X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Je me souviens!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Putting up nice stats on a crappy team doesn't define a "legit" starter in my eyes. Would Davis be good enough to start on a contending team? The answer is a resounding "Hell No!"
      ah right, his numbers all have to do with the fact toronto runs it offense through its fowards-centers (lol), and has nothing to do with the fact davis also having to deal with going up against all the other 'legit' big men in the league to get his numbers. right.

Comment

I think Davis was a very underrated part of the team. He was and is still improving. Loved his instincts around the basket, think he was more talented than Amir in that regard.

Also, when I think what Amir is now, and what he was, Davis can easily eclipse him with his talent, which is far greater at the same stage. So of course I miss him, but I would not reverse the trade.

Not sure how easily he can put on muscle, some have said its a struggle for his body type, not sure if that is fact or fiction, but if he could have Amir's size with his talent, look out.
        Last edited by BasketballCrush; Tue Feb 12, 2013, 03:16 PM.

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
          ah right, his numbers all have to do with the fact toronto runs it offense through its fowards-centers (lol), and has nothing to do with the fact davis also having to deal with going up against all the other 'legit' big men in the league to get his numbers. right.
          Ok, you're right. Davis is awesome. Even though he's barely seeing the floor in Memphis, he'll be the reason they win back-to-back titles in 3 years. Happy?

This reminds me of the Bayless love people were throwing around all summer.

Comment

mtth wrote: View Post
            Je me souviens!

Damn Ed Davis looks beast in a Grizzlies jersey!
            A wise man once said: F*ck Brooklyn!

Comment

sup

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                ed davis is a legit starter. is he an all star? no. you dont have to be an all star to be a starter. the kid puts up easy double doubles with amazing effeciency.
                Legit starter!? double doubles with amazing effeciency!? what the hell are you talking about? lol

Davis was a decent player. Has a good upside although I doubt he'll be an all-star. Was on his way to being a big time fan favorite - I guess thats where all the hype came from because he definitely was overhyped as a player. This coming from an Ed Davis fan

Comment

Amir will never be an allstar, but he is one hell of a player. Not the same sort of players, but reminds me of Donyell Marshall, never considered an allstar, but always very productive when given minutes.

Davis can easily be that guy, he has the talent.

Comment

So does anyone think Ed will likely be a Raptor again?

Comment

Thread is full of blasphemy. Ed was a saint!
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I loved Ed )':
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

I have a short memory, he was good for us when he was here, but he's a Grizzly now. All luck to him, but I hope the team is unsuccessful.
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Yes I miss Eddy. He was my favorite Raptor at the time of the trade and I'm a fan of his efficiency around the basket despite only using one hand. I still think he can improve and be a legitimate starter.
                            “I don’t create controversies. They’re there long before I open my mouth. I just bring them to your attention.”

-- Charles Barkley

Comment

torch19 wrote: View Post
                              Yes I miss Eddy. He was my favorite Raptor at the time of the trade and I'm a fan of his efficiency around the basket despite only using one hand. I still think he can improve and be a legitimate starter.
                              He will be a legitimate starter, but Rudy Gay is a potential superstar. I'll take the odds.
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

The improved Ed Davis helped acquire Gay which in turn has helped Raps. go 4-2 since the trade. If this continues, we should be grateful to Ed. IMO he was developing into a legitimate starting PF and given the opportunity will be one.
                                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X