Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UPDATED: CB4 Cracks Top 5 in NBA.com's "Race to the MVP" (#5)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPDATED: CB4 Cracks Top 5 in NBA.com's "Race to the MVP" (#5)!!

CB finally cracks the Top 10 list of players in the "race to the MVP" and deservedly so. He has been a consistent performer this season and is averaging career highs in many categories. Glad to see the folks over at NBA.com are showing him some love.

If there is one thing The Race distastes, it is the feral notion that somebody has been unfairly excluded from this lofty list of players about which we pontificate on a weekly basis.
    And so guilt has been a constant companion for The Race this season because, if you'll pardon the mixed metaphor, Toronto's Chris Bosh has been an itch that has been unable to be scratched.
    Bosh, the most-discussed free agent in the upcoming class because he is the one most likely to leave his current team, clearly has been one of the best players in the NBA this season.

He is averaging 24 points and 11 rebounds. He has been as consistent a producer as LeBron or Kobe or Carmelo or Dwight. He clearly is an upper-echelon player worthy of recognition -- not to mention a sizable contract next season.
    1. LeBron James
    2. Kevin Durant
    3. Kobe Bryant
    4. Steve Nash
    5. Brandon Roy
    6. Dirk Nowitzki
    7. Tim Duncan
    8. Dwight Howard
    9. Dwayne Wade
    10. Chris Bosh

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/feature...s=iref:nbahpt1

If Bargnani keeps up with his current torrent pace I hope we see him in the Top 10 come the end of March, early April. ..... I kid.

Anyhow, with our recent turnaround (outside of the last 2 games), Bosh most certainly deserves to be back in the Top 10. He's carried this team on his shoulders all season long.

Comment

Its amazing what can happen when a team starts winning some games! Although I feel that Bosh isn't playing any better, the team is.

Comment

Brandon Roy is #5 wow.
        limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

Prophet2k wrote: View Post
          Brandon Roy is #5 wow.
          Yeah I was scratching my head at that one. The list is fairly accurate imo. Though I'd put Durant at 4th behind Kobe and Nash, and I'd drop Roy to 8th behind Nowitzki, Duncan and Howard.

Comment

Durant ahead of Kobe is surprising too, but I guess they finally figured out Kobe has some pretty good help in LA.

Comment

CB4 is now # 8 in NBA.com's "Race to the MVP" rankings.

8. Chris Bosh, Raptors

G MPG PPG RPG APG SPG BPG FG% 3P% FT%
              43 35.6 24.2 11.2 2.1 0.6 1.0 .525 .429 .791

Last Week's Rank - 10
              Bosh held up his end of the deal and helped the Raptors defeat the Knicks last week, which was a prerequisite to remaining in The Race. He even solidified his spot by helping beat the Mavericks. Since then, Toronto has lost two in a row, back to their inconsistent selves, though Bosh scored 44 in a loss to Milwaukee.
              1. LeBron
              2. Kobe
              3. Durant
              4. 'Melo
              5. Nowitzki
              6. Duncan
              7. Nash
              8. Bosh
              9. Wallace
              10. Wade

If the Raps continue to win games an argument could be made for him being in the top 5.

Comment

CB4 is getting the love baby! He gets the All Star nod, which was expected and makes the Top 5 in the "Race to the MVP"!! In general with the Raps winning games now, the team is getting more positive coverage south of the 49th parallel. Very nice! I said it last update, if the Dinos keep winning CB will crack the Top 5.

#5. Chris Bosh

Last Week's Rank - 8
                If 34 double-doubles weren't already enough, Bosh made it clear he deserved an Eastern Conference All-Star roster spot -- probably a starting spot, if only Canada voted like China -- with 27 and 15 Thursday against New York and alleged coaches' snubbee David Lee.
                1. LBJ
                2. Kobe
                3. Durant
                4. Duncan
                5. Bosh
                6. Howard
                7. Nowitzki
                8. Rose
                9. Nash
                10. Wade

How high can he go?!
                Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Fri Jan 29, 2010, 02:51 PM.

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
                  CB4 is getting the love baby! He gets the All Star nod, which was expected and makes the Top 5 in the "Race to the MVP"!! In general with the Raps winning games now, the team is getting more positive coverage south of the 49th parallel. Very nice! I said it last update, if the Dinos keep winning CB will crack the Top 5.

1. LBJ
                  2. Kobe
                  3. Durant
                  4. Duncan
                  5. Bosh
                  6. Howard
                  7. Nowitzki
                  8. Rose
                  9. Nash
                  10. Wade

How high can he go?!
                  I think that after the 10 or 11 winning streak we're going to put in the next few games, he could go as high as third.

Comment

I'd rather the Raptors were top 4 in the East than have Bosh even get on this list.

Dunk contests, MVP races, all-star selections are all just distractions so you don't notice how your team is doing.
                    The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Raúl wrote: View Post
                      I think that after the 10 or 11 winning streak we're going to put in the next few games, he could go as high as third.
                      He could challenge Durant for 3rd but no higher than that. The Cavs and Lakers are just too good.

Comment

Working...
                      X