Clarity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pcrombeen wrote: View Post
    Whether we give OKC the 4th pick or the 14th pick is of no consequence. The result is the same for us. We give away our pick.
    The only way we can avoid this outcome is by:
    a) making the playoffs (0.1% chance?)
    b) getting the number 3 pick or higher (1-2% chance?)
    Neither of these scenarios seems particularly likely, so the pick is almost certainly gone. What number OKC picks at should have no bearing on our decision making.
    It really shouldn't, but its hard to not care where that pick ends up and who gets picked with that pick. Obviously it doesn't effect our team in any way whether the pick ends up being 4th or 14th. But it would still be much nicer to not have it be a good pick. If everyone thought that way then no one would care that The Bruins got Seguin and Hamilton for Kessel.

Comment

RobertArchibald wrote: View Post
      Vets shouldn't be defined by age or even years played in the NBA. It should be NBA experience. Playing time, situations, responsibilities etc. Guys who've sat at the end of benches their entire career aren't equal to vets with leadership and experience.
      I don't entirely agree with this. I agree that being a vet shouldn't be determined by age, but even a player whose been in the league for 7 years as a 7th-15th man definitely has veteran value. First, although their minutes played may not be high, they've stilled practiced with and against NBA players day in and day out for those 7 years. In most cases they must have or have developed other important skills like knowing their role, being a good in the locker room, being smart on the floor, playing to their strengths.

I agree that AA is a veteran of professional basketball leagues not called the NBA, and shouldn't really be considered an NBA veteran he's only played in 53 games (as a bobcat) in the two years he played in the NBA before joining the raps.

I think Gray is a bit of a different animal, despite being drafted 49th overall he's managed to stay in the league and played in 50+ games ever year except the lockout year where he played 41. Gray=Vet, Anderson does not.

That said, there's a report that links nba performance to minutes played in the first few years, with the correlation being the more minutes a player plays the better they become which to makes sense logically. I definitely think that the albatross and JV should be getting at least 10 minutes a game but 15+ if they aren't shitting the bed.

The great thing about vets is that they've learned to provide value from/on the bench. Ross and JV should get more burn.

Dunk wrote: View Post
      If everyone thought that way then no one would care that The Bruins got Seguin and Hamilton for Kessel.
      I don't care, but maybe's that because I don't know what a "Seguin" is... a Leafs avatar and hockey references!?!??!?!?! BOO this man, BOO!
      "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
        I don't care, but maybe's that because I don't know what a "Seguin" is... a Leafs avatar and hockey references!?!??!?!?! BOO this man, BOO!
        Lol sorry, I'll try to keep hockey references to a minimum

Comment

Working...
        X