laugh at them all the time. Some people don't understand how much you have to give up to get a high value player. They're not cheap and you can't just give you're scraps away thinking that it will net you a star.
                        What did Denver have to give up for Iggy? Arron Afflalo
                        Lakers gave up Marc Gasol and 'biggest bust of all time" for Pau Gasol

not all the time do you need to give up star quality players. It depends on situation, finance, and fit.

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
                          the updated price is derozan ,ed davis, jose calderon an this year 1st pick (therefor dont affect the lowry trade)
                          If and only if he got to speak with iguodala and get a longterme deal i would do it in a heart beat
                          but then again with no commitment from AI i am happy colangelo didn't ...

PS:ross might have a better career inth end only time will tell
                          (i hope we wont give a max deal to derozan next year)
                          Where is derozan coming into this? It was this year pick, future, Jose, and believed to be ED.

Comment

Essentially getting AI would have meant no PG (no KL or JC), No Ross, no fields (no cap space), no ED, limited flexibility, no 2014 pick, and possibly nothing after next year to show for any of it.

Comment

Price was high because he's going to be in the same division...

However thinking about the situation at hand and Jose... There might be a chance that this year we can win a NBA championship if all the pieces fall together at the right time after the allstar game... It's anyone trophy when you enter the playoffs and match up seeds becomes problems...

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                                At this rate, it may cost MLSE the Leafs and TFC in order to nab Gay from Memphis.

I'd still make the trade...
                                I wouldn't object to that trade...But at the price Philly wanted, I'm glad we stuck with what we have.

Comment

Working...
                                X