Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Draft Day Everyone! Big changes coming? What do you want to see happen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Holy crap this is so what I was afraid of. They need a PG. He's got huge potential. Low pressure individually, but a good chance to earn a role on a good team and start developing his game. Fuck Miami. FUCK MIAMI. I hope a hurricane destroys their arena.
    Just shovel the mud out of my house and yard. Pretty sure you could flood an arena with it....

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
      Just shovel the mud out of my house and yard. Pretty sure you could flood an arena with it....
      Oh, my sympathies....sorry about that. Did you have to move out? Hope things get better quick for all of you.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
        As a sidenote, last night did one important thing: it established the price for a 2014 draft pick with lottery potential.

The math for that pick is [worth of Jrue Holiday, an All-Star point guard] minus [worth of Nerlens Noel, an untested first-round pick who slid because of injury concerns].

In short: 2014 picks are going to be extremely expensive, and moreso if they have lottery potential. Rudy, JV and DeMar are probably the only guys who would net us a 2014 first-rounder, and we'd probably have to take crap along with the pick for DeMar.
        I do not think Rudy or DeMar return anything with potential to be a 2014 lottery pick. They might return a late 2014 pick but that would likely only come at the trade deadline when the standings would be fairly known.

Holiday is an actual all-star.... not a potential or borderline or underachieving "star".

Comment

Brooklyn won 49 games last year. They added two players who, while clearly not anywhere near their prime, can still be effective in reduced minutes and are miles better than the players they are replacing. They still have Williams and Lopez who are both very good players. Yeah, Brooklyn is a pretender but they were way, way better than Toronto last year and they will be better than last year. The Knicks won 54 games. I agree that the Knicks may have peaked but they were 20 games better than Toronto and have only lost Kidd.

This team won 34 games last year. Now, I understand there are some mitigating factors at play but the Raps are not going to improve by 15 wins overnight. Not without significant upgrades.
          But don't forget they were 10-17 with Gay before finishing .500 with him.

Oh wait.... shit.... that didn't prove any counter point did it.

Comment

Sorry to read that.

Good luck with the restoration.

Comment

• magoon wrote: View Post
              First off:

Rudy - top 10, maybe, but definitely bottom half of the top 10 small forwards in the league. Do you take Rudy over LeBron, Durant, Carmelo, or Kawhi Leonard? No, you don't. And you probably have to think hard about whether you take Rudy over Luol Deng or Paul Pierce. And that's BEFORE you start thinking about Rudy's whale salary, which makes him worse by far.

DeMar - Not better than Kobe, Harden, Wade, Iguodala, and you probably don't take him over Ginobil, Joe Johnson, Jamal Crawford or K-Mart.

Lowry - Lowry isn't even top ten! CP3, Westbrook, Parker, Curry, Kyrie, John Wall, Deron Williams, Jrue, Lillard, Ty Lawson... I could go on here.

Amir - I love Amir, but power forward is the deepest position in the league, and he's not in the top 10. Duncan, Bosh, Josh Smith, Serge Ibaka, David Lee, Z-Bo, LMA, Dirk, David West, Millsap... there's a lot of contenders there for top 10 and Amir doesn't even come close to cracking it.

JoVal - Marc Gasol, Greg Monroe, Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Dwight Howard, Anderson Varajao, Al Horford, Nikola Vucevic, Joakim Noah and Demarcus Cousins. JoVal has to play better than one of them to crack top ten. It'll take a banner year from him since bigs develop more slowly.

This is why we aren't a serious contender. Our guys are all either starter-quality or just below it, but we don't have any real star players (Rudy comes closest and "borderline All-Star" seems to be his ceiling). And worse, they don't facilitate each other: we have three dedicated scorers (Rudy, DeMar and Lowry) in our starting five! We don't have the talent for much more than a first-round playoff exit right now.
              Rudy is top 5 after Lebron, Durant, Melo, and Paul George.

DeRozan IMO will be better than those 5 next season, he's already better than JJ, Crawford, and K Mart. Ginobilli is declining so he should pass him too

Lowry, i agree he isn't top 10 maybe on par with Ty Lawson if anything

Valanciunas, i'd take him over Vuecvic and Lopez, Horford is more of a PF

thats 3 players in the top 10 for their position...

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                He was a top rated PG coming out of HS. The kids got talent for sure.
                So he's the next Telfair?
                your pal,
                ebrian

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  How can you say that with so much confidence? Btw its Brooklyn not NJ...
                  The Raptors IMO will be a better team than Brooklyn and NYC. NYC tried to go all in last year and couldn't, now they barely have any room to operate with all the money locked into their injury prone front court of Amar'e, Melo, and Chandler. As for Brooklyn, i think they are massively overrated. They traded Gerald wallace for two Vets who are on their last legs as NBA players, KG will probably retire within a year and same with paul pierce.
                  You don't like those NY teams; didn't you say last year too that we would be better than New York? Didn't happen last year, we need a lot of changes if it will happen this year.

Comment

...DeRozan IMO will be better than those 5 next season, he's already better than JJ, Crawford, and K Mart. Ginobilli is declining so he should pass him too...
                    It's good to be loyal, and I am not a DeRozan basher, but man, you need to lift up those glasses periodically or you are going to have a head on collision with a rose you didn't see coming.

Comment

Rudy is top 5 after Lebron, Durant, Melo, and Paul George.
                      Shoot me but I'd much rather have Kawhi Leonard than Rudy. At least Kawhi tries on defense.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                        Shoot me but I'd much rather have Kawhi Leonard than Rudy. At least Kawhi tries on defense.
                        That's preferrence though. On pure talent and skill Gay is better. I don't think Leonard would be this good if he was on the raptors.
                        @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                          That's preferrence though. On pure talent and skill Gay is better. I don't think Leonard would be this good if he was on the raptors.
                          No one is this good when they come to the raptors. They are all stars everywhere else

Comment

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
                            No one is this good when they come to the raptors. They are all stars everywhere else
                            He is a role player playing in a system and excelling.

Take away Duncan, Parker, Manu, and pop then you have his raptor experience.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                              It's good to be loyal, and I am not a DeRozan basher, but man, you need to lift up those glasses periodically or you are going to have a head on collision with a rose you didn't see coming.
                              You don't think DeRozan can be better than Joe Johnson, K Mart, and Crawford? I don't think i'm being thaat much of a homer here.

Comment

You don't think DeRozan can be better than Joe Johnson, K Mart, and Crawford? I don't think i'm being thaat much of a homer here.
                                Crawford is the only one I'm not going to accuse you of being a homer on. Buuuuut he can shoot the 3 and create his own shot.

Comment

Working...
                                X