Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yertu damkule wrote: View Post
    nope.

FWIW, triano is one of the lower-paid HC's in the L. eating his salary isn't (or shouldn't be) an issue for money-grubbing MLSE. it wouldn't be for an owner/GM with their priorities in order.
    Mitchell was re-upped after the 06-07 season to a 4 -year contract. So, this would be the last year of Mitchell's contract..unless he was paid in one lump sum or got some sort of severance package/payout.

Then again, looking at Triano's contract, the last year of his contract - which happens to be next season, is not guaranteed, so with that being said, I don't think he'll be back next year. I kinda have a feeling that Colangelo is waiting on the Knicks to can D'Antoni.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
      Mitchell was re-upped after the 06-07 season to a 4 -year contract. So, this would be the last year of Mitchell's contract..unless he was paid in one lump sum or got some sort of severance package/payout.

Then again, looking at Triano's contract, the last year of his contract - which happens to be next season, is not guaranteed, so with that being said, I don't think he'll be back next year. I kinda have a feeling that Colangelo is waiting on the Knicks to can D'Antoni.
      Man, I hope ur wrong. D'antoni and defense are like oil and water.

Comment

• Triano's decisions last night were brutal.

Bargnani's defense is always brutal but last night was possibly the worst I've ever seen.

JJ, JC, and Banks did horrible jobs on WSH's guards. They went where ever they pleased.

I have no illusions of this team making the playoffs. This team is playing for draft pick positiion. It seems like they will work their tail off against the top teams only to lose and plan for the after-game party for the bottom teams and hope for a game here or there.

The only thing I want from this team is effort and intensity night in and night out and to show development in the younger players - record does not matter to me this year. The game against WSH was a waste of everybody's time.

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
          for this team to move forward and begin to rebuild properly.....you can keep Calderon for now,but bargnani has to go..if he can maintain a decent scoring avg you try to move him in the new year...enough is enough..the points dont matter but the writing is on the wall.
          You cant win with a guy in the middle who wont rebound or defend...cant.

Trade and begin the process of acquiring thru trade or draft some legit centers who play big at both ends...enough of this perimeter shooting crap..its been a fail from day one.

If BC has to go in order for this guy to get dealt then get rid of bryan as well....Time for some REAL proactiveness...this guy isnt working and its not going to get better...
          +1

Comment

• Brandon wrote: View Post
            I would not. Unfortunately, Roy's best days are far behind him. He has no cartilage in either knee. The only player from that rotten draft I'd trade Bargs for is Rondo, and he isn't without flaws either.
            Rondo has maybe one obvious flaw in his game, while the rest of his game is all nba caliber. No one in their right mind would take Bargnani over Gay, Milsap and Aldridge ... Even Tyrus Thomas looks to have put it together and is playing a far more complete game than Bargnani has ever hinted at.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
              There would be a ton of interest in Bargnani. Bargnani is a very good player. You're talking about a 7 footer who can run and put the ball on teh floor plus stretch the defense with his shooting. He just hasn't gotten it defensively. Problem is taht teams would try to low ball you. If he goes elsewhere as a supporting player and flourishes, then Colangelo looks foolish.
              Bargnani isn't a very good player. He's a very good OFFENSIVE player. Overall, I really don't see how he's a very good player if he is so poor at so many other important aspects of the game. Is Reggie a very good player simply because he rebounds the ball at an above average rate?

I think Colangelo shouldn't be in a hurry to trade him, but I think he should certainly be looking to do so. The only danger is that trade rumours might end up shattering his confidence and pulling him into a slump. That's why I was adamant that he be traded during the summer. There's more time to make deals, and probably more teams willing to make moves.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Ok, so 29 teams would trade for him... But what would they be offering?
                Whatever was $4.25M +/- 125% + 100K.

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                  I would prefer we traded him. But I'm fine with him on the Raps. MY problem is the contract we signed him to. Am I right in feeling that we bid against ourselves? Yes "29 teams" may like what Bargs offer. They may be able to hide his weakness, be so far away from the playoffs that he would represent hope, maybe they have a coach that would light a fire under him. But what does he represent here?

1/ The way we use are players or because we lack the personnel we can't hide his weaknesses.
                  2/ We've seen too much of him to believe that we can invest our hopes in him.
                  3/ When we fired Smitch we dismissed the type of coach that fans would imagine would "light that fire".

