X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

so i recently decided to search out some new hip hop... since most of what i listen to, is old as hookers... i'm still rocking the ATCQ anthology, and Mos Def's first album...

after sifting through the waves and waves of pure crap... i'd say 99% of what i've heard in the past few days is the kinda shit i would have beat kids up for listening to..

i found this gem..

this album is a work of art..

Comment

Old School. Heard this in my barbershop a couple of days ago, great tune

Its really amazing how hip hop has become darker over the years, i miss these "rippity rappity yo!" tunes of the 90's, back when a whole song was dedicated to what hat you would wear that day. good times

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post

Old School. Heard this in my barbershop a couple of days ago, great tune

Its really amazing how hip hop has become darker over the years, i miss these "rippity rappity yo!" tunes of the 90's, back when a whole song was dedicated to what hat you would wear that day. good times
          I agree. Everything is about pussy, money, weed. Their status in life. Just really sad, stupid, random things nowadays. Why can't somebody rap about how awesome life is? lol
          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
            I agree. Everything is about pussy, money, weed. Their status in life. Just really sad, stupid, random things nowadays. Why can't somebody rap about how awesome life is? lol
            and that's why, 20 years later, i'm STILL listening to A Tribe Called Quest... literally, EVERY DAY

positivity is immortal

Comment

Definitely. For a bit I thought old school was back with people like tyler/earl and meek mill takin a different turn, but really, if you listen to their music long enough it's all the same BS. I mean Chief Keef? really? this kids a fuckin pussy lmao he actually admitted to lying about everything he "wrote" about. not a fan of Drake either

rap post early 2000's has been pretty wack. At least for me. there are some good songs tho.

I hope I offended some of you
              Last edited by Sig; Wed Mar 6, 2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Sig wrote: View Post
                rap post early 2000's has been pretty wack. At least for me. there are some good songs tho.

I hope I offended some of you
                i'll take that one step further. i'm pretty sure i've already vocalized this on the board before.

Hip Hop hit it's apex on Nov 9th 1993. no album has been released in the genre since that even comes close to comparing to what came out that day, and every single year since then was a dramatic decline in quality, and now we're left with a cesspool of mediocrity posing as validity.. with actual quality artists getting buried for lacking the basic BS qualities that we loathed artists for having back then..

Midnight Marauders - ATCQ
                36 Chambers - Wutang

Comment

and yes, im aware that i'm quickly turning into the "get off my lawn" type old guy....

but seriously... my lawn is dope... get off

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                    and yes, im aware that i'm quickly turning into the "get off my lawn" type old guy....

but seriously... my lawn is dope... get off
                    Heinz. You are awesome my friend... Carry on with your day. lol
                    Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

RaptorReuben wrote: View Post
                      Heinz. You are awesome my friend... Carry on with your day. lol

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        i'll take that one step further. i'm pretty sure i've already vocalized this on the board before.

Hip Hop hit it's apex on Nov 9th 1993. no album has been released in the genre since that even comes close to comparing to what came out that day, and every single year since then was a dramatic decline in quality, and now we're left with a cesspool of mediocrity posing as validity.. with actual quality artists getting buried for lacking the basic BS qualities that we loathed artists for having back then..

Midnight Marauders - ATCQ
                        36 Chambers - Wutang
                        we'll see what happens in the futura..

Comment

Nelly still goes hard. I love his music, he is one of the few rappers that don't rap about weed and pussy all the time.

Comment

His new song is ok but i like his old stuff better. He has a lot of variety in his music which is what i like

Comment

The music video is wack but the beat, lyrics and the overall song is dope.

Comment

This was the shit back in the early 2000's

Comment

Working...
                                X