Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GAME THREAD: Double Dose of Detroit! (Part 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another interview where JV stresses his desire to win

Comment

where getting great look of how bargnani and Jonas' length can be a terror on D
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

I forgot to watch the game. I just heard something about Calderon, hand strain and not coming back to the game. What happened?

Comment

T-Ross is afraid of the rim but he plays D. You would never know his 1-7. He never hesitates
          Last edited by Chr1s1anL; Fri Oct 12, 2012, 09:18 PM.
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

Val with 9 points and 8 rebounds. Can he get a double double before the game ends in the next 2 mins?

Comment

Sweet move by Big Val!

Comment

whats even better from big val is he is able to stay on the floor, no foul trouble.. a few guys on here gave him 5 minutes before casey pulled him.. never came

Comment

Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
                  T-Ross is afraid of the rim but he plays D. You would never know his 1-7. He never hesitates
                  That 1 made FG was a big one though. Put the Raps back on top and gave the Pistons a big STFU.

Comment

Yeah nice to see both Ross and JV come up with some clutch plays on offense and defense. Ross played stellar D in the fourth.

Comment

Ok, so I went back and checked to make sure, because I was trying to figure out why Linas took a shot at that dude. So in the 3rd, I thought I saw Jonas look like someone hit his back, so I checked, and I think it's Stuckey or one of their other perimeter players just gave him the elbow right in the spine. Looks like Linas will be getting JV's back, if not the whole team's, this year. This makes him entirely worth his contract. Dude is cold blooded.

Comment

that hook shot was sweet! love JV's game, a lot of guys take a while to develop those moves. I'm a huge ewing fan, and we definitely have a budding centre in our future

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                          Ok, so I went back and checked to make sure, because I was trying to figure out why Linas took a shot at that dude. So in the 3rd, I thought I saw Jonas look like someone hit his back, so I checked, and I think it's Stuckey or one of their other perimeter players just gave him the elbow right in the spine. Looks like Linas will be getting JV's back, if not the whole team's, this year. This makes him entirely worth his contract. Dude is cold blooded.
                          You just don't mess with the Lithuanian Secret Police. I thought this was a well known fact.

Comment

KHD wrote: View Post
                            Lucas is a terrible point guard. Hope Jose and Lowry stay healthy this year.
                            Are you high? he's 20x better than bayless and he actually gets dudes involved. Did you not see that wrap around pass to Eddy and that sweet bounce pass to alan anderson for 3? for a 3rd stringer he's amazing and he can be a decent backup if Caldy is traded. he looked better than jose tonight for sure.

Comment

Post game analysis.

http://raptorsongame.blogspot.ca/201...-2012-pre.html

This is my very first post! For the Toronto Raptors post-game/news series! Hope you all like it!

What I will be posting, are my impressions, and basically my opinions on the game from the recent date! I am a member of the RaptorsRepublic forum, and have been posting and discussing raptors for quite awhile now.

So, here it is, my very first blogger post on the Toronto Raptors. I have sections I address, and here they are!:

Summarize: This game was extremely hard to watch in the beginning. Both teams going off with bad starts, no to mention Landry Fields with a 'Rasual Butler' inbound. Most of you Raptor fans know what I'm talking about. From my eye tonight, Toronto had 2 guys who really stood out to me, JV, and Ed. They really affected the game tonight, and affected it with their strengths. Although! John Lucas III had a good game as well, he got people involved, hit shots, and as of now, could be carrying a bigger role, but, I will elaborate later. Detroit had an all-around effort (not a great result), no real standout unlike last game, where Drummond was clearly the look of the game. Ross struggled offensively tonight, along with Bargnani and Fields.
                              This was a regular, Eastern Conference game, of grind it out, simple, hit me, I'll hit you back basketball. Ugly, slow, but hey, it's pre-season.

3 Standouts:

1. Jonas Valanciunas: 11 points, 8 rebounds (3 offensive), 1 assist, 1 steal. 29 minutes.
                              2. Ed Davis: 12 points, 6 rebounds, 1 block, 1 steal. 18 minutes.
                              3. John Lucas III: 9 points, 8 assists, 1 rebound. 29 minutes.

Nice Moves:
                              • Derozan's dream shake.
                              • Flynn's behind the back pass to Kravstov.
                              • Jonas Valanciunas' pump-fake to sky-hook.

Defensive Standout:

Jonas Valanciunas: Changed a huge number of shots, great help defense, and was extremely active. Really reminded me of the performance Anthony Davis had in the NCAA Championship. He was so active, making guys think twice before heading into the lane.

Offensive Standout:

Jonas Valanciunas: He was looked off a number of times. He rolled hard to the basket, creating so much space for guys on the perimeter, not to mention he did not fade in the post. Delivered every time he was given the ball, not to mention he made an outstanding move to the basket with a good pump-fake, and a forgotten sky-hook.

Toronto Positives: This team is extremely deep. No doubt about it. John Lucas is a star 3rd string. If there was an MVP for 3rd strings, it would be him. The rookie centre was solid, very good on both ends of the floor. As a team though, they never gave up, and when it really counted, they buckled down defensively, and made some key offensive plays down the stretch. The one thing with this team last season, was Toronto could never come up with those important plays down the stretch. BUT, with a capable in-post scorer like Val, healthy top-10 point guard Kyle Lowry, John Lucas, Terrence Ross, and the team is healthy overall, those crunch time games should be easier for Coach Casey and the staff to structure. 96% from the free throw line is a nice stat to see.

Toronto Negatives: Jose Calderon is out with a hamstring injury. Especially with Lowry out until further notice, we are in trouble. As much as Lucas is a very, very solid back-up, he is not the ideal guy to start a game. 18 turnovers overall throughout the game, 39% shooting, 29% from the outside. Obviously this team had some fatigue, but, offensively, there was rare ball movement, and too many pass and shoot possessions. The execution was poor in the first 3 quarters, and something the team seriously needs to work on.

Overall, decent game, but Detroit isn't a team the league expects to contend for a playoff spot. But, like I said, it's pre-season!
                              Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Only thing that bugged me was Bargs not driving on offense.

Comment

Working...
                                X