Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Calderon & JV mentioned in OKC dream scenario deal for Harden!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

stevenqntran wrote: View Post
    So according to Grantland (it's footnote #1) in the Harden article there was some formal or informal discussions internally with the Raptors in a Harden for Big V and Jose ... personally i think it would be a terrible deal (never trade big for small) but it would be at least interesting... thoughts?
    A little off topic, but I never understood that golden rule. It certainly worked in our favour in the Villenueva for Ford deal.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
      A little off topic, but I never understood that golden rule. It certainly worked in our favour in the Villenueva for Ford deal.
      +1

It also depends on the small. Not a trade but in hindsight Jordan would have been a better selection over both Hakeem and Bowie.

Comment

Nilanka wrote: View Post
        No harm in Presti inquiring about Jonas (and Calderon). But I'm sure Colangelo rejected the offer instantly.
        Presti: Hey bryan i was wondering if you are willing to trade JV...
        BC: *Hangs up*

Comment

Jclaw wrote: View Post
          A bit misleading I think. The article simply implies what they think Presti might/should have wanted in an ideal scenario. Honoured that JV made that list but there was no insinuation that the Raps offered anything. No?
          I agree with you. Very misleading the way Stevenqntran stated it!

Comment

Sorry guys never meant to be misleading....The way i read it

"All these teams, save the Hornets, had at least semi-serious internal or external discussions on Harden." was the footnote which to me reads as "semi serious" seems more then some sort of passing fancy...

having said that i didn't mean to mislead anyone into thinking this was more then it was...but was curious to see what people thought if this was true...Harden who some people say is a top 5 SG (not sure i agree with that) in the league for JV and Jose (unknown and known quantities respectively)...

Anyways i apologize again if i seemed to be misleading, wasn't my intention.

Comment

I don't think Harden is worth max money and certainly wouldn't trade Valanciunas for him. I'd also rather see the Raptors go after a SF, rather than another SG (DeRozan, Fields, Ross), if they were going to make a big move to land a big money player... *cough* Rudy Gay *cough*...

Comment

This is a good argument for drafting a guy like Andre Drummond. A young big on a rookie contract with potential (and he has shown loads of it) is always in demand. People talk about "needing" to draft a wing player like Ross, but they are easily replaceable. Clearly, smart GMs like Presti place a much higher value on young bigs as assets. We could have even traded JV and you would still have Drummond.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                  This is a good argument for drafting a guy like Andre Drummond. A young big on a rookie contract with potential (and he has shown loads of it) is always in demand. People talk about "needing" to draft a wing player like Ross, but they are easily replaceable. Clearly, smart GMs like Presti place a much higher value on young bigs as assets. We could have even traded JV and you would still have Drummond.
                  Hasheem Thabeet. Michael Olowakandi. Cole Aldrich. Spencer Hawes. Sean Williams. Tyrus Thomas. Mohamadou Sene. Patrick O'Bryant. Hilton Armstrong. Fran Vazquez. Rafael Araujo. Andris Biedrins. Robert Swift. Darko Milicic. Chris Wilcox. Nikoloz Tskitishvili. Kwame Brown. Eddy Curry. DeSagana Diop.

These are all lottery picks at #9 or higher who were projected as centers from the past 10 years. Young bigs that turn out to have NBA skills are great as assets.

But nobody in the NBA seems to be particularly good at determining who's who. Big men are a big gamble.

Comment

Working...
                  X