Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Would you rather" tournament pick'em: The Final 4 has begun! (post 204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

J plus Ed.

Comment

I is the safe pick and J is the gamble.
      I like to gamble, i swear i'm not addicted....

For the guess who, I feel like Ed is the obvious answer, so I think it might be a trick :P
      Not really sure who else it could be though, so I say Ed.

Comment

J and I think it's ed as well
        Whoever told you skies the limit is looking dumb because I'm 22 and i'm moonwalking on the sun.

Comment

I was initially leaning towards J, until I read that he "must improve his basketball IQ and effort in-game"... those are two things that are more character than skill.

My vote is for Player I.

---

My first thought was Davis, until I read "nice form on his jump shot for a big man"... have you seen Davis' jump shot?? I think the player is James Johnson.

Comment

Player J

Can't tell if the write-up is JJ or ED.
            The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
              My first thought was Davis, until I read "nice form on his jump shot for a big man"... have you seen Davis' jump shot?? I think the player is James Johnson.
              Thats where I was confused as well. Initially I thought Amir, but then I remembered he did not go to college.
              I was not sure if JJ was scouted as a PF of Sf, and I have not heard of JJ being injury prone.

Comment

I'm picking J.

As for the current Raptor.. could be completely wrong but I was thinking Solomon Alabi. The "PF" remark is throwing me off, because I don't think it's Ed either.

Comment

J, by a country mile. Just say no to 'below the rim' seven-footers.

And yeah, Ed seems like the obvious choice, but almost too obvious. I'm going to go with Magloire. He's the only guy on the Raptors who has what I would call 'freakishly long wingspan'.

Comment

I know who I and J are. And I'll go with I because I think that J is overly hyped. And the whole "low basketball IQ" on J really turns me off.

As for the Raptor, it's Ed Davis!

Comment

• I seems more NBA ready. But J seems like he could be something great. I go with J

Comment

• Put me down for neither as I know who both are.

But if I had to pick one I'd go with J.

Who is Ed Davis, Alex?

Comment

• J
                          in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

• Weekend "Who is it?"

The winner of Round 1 Match 5 is:

J)Andre Drummond - 12 votes.............I)Tyler Zeller - 2 votes

Drummond advances!

I thought it would be nice to take a break for the weekend and pick it up again Sunday night. There are 5 of the 8 matches completed. I am loving the responses and interesting reasoning for everybody's picks.

The last "Guess Who?" was... Ed Davis.

1) Here's another one to ponder... Who is it?

Does Well:
                            - Outstanding size and length at 6’11″, freakish 7’4″ wingspan that makes him play bigger than he is
                            - Solid athleticism and mobility for a post player, deceiving first step and quickness
                            - Strong finisher at the basket, goes up strong and can handle contact, gets to the foul stripe frequently
                            - Solid rebounder, nice job of getting in position and using length to secure boards, good hands
                            - Good shooting touch around the basket, soft hands, has the righty jump hook down
                            - Decent shot blocker, knows how to use length to disrupt shots in the lane, shot changer

Must Improve:
                            - Must add muscle to frame, very skinny at this point in his young development, 10 lb.s is ideal
                            - Developing a midrange jumper and perimeter game, shies away from shooting outside of 8 feet
                            - Relatively raw post game, needs to develop and improve moves, not force shots in the paint
                            - Needs to do a better job of getting post position and establishing himself closer to the basket, frequently gets pushed out due to lack of strength

2) Going into the weekend I would like to know who/what has been the biggest surprise so far in this tournament?
                            - Personally, reading through Ross' scouting report has really peaked my interest in him.
                            “Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are.”
                            ― John Wooden

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post

Drummond advances!

I thought it would be nice to take a break for the weekend and pick it up again Sunday night. There are 5 of the 8 matches completed. I am loving the responses and interesting reasoning for everybody's picks.

Does Well:
                              - Outstanding size and length at 6’11″, freakish 7’4″ wingspan that makes him play bigger than he is
                              - Solid athleticism and mobility for a post player, deceiving first step and quickness
                              - Strong finisher at the basket, goes up strong and can handle contact, gets to the foul stripe frequently
                              - Solid rebounder, nice job of getting in position and using length to secure boards, good hands
                              - Good shooting touch around the basket, soft hands, has the righty jump hook down
                              - Decent shot blocker, knows how to use length to disrupt shots in the lane, shot changer

Must Improve:
                              - Must add muscle to frame, very skinny at this point in his young development, 10 lb.s is ideal
                              - Developing a midrange jumper and perimeter game, shies away from shooting outside of 8 feet
                              - Relatively raw post game, needs to develop and improve moves, not force shots in the paint
                              - Needs to do a better job of getting post position and establishing himself closer to the basket, frequently gets pushed out due to lack of strength

2) Going into the weekend I would like to know who/what has been the biggest surprise so far in this tournament?
                              - Personally, reading through Ross' scouting report has really peaked my interest in him.

thought it was them. for the record i wouldnt want drummond, but between those two, drummond everytime.and this time its BigV i think. the most surprising thing for me was people passing up on a 7 foot wingspan at the 2guard. casey wet dream. could end up tayshuan prince.

Comment

• The Coach wrote: View Post

Drummond advances!

Does Well:

Must Improve:

I know this guy:

Comment

Working...
                                X