“Fasten your belt.”

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “Fasten your belt.”

A little late, but I was in transit yesterday and just read this over at Doug's blog from yesterday.

I’m not going to tell you who said it and I’m not really going to give you much information or context.

But if you want to get excited about what’s coming in the next couple of months for the Raptors, I feel I can share this verbatim quote I got:

“Fasten your belt.”
    Source - Click here

That comment is 4sure to keep people reading his blog during the summer. Just saying

November will be the time to get excited for a number of reasons.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Well considering our best player and our (sort of) second best player want out, and the fact that we still have to find a new home for Jose, resign Amir, find a player to draft, and upgrade the coaching staff...I sure hope we'd have to fasten our seat belts or else people would be calling for BC's head.
      "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Whaaat? Is BC going to give Doug a Ferrari....for meritorious service provided during the season (being extremely corporate conscious)

Comment

Lets play: "Reverse Caption Contest"

Since Doug Smith kindly decided to leave out the context of this statement why don't we give it context. Caption Contest style, I'll start it off.

Toronto planning a 7 team trade that nets John Wall, Evan Turner and Chuck Swirsky.

"fasten your belt."

Comment

I thought we already knew this off-season was going to one where the Raptors are wheelin' and dealin'? Doug needs to give us more than that or not bother.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              I thought we already knew this off-season was going to one where the Raptors are wheelin' and dealin'? Doug needs to give us more than that or not bother.
              +1
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

As a Raps fan, I associate summertime as BC's annual "Raps Roster Overhaul" because he's brought in 6+ new players during every offseason since he was hired in 2006. This summer will be more of the same for the Republic.

How many years will the Raps continue to be a treadmill team? (As many as it takes).
                RR OG

Comment

Maybe Doug was hinting to BC planning to cut Turk's brakes. BC walks by Turk, gives him a sly wink and says, "Remember to fasten your belt..."

Comment

Not sure what you mean by cutting "Turk's breaks"?

Comment

Sabotage in Turkey o.O?
                      -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                      -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                        Not sure what you mean by cutting "Turk's breaks"?
                        His car brakes.

Comment

“Fasten your belt.”

Well as the great Tracy Morgan would say:
                          "No. No. Huh Huh. No. No! No! No! Hell No! NO! NO! I refuse to... No! No!"

Comment

Working...
                          X