The price of Iggy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Father rev wrote: View Post
    Price was high because he's going to be in the same division...

However thinking about the situation at hand and Jose... There might be a chance that this year we can win a NBA championship if all the pieces fall together at the right time after the allstar game... It's anyone trophy when you enter the playoffs and match up seeds becomes problems...
    WHOA DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! DUDE!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

Let's stay right where we are with hopes of 8th seed
    TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Father rev wrote: View Post
      Price was high because he's going to be in the same division...

However thinking about the situation at hand and Jose... There might be a chance that this year we can win a NBA championship if all the pieces fall together at the right time after the allstar game... It's anyone trophy when you enter the playoffs and match up seeds becomes problems...

You are either the troll of the year or the new starting floor general for the Raptors All-Homer Team.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        Where is derozan coming into this? It was this year pick, future, Jose, and believed to be ED.
        go reverify derazan was in the deal it was the pick ed jose and derozan a per last report on hoops hype

Comment

No way I would have done this deal as well. I think it really was a steep offer, as it should be, seeing the Raptors are divisional rivals.

I am still hoping for an early Memphis collapse, and trade low for Rudy Gay.
          “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

ab7 wrote: View Post
            go reverify derazan was in the deal it was the pick ed jose and derozan a per last report on hoops hype
            I am going off this interview. nowhere is demar mentioned. see original post and listen to interview.

Comment

theycallmeZZ wrote: View Post
              WHOA DUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE! DUDE!

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here...

Let's stay right where we are with hopes of 8th seed
              NoBan wrote: View Post
              You are either the troll of the year or the new starting floor general for the Raptors All-Homer Team.
              haha

"Let's stay right where we are with hopes of 8th seed"
              and see how our first round match up goes with the heat before we get into round 2

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Essentially getting AI would have meant no PG (no KL or JC), No Ross, no fields (no cap space), no ED, limited flexibility, no 2014 pick, and possibly nothing after next year to show for any of it.
                Doesn't that depend on when the trade would have been consummated? If Philly was specifically targeting Ross, then it would seem to have been at least after the draft. Even after the Lowry deal, a similar deal could still have been struck with Philly, if Toronto was able to turn other assets (ie: future 2nd round picks and cash) into a future 1st round pick. Given that the combined salary of Calderon & Davis & Ross (~$15.33M) is more than Iggy (~$14.72M), it also wouldn't have had any negative impact on the salary cap (ie: signing of Fields). Had Philly not traded Iggy to Denver, the only thing standing in the way of that deal being made today, is Toronto's ability to secure a future 1st round pick via trade.

Regardless, I agree that the price was too high to pay, if BC had the feeling that Iggy would wind up being a rental player. That likely would have ended BC's tenure as Raptors GM, no matter how good a season they had this year with Iggy on the roster.

However, I would still do that deal in a heartbeat for Rudy Gay ($16.5M), with either Ross or DeRozan involved (remaining player would become a fantastic 6th man scorer off the bench for Toronto). I just don't see Memphis being as high on Davis as Philly was, since Memphis already has Randolph and Arthur at PF. Plus, Toronto would still need to acquire that future 1st round pick - they have 2 2nd round picks in 2013, 1 2nd round pick in 2014 and cash to work with, so it likely wouldn't be too difficult.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Doesn't that depend on when the trade would have been consummated? If Philly was specifically targeting Ross, then it would seem to have been at least after the draft. Even after the Lowry deal, a similar deal could still have been struck with Philly, if Toronto was able to turn other assets (ie: future 2nd round picks and cash) into a future 1st round pick. Given that the combined salary of Calderon & Davis & Ross (~$15.33M) is more than Iggy (~$14.72M), it also wouldn't have had any negative impact on the salary cap (ie: signing of Fields). Had Philly not traded Iggy to Denver, the only thing standing in the way of that deal being made today, is Toronto's ability to secure a future 1st round pick via trade.

Regardless, I agree that the price was too high to pay, if BC had the feeling that Iggy would wind up being a rental player. That likely would have ended BC's tenure as Raptors GM, no matter how good a season they had this year with Iggy on the roster.

However, I would still do that deal in a heartbeat for Rudy Gay ($16.5M), with either Ross or DeRozan involved (remaining player would become a fantastic 6th man scorer off the bench for Toronto). I just don't see Memphis being as high on Davis as Philly was, since Memphis already has Randolph and Arthur at PF. Plus, Toronto would still need to acquire that future 1st round pick - they have 2 2nd round picks in 2013, 1 2nd round pick in 2014 and cash to work with, so it likely wouldn't be too difficult.
                  If the trade was consummated before, no Ross because Raps would pick who the 76ers wanted. If the trade was consummated after, no Ross because he'd be in the trade package.

Fields could have been brought in but there still would have been a hole at PG.

Houston didn't just want a 1st round draft pick for Lowry, it appears they wanted to acquire a lottery pick. Many seem to think that is what the Raps 2013 pick is. I hope they are proven incorrect in the next few months.

Raps 2nd second round pick is in 2014 from Sacto.

I'd love the Raps to get Gay but I honestly don't see how it could happen given the packages Cleveland and Houston could offer. Then there is the new ownership in Memphis that appears to be solid. Local ownership group is being brought on board with Pera.... hell they even have Justin Timberlake. No luxury tax might have been Heisley's mantra, can't say the same about the new group. Time will tell and I"d love to be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                  X