Battle of the Atlantic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    Interesting '5-on-5' discussion about the Atlantic Division on ESPN today.

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...-king-new-york

I love Windhorst's answer to #5! haha
    Really just a discussion on NY teams. It doesn't even claim to be about the atlantic.

Comment

Knicks just beat the Heat.
      "Masai WILL win us a championship"
      - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Reporter: "How can you say that?"

Ujiri: "Because I can say that."

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
        knicks are on a serious roll. not looking good for the raps, who struggled just trying to beat the shitty pistons.

Comment

KazanTheMan wrote: View Post
          Heat played horrible. So many turnovers. They looked out of sync offensively for some reason. I don't think they were ready to play to be honest. And Chris Bosh AGAIN crapped the bed on National TV. What an embarassing performance.

Another thing that i noticed about the Heat, Dwyane Wade for a 31 year old really plays like an old man. He's clearly not the same "Flash" anymore. 31 years old is not old. Kobe when he was 31 years old was putting up 40-50 pts a game.
          Mamba Mentality

Comment

iblastoff wrote: View Post
            knicks are on a serious roll. not looking good for the raps, who struggled just trying to beat the shitty pistons.
            I don't know it they "struggled" per say or just didn't take them seriously. Because they blew them out in the second half, but I get what you're saying.
            - Tim Leiweke

Ujiri: "One thing I can say for sure is that we will not be stuck in the middle."

Comment

TRex wrote: View Post
              Heat played horrible. So many turnovers. They looked out of sync offensively for some reason. I don't think they were ready to play to be honest. And Chris Bosh AGAIN crapped the bed on National TV. What an embarassing performance.

Another thing that i noticed about the Heat, Dwyane Wade for a 31 year old really plays like an old man. He's clearly not the same "Flash" anymore. 31 years old is not old. Kobe when he was 31 years old was putting up 40-50 pts a game.
              Yeah, and Wade also 0/6 from the FT line. Knicks entire offence is 3's. Shumpert/Felton and Melo were just bombing away.
              - Tim Leiweke

Comment

@IanBegley: J.R. Smith was asked if he believes his future is w/the #Knicks: "Honestly, I don't even know at this point. At one point I was for sure."
                Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

isaacthompson wrote: View Post
                  @IanBegley: J.R. Smith was asked if he believes his future is w/the #Knicks: "Honestly, I don't even know at this point. At one point I was for sure."
                  lol
                  - Tim Leiweke

Comment

Knicks are better without JR.
                    Mamba Mentality

Comment

Knicks are better without JR.
                      Good to see Woodson finally putting the hammer down.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        Interesting '5-on-5' discussion about the Atlantic Division on ESPN today.

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...-king-new-york

I love Windhorst's answer to #5! haha
                        Who will win the Atlantic?

Begley: The Knicks. Recent results aside, I'm still pretty convinced that Toronto will trade away more assets and waive the Wiggins Flag on this season. That will leave a void at the top. The Knicks, presuming they continue to get healthy, are in better position for regular-season success than the Nets, due to Lopez's and Williams' health issues.

I really have a hard time believing that MU would blow up this team(if they keep winning and i think they will) just to land in the lottery. Not gonna happen.
                        Mamba Mentality

Comment

Who will win the Atlantic?

Begley: The Knicks. Recent results aside, I'm still pretty convinced that Toronto will trade away more assets and waive the Wiggins Flag on this season. That will leave a void at the top. The Knicks, presuming they continue to get healthy, are in better position for regular-season success than the Nets, due to Lopez's and Williams' health issues.

I really have a hard time believing that MU would blow up this team(if they keep winning and i think they will) just to land in the lottery. Not gonna happen.
                          depends on whether he thinks the raptors can actually sustain a .500 record the whole way. honestly i think its doubtful. if they start dropping, where is that going to leave them? no mans land, the one place MU promised we won't be in. right now, the nets literally have to just win 3 games and we have to lose 3 games and all of sudden they become 4th in the east. the knicks are also RIGHT behind them. there are a lot more games to go and thats definitely possible.

even philly is only 5 games behind now.
                          Last edited by iblastoff; Fri Jan 10, 2014, 12:39 AM.

Comment

depends on whether he thinks the raptors can actually sustain a .500 record the whole way. honestly i think its doubtful. if they start dropping, where is that going to leave them? no mans land, the one place MU promised we won't be in. right now, the nets literally have to just win 3 games and we have to lose 3 games and all of sudden they become 4th in the atlantic. the knicks are also RIGHT behind them. there are a lot more games to go and thats definitely possible.

even philly is only 5 games behind now.
                            First of all, Philly and Boston shouldn't even be in this discussion. They're all about the lottery this year. I give them 0 chance of overtaking the Raptors in the division/standings.

As for the Nets winning streak? don't let it fool you. They're a bad team. They caught the Warriors at the right time last night. Warriors looked tired. 2nd game of the back to back. Last game of their 7 game Eastern Conference road trip.

Knicks are the ONLY team in the division the Raps should be worry about.
                            Mamba Mentality

Comment

First of all, Philly and Boston shouldn't even be in this discussion. They're all about the lottery this year. I give them 0 chance of overtaking the Raptors in the division/standings.

As for the Nets winning streak? don't let it fool you. They're a bad team. They caught the Warriors at the right time last night. Warriors looked tired. 2nd game of the back to back. Last game of their 7 game Eastern Conference road trip.

Knicks are the ONLY team in the division the Raps should be worry about.
                              the very fact that a tanking team is only 5 games behind (and boston only 4) should speak volumes as to how stable our position really is.

Comment

the very fact that a tanking team is only 5 games behind (and boston only 4) should speak volumes as to how stable our position really is.
                                Because the Raps started the season like a tanking team. 6-13 with Rudy Gay. 11-4 after the trade.
                                Mamba Mentality

Comment

Working...
                                X