Triano Curses at Halftime.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano Curses at Halftime.

So what do you guys think of this? Should he be fined? Should he be allowed to go on air and curse his team?

Jay is the man! 2nd time two weeks he's done this on TV.

Comment

He looks irritated but the truth is he should be expressing his anger and frustration at his players rather than when he's being interviewed by the media.
      your pal,
      ebrian

Comment

The best is how it caught Jack of guard and he was stuttering and struggling to get his second question out. Classic.
        Deadallus

Comment

Sign of a desperate man resorting to techniques that he hopes make him appear like a tough coach. Not working.

Comment

I think it's orchestrated.

He has done it the last few games and now has gone on a National broadcast to show his "frustrations".

I think he is trying to save his job and show the fans that he's a tough guy that wears his emotions on his sleeve trying to rally the troops but it's a pathetic tactic and we know the type of coach he is.

All of a sudden he's that frustrated that he's swearing at every opportunity?

Maybe he thinks Toronto fans want their coaches to show that brand of "fire". News flash Jay, we just want wins.

Absurd and bordering on desperate

Comment

ebrian wrote: View Post
              He looks irritated but the truth is he should be expressing his anger and frustration at his players rather than when he's being interviewed by the media.
              100% agree. in the miami game, you know the officiating was bad, but still he takes it in stride, he's pacing back and forth mumbling to himself. common man, if that was stan van gundy, he'd be getting technicals and thrown out. i think thats why we dont get calls either, coz the refs dont respect him. Phil Jackson said during last year's playoffs you have to disrespect the refs and make them know you dont tolerate their bullshit. and the lakers got calls after that.

Comment

I think Jay was showing his emotions, he wasn't try to look tough or anything, he was expressing his frustration after a horrible first half.

Personally I do not think he should be fined, the guy was just super frustrated, we would all be frustrated if we were in his position

Comment

Personally I don't think he's trying to act tough, especially as a means of saving anything. It wouldn't surprise me the least if Triano swears like a trucker, he is an NBA coach after all. It's hard to keep your tendencies in check, especially when you're team is playing like horseshit. That being said, Triano is a horseshit of a coach.

Comment

Thoughts were that he would be a good coach with younger players since his 'expertise' is with young faces due to his history. Horseshit.

His rotations, his pandoring to Andrea, his benching of Weems (!!??!) in a strong performance game, and his matchups are all doing harm to the development of younger players, including Andrea. Making a switch mid-season is stupid in almost any case, but if he cannot learn what he should be doing and figure it out he will destroy a few careers or at best delay development a couple of years. Maybe he is falling off the boat and dragging down as many others as possible. Just don't see why he makes the majority of his decisions.

Comment

"Horsefeathers" would have been better.

C'mon people since when has "horseshit" been unacceptable except in front of little kids. Its pretty lame as an expletive these days. He may well have used the term in the locker room a few times before the interview and it just got spewed out again.

ps...how come Jack gets all the fun interviews?...."Ball".

Comment

It's nice to see jay get fired up from time to time.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                          100% agree. in the miami game, you know the officiating was bad, but still he takes it in stride, he's pacing back and forth mumbling to himself. common man, if that was stan van gundy, he'd be getting technicals and thrown out. i think thats why we dont get calls either, coz the refs dont respect him. Phil Jackson said during last year's playoffs you have to disrespect the refs and make them know you dont tolerate their bullshit. and the lakers got calls after that.
                          As a coach in the NBA, there are going to be bad officiating games against your team, it is good to get thrown out to send a message to the refs(a lesson, Jerry Sloan has learnt for a long time). Triano has not learnt that yet. Some refs(Danny Crawford against the Mavs) are just terrible and biased and as a coach, you should not be tolerating their bullshit.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                            "Horsefeathers" would have been better.

C'mon people since when has "horseshit" been unacceptable except in front of little kids. Its pretty lame as an expletive these days. He may well have used the term in the locker room a few times before the interview and it just got spewed out again.

ps...how come Jack gets all the fun interviews?...."Ball".
                            See......... I don't know if I agree with this. It's happened in 3 seperate media sessions and this time was done at half-time of a Nationally televised broadcast.

Where was this "Triano cursing a blue-streak" last year?

How often do you ever see ANY NBA coaches swearing in media sessions?

Jay's losing it and the desperation is indeed sinking in.

Comment

Everything he said was true. Was it desperation or was it an orchestrated maneuver? I don't know. But hell, after waking the damn baby up yelling at the TV, and promising that I would keep the noise down, I still managed to yell out some profanities that got me in the doghouse. If I were Triano I would have let some serious zingers slip, not just horseshit.
                              Last edited by RaptorDan; Thu Nov 18, 2010, 12:07 AM.
                              Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                              X