Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calderon & JV mentioned in OKC dream scenario deal for Harden!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon & JV mentioned in OKC dream scenario deal for Harden!

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ouston-rockets

So we have been waiting forever for a true big man. Pretty much everyone in the NBA World have been saying for years that we need a true Big Man! We finally get one and all of the sudden his name comes up in trade scenarios for a non center. What gives?

I guess people in the NBA are truly buying into the JV hype.

Go Raps.

TORONTOOOOOO RAPTORSSSSSS

Comment

Stahmenah_Vybz wrote: View Post
      http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/...ouston-rockets

So we have been waiting forever for a true big man. Pretty much everyone in the NBA World have been saying for years that we need a true Big Man! We finally get one and all of the sudden his name comes up in trade scenarios for a non center. What gives?

I guess people in the NBA are truly buying into the JV hype.

Go Raps.
      JV hype but a subtle (if realistic) dig..."their new Raptors pick (likely to be in the no. 10-13 range in the next draft)"

Comment

No harm in Presti inquiring about Jonas (and Calderon). But I'm sure Colangelo rejected the offer instantly.

Comment

Don't know if this was posted already or not. Sorry if it was. On my cell doing this. However, their names were mention just briefly in the article. Not much else so you don't have to read the entire thing. Just thought I would post link as it means in my opinion the people are taking notice of our boy JV.

Go Raps!

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
            No harm in Presti inquiring about Jonas (and Calderon). But I'm sure Colangelo rejected the offer instantly.
            well gotta be true since it didn't happen!

Comment

Don't know if this was posted already or not. Sorry if it was. On my cell doing this. However, their names were mention just briefly in the article. Not much else so you don't have to read the entire thing. Just thought I would post link as it means in my opinion the people are taking notice of our boy JV.

Go Raps!
              JV and Calderon were only mentioned breifly in a 'what OKC may have first looked for' with multiple other players and teams considered to (anthony davis, Utah's bigs, bradley beal, klay thompson). It was more about wanting to land a 'sure thing' prospect on a rookie deal than specifically Jonas himself. Thoughts in passing more than anything, but no doubt a compliment to Jonas.

Tin Foil Hat Time:

Keeping Harden on a deal just a bit below the max — the Thunder's ceiling — and sticking with Kendrick Perkins would have meant total payroll and tax bills between $100 million and $110 million in both 2013-14 and the following season under the stepped-up tax rates. That is a steep price to pay for a small-market club that makes only $15 million from its local television deal and may receive little help, if any at all, from the league's new revenue-sharing system
              interesting what the new CBA has done to OKC. Made it less affordable for them to keep their team together.... wonder who benifits the most from that? (LA, Miami)

And the 2 year waiting period on the s&t restrictions benifitted who? (LA, LAC)

David Stern - amazing ability to keep his system of the biggest names in the biggest markets even while creating 'parity' to benifit the small market teams.....

Comment

Like I said, it was just a mention in the article. But then again, they didn't have to put his name in there at all. To me, that a compliment!

Comment

well gotta be true since it didn't happen!
                  I meant, Colangelo proabably didn't hesitate to hang up the phone, as opposed to contemplating the offer, and then rejecting

Comment

If presti came knocking for JV, I would say that is a compliment to what GM's (at least the good ones) in the NBA think about him.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
                      I meant, Colangelo proabably didn't hesitate to hang up the phone, as opposed to contemplating the offer, and then rejecting
                      true that!

Comment

James Harden trade had some Raptors discussions

So according to Grantland (it's footnote #1) in the Harden article there was some formal or informal discussions internally with the Raptors in a Harden for Big V and Jose ... personally i think it would be a terrible deal (never trade big for small) but it would be at least interesting... thoughts?

Comment

JV? I swear to god if BC was going to trade him i'd murder him

Comment

stevenqntran wrote: View Post
                            So according to Grantland (it's footnote #1) in the Harden article there was some formal or informal discussions internally with the Raptors in a Harden for Big V and Jose ... personally i think it would be a terrible deal (never trade big for small) but it would be at least interesting... thoughts?
                            A bit misleading I think. The article simply implies what they think Presti might/should have wanted in an ideal scenario. Honoured that JV made that list but there was no insinuation that the Raps offered anything. No?

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
                              A bit misleading I think. The article simply implies what they think Presti might/should have wanted in an ideal scenario. Honoured that JV made that list but there was no insinuation that the Raps offered anything. No?
                              Beyond misleading.

And this thread was already started:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...eal-for-Harden!

Comment

Working...
                              X