Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game #4: Toronto Raptors 87 - Brooklyn Nets 79 (Series Tied 2-2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some nets fans saying this series is over already and we won, etc. etc.

Craig good for you calling that guy out on the reffing. That guy is a piece of shit, he cheers for the browns, that should tell you the caliber of person he is
    A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• I have to go kill some Nets fans.

They said Amir is a flopper.

I love Amir.
      OG is our king

Comment

• ahahahahahahah

"The nets have the playoff experience so we won’t get rattled and miss free throws and we also closers so we will beat this young team with late game execution. Don’t worry our franchise player will outplay their injured PG"
        "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• Patterson and Johnson NEED to continue to close games out for us. The defense is just so much better when they are on the floor together.
          I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
            Just watched the Casey post-game. He pretty much admitted his shit-sandwich Hayes/Novak line-up was to buy some time for the starters that were injured an in foul trouble.

In retrospect, it was a necessary gamble (consider the amount of fouls Amir and Lowry had).
            Of course it was. I guess I would have preferred having Handsbro and Fields (if available). But, I give credit to Hayes for stepping up valiantly. And to Novak for not screwing us over too much on the defensive end.
            I know this may be a bit controversial but I think the Raptors have proven that they're the best team in the NBA from Canada
            -random Facebook user. 2016

Comment

• GLF wrote: View Post
              Brooklyn has a horrible fanbase though. I've been meaning to say this. Their playoff crowd is just like their regular season crowd.
              Thats less them and more us being that much better. Not to mention, I'd guess a good majority of them are really displaced Knicks fans looking for shelter.

I don't care how many Raptor fans made the trip down, you should NOT be able to outcheer you on your own court.

TRex wrote: View Post
              Warriors reg season crowd IMO is 10x louder than this Nets crowd LOL.
              I would pay absolutely big money to see a Raptors/Warriors NBA finals. I really want to see who comes out on top between the crowds.
              "My biggest concern as a coach is to not confuse winning with progress." - Steve Kerr
              "If it's unacceptable in defeat, it's unacceptable in victory." - Jeff Van Gundy

Comment

• Also since we need to play GV because Terrence is shitting the bed we have to have good help defenders on the floor.
                I relish negativity and disappointment. It is not healthy. Somebody buy me a pony.

Comment

• bryan colangelo wrote: View Post
                  Just watched the Casey post-game. He pretty much admitted his shit-sandwich Hayes/Novak line-up was to buy some time for the starters that were injured an in foul trouble.

In retrospect, it was a necessary gamble (consider the amount of fouls Amir and Lowry had).
                  I call bullshit on this. He already knows he won't be playing JV the last three-five minutes of the game. JV should have been out there.
                  "Stop eating your sushi."
                  "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                  "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                  - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• YoungGunRaptor wrote: View Post
                    Now that I've cooled down a bit, I have to state some cold hard facts.

1) Hero Ball is not what made this team the 3rd seed, it was selfless basketball. Derozan looked like he lost trust in his teammates early in the 3rd, though in the 4th he did start swinging the ball again.

2) When Brooklyn lays down the pressure on defense, we need to get the ball moving. They cannot recover from quick passes. Keep swinging the ball to the open man, and get to the rim whenever possible.

3) We shut down JJ in the first half, but in the 2nd, the double teams were coming much slower, and JJ got some easier baskets. Keep up the fast paced double teams, and maintain a high level of defensive intensity.

4) Crash the boards. Especially when JV is on court, there should be no reason for the Raptors to be giving the nets 2nd chance opportunities.

5) Set the tone early, again. And maintain it. InsteAd of playing to dig out of a hole, the Raptors should be playing to keep BK in theirs.

6) Feed JV. We won the 4th quarter because of defence, a GV 3 ball, and because of a rare period of favourable calls from the refs.
                    However, JV scored some big baskets in the 4th against KG a couple of times.
                    Great points I feel like Demar got too cocky there I admit he played like superstar first half but 2nd when he got double he refused to look up to spot JV rather just trying to put his head down dribbling outta trouble. He needs to stick to his PnR game cos he can free up so much space once he carves into the lane after that pick, and gets into two option, kick it out fast to PP for a wet J or Ross (tho he's kinda dead in the game) or someone else, OR drive aggressive str8 to the hole, cos I don't like him driving the left off the pick then gets spacing and pull up J right away, he was on fire first half off those pull ups but rather he sticks to attack than pull ups.

Salmon actually did a good job on JJ cos when JJ bodied him up in the post he was holding his own for alittle bit to get help defender coming to double in a hurry, otherwise other guys would just let JJ gets too deep.

Absolutely! KG's not the same anymore, he gets outrebounded by our young guy here, but I think they shouldn't get him far out in the post, play him on the PnR cos KG isn't quick anymore so JV can establish a quick catch and roll from a Vasquez's feed and roll hard to the bucket.

Comment

• The defense in the last 5 min was unreal, Brookyn could not do anything at all!

Comment

• Superjudge wrote: View Post
                        TNT just called Amir, Amir williams.

awesome
                        In their defence, we did have a lot of willliams' the last time they covered the raptors for a news story

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                          I call bullshit on this. He already knows he won't be playing JV the last three-five minutes of the game. JV should have been out there.
                          He already admitted pre game he doesn't want to be playing JV (or Ross) much becuase "they make mistakes" but he kind of has to as the "future is important".

k

Comment

• By the way, Jonas better fix his screens. Refs will start calling fouls next game, I can bet.

Comment

• Weeeeeeeeeee

theeeeeeeeeee

nooooooooooooorth!

Comment

• All the Hockey guys are on board for the raps, thats great for toronto!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X