I feel a basketball team should reflect its city. I personally would prefer a bruising, tough, "lunch-bucket" team. Bargs in no way reflects that. I suspect I'm not the only person who feels this way. If his contract was more sensible, trading to one of those "29 teams" that covet him would be less "egg on face" then it will be now. If we don't trade him this year-- the first year his play is fully exposed-- I doubt those "29 teams" will all be willing to grab him on his current contract. I'm okay with him here IF we can put the right personnel around him. But what team builds around a player (hiding his flaws) who is not their future franchise star?
                  I really don't think Bargnani's contract should be a hindrance. He's not making an obscene amount of money for the production he brings. I think his value for is contract is fine. The issue lies in whether or not YOU value what he brings enough to want him on your team. I, personally, don't.

As for your belief that a team should reflect the city it plays for, I've lived in Toronto and I've lived away from Toronto and I would never characterize it, nor have I ever heard it characterized, as a blue collar city.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Time to blow the whole thing up!!! No one on the Raptors should be untradeable - we have a centre who cannot defend or rebound; a power forward who can't make lay-ups; another power forward who gets a foul as soon as he takes off his warm-ups; a small forward that would be lucky to be starting on any other team; one "shooting" guard who can't shoot from outside of 18 feet, has no handle, and plays horrible defence for someone so "athletic"; another "shooting" guard that only plays like a starter when he feels like it; one point guard who couldn't defend his shadow, and another point guard that is a poor distributor, a weak defender, and consistently takes ill advised shots - and then to top it all off the Raptors have a coach who has a history of making the wrong subsitutions at the wrong time. And then there is the GM who put this entire Pooh-Pooh Platter together. Other than that the Raptors would be headed for the playoffs... if they were in the D-league.

Comment

• black angus wrote: View Post
                      Time to blow the whole thing up!!! No one on the Raptors should be untradeable - we have a centre who cannot defend or rebound; a power forward who can't make lay-ups; another power forward who gets a foul as soon as he takes off his warm-ups; a small forward that would be lucky to be starting on any other team; one "shooting" guard who can't shoot from outside of 18 feet, has no handle, and plays horrible defence for someone so "athletic"; another "shooting" guard that only plays like a starter when he feels like it; one point guard who couldn't defend his shadow, and another point guard that is a poor distributor, a weak defender, and consistently takes ill advised shots - and then to top it all off the Raptors have a coach who has a history of making the wrong subsitutions at the wrong time. And then there is the GM who put this entire Pooh-Pooh Platter together. Other than that the Raptors would be headed for the playoffs... if they were in the D-league.
                      how good would hibbert look on the raps ?

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        I really don't think Bargnani's contract should be a hindrance. He's not making an obscene amount of money for the production he brings. I think his value for is contract is fine. The issue lies in whether or not YOU value what he brings enough to want him on your team. I, personally, don't.

As for your belief that a team should reflect the city it plays for, I've lived in Toronto and I've lived away from Toronto and I would never characterize it, nor have I ever heard it characterized, as a blue collar city.
                        I hear you. As an immigrant whose lived in my fair share of cities Toronto is not a blue collar city. However, it is a city that prides itself in blue collar ethics -- the whole "Big Smoke" thing for example. You may consider it a Maple Leaf city, not a hockey city but most "hockey cities" pride the hockey work ethic in other sports (see Detroit, Philly).

What Toronto really is, is an amalgamation of cultural communities that have thrived due to their ingenuity with a corporate mask. Its a bit of a leap (okay a massive leap) but its not the diversity of those communities that unifies them, but the hard work to make them successful that makes Toronto what it is. Hence my stance for a blue-collar team. (Sorry for using the word hence)

Comment

• Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                          how good would hibbert look on the raps ?
                          He would look great...but how do you propose we acquire him? I do not see the Pacers giving up on him unless we make a Godfather offer including a couple first round picks...and that is certainly not worth it. We don't have much to offer in trades that we are willing to part with other then expiring contracts which I don't think the Pacers need that badly.
                          http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• Shantz wrote: View Post
                            He would look great...but how do you propose we acquire him? I do not see the Pacers giving up on him unless we make a Godfather offer including a couple first round picks...and that is certainly not worth it. We don't have much to offer in trades that we are willing to part with other then expiring contracts which I don't think the Pacers need that badly.
                            im guessing you're not aware of how the pacers landed hibbert ?

Comment

• Wouldya: Bargnani for Hibbert

Simple question: if you could (and ignoring that you can't) trade Bargs straight up for Hibbert, right now, would you and why?

Maybe this belongs in the trade forums, but it's just an interesting hypothetical that I'm curious to see the answers to.

Comment

• of course !!

hibbert is a beast ! and he can pass

Comment

Working...
                                X