• Show
Clear All

• Ab's goodbye and hello

Has everyone gotten their tweet?

https://mobile.twitter.com/AndreaBargnani

Even when he was here, it always felt like someone else was writing them

Btw....how do I embed a tweet?

Comment

• Im excited Raps get to play against Bargs 4 times a year its going to be interesting. I wonder if he will actually have emotions when he plays Toronto..

Comment

• I can't imagine anyone booing Bargnani. I certainly won't. Yes his lack of motivation/heart/hustle was really frustrating, but all the bargs hate has to get split evenly between him and coangelo. He never really screwed over the raptors or the franchise. If Coangelo would have let him been a bench player 3 years ago or traded him we wouldn't have any animosity at all.

The best I can see bargs doing in NY is 11 & 4 in 20 minutes. So basically 20 & 7 per36. Good numbers for Bargs but nothing that will revolutionize who he is a player and what he is capable of.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• By the logic of fans who booed him last season because they wanted him gone, does that mean when he shows up with another team they'll be cheering for him?

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            By the logic of fans who booed him last season because they wanted him gone, does that mean when he shows up with another team they'll be cheering for him?
            I think it will be a mix of boos and sarcastic cheering from the lovely Toronto fanbase.

Comment

• Why would you boo him? Did he publicly demand a trade (Stoudamire & Carter)?

Did he quit the team, leaving little in return via S&T (McGrady & T-Mac)?

Did he refuse to show up at all (Mourning)?

Did he make fun of the culture of country in any way (Antonio Davis)?

Did he back off an agreement with the team that would have helped a lot(Jordan)?

Did he back off an agreement with the team, blaming the All Mighty Creator (Salmons)?

I can go on but I think you get my point, what is it that he did that warrants booing? If it's not living up to expectations, going #1 in a weak draft class, then we're a petty bunch.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Why would you boo him? Did he publicly demand a trade (Stoudamire & Carter)? Did he quit the team, leaving little in return via S&T (McGrady & T-Mac)?

I can go on but I think you get my point, what is it that he did that warrants booing? If it's not living up to expectations, going #1 in a weak draft class then we're a petty bunch.
                ?..you mean Bosh and T-MAC?
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Knicks Went Back To Thomas Era In Acquiring Bargnani

http://blogs.thescore.com/tbj/2013/0...drea-bargnani/

If the contracts for Rashard Lewis and Gilbert Arenas taught us anything, it’s that there isn’t a player in this league who cannot be traded once they have entered the final two years of their contract. Bulls fans yelping with excitement at this thought can find plenty of evidence to support that notion, and this week, we just got a little bit more.
                  There is no reason why Andrea Bargnani should have been tradable. His promise burned out long ago — his talents, such as they are, no longer constitute potential. This should have been an albatross contract, residual scorched earth from the previous regime, an unwanted anchor of a contract attached to a player who can neither help, nor stay on, his current team. Toronto should be preparing to use the amnesty clause on him rather than choosing which future assets they can get for him.
                  Into the breach, however, stepped New York. Channeling the Isiah Thomas era, New York were determined to outbid seemingly nobody, and ended up giving what few assets they actually have for a player who only helps if this is fantasy basketball. In reality, Bargnani takes so much off the table that it is hard to justify acquiring him at any price.....
                  If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Why would you boo him? Did he publicly demand a trade (Stoudamire & Carter)?

Did he quit the team, leaving little in return via S&T (McGrady & T-Mac)?

Did he back off an agreement with the team that would have helped a lot(Jordan)?

Did he back off an agreement with the team, blaming the All Mighty Creator (Salmons)?

I can go on but I think you get my point, what is it that he did that warrants booing? If it's not living up to expectations, going #1 in a weak draft class, then we're a petty bunch.
                    I don't think most fans sitting in the seats put that much thought into it.

I could see Bargnani getting booed simply from people thinking to themselves, "I don't like Bargnani. Therefore I will boo players I don't like".

Comment

• More 'expert' analysis of the Bargnani trade, from NY's perspective

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ree-agent-fits

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                        More 'expert' analysis of the Bargnani trade, from NY's perspective

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ree-agent-fits
                        Every time I see another article ripping the Knicks for this deal, I get more and more paranoid.
                        Heir, Prince of Cambridge

If you see KeonClark in the wasteland, please share your food and water with him.

Comment

• Axel wrote: View Post
                          Every time I see another article ripping the Knicks for this deal, I get more and more paranoid.
                          You have no idea how much I agree.

The only thing that gives me a sense of temporary relief is Dolan is not one to bow to public pressure.

Comment

• Apparently they are looking to get Elton Brand, I'm not sure if Masai Ujiri is that good, or the knicks are just that stupid, that's gonna be the most overcrowed, overpaid frontcourt in the history of the NBA.

Comment

• i truly believe GMs have this secret code "you scratch my back and i'll scratch yours" type thing
                              grunwald probably "owes" Masai for the melo trade, eventhough masai got a heck of a lot for denver.

Comment

• Dino4life wrote: View Post
                                Apparently they are looking to get Elton Brand, I'm not sure if Masai Ujiri is that good, or the knicks are just that stupid, that's gonna be the most overcrowed, overpaid frontcourt in the history of the NBA.
                                Yeah, I was adding up the other day that Chandler, Bargnani, Stoudemire, and Anthony would cost 71 million next season. That's basically into the luxury tax on four frontcourt players. Boggles the mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X