No announcement yet.

Raptors 2014 Free Agency: Raptors Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't know....Nando was still really erratic. He played well for 3 games when Lowry went down. But that's a mighty small sample size. Every other time he played you didn't know if he was going to go for 5 pts and 3 asts, or 0 pts and 4 tos.

Comment

My thought is,with recent deal makes De Colo expandable.
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Based on the recent Salmons trade, and this news, I think Lowry's gone. I would be very disappointed though and possibly lose my respect for him if he ends up in Miami with a low contract, esp since they all opted out. He would join the likes of VC and Bosh among the hated Raptors, sad to say. However, if Masai can pull of trading garbage for jewels, I'm still optimistic that Lowry could be back.

But back on the main thread, if we could get these guys back for a reasonable price, I still think we're gonna be in good shape. Although I would prefer having Greivis as the 6th man/Manu Ginobili role rather than the starting pg. 2Pat is really good, excellent jump shooter. Nando was decent, despite his limited role. He showed his excellent ball IQ and his experience coming from the Spurs system.

Comment

2KJ wrote: View Post
          Based on the recent Salmons trade, and this news, I think Lowry's gone. I would be very disappointed though and possibly lose my respect for him if he ends up in Miami with a low contract, esp since they all opted out. He would join the likes of VC and Bosh among the hated Raptors, sad to say. However, if Masai can pull of trading garbage for jewels, I'm still optimistic that Lowry could be back.

But back on the main thread, if we could get these guys back for a reasonable price, I still think we're gonna be in good shape. Although I would prefer having Greivis as the 6th man/Manu Ginobili role rather than the starting pg. 2Pat is really good, excellent jump shooter. Nando was decent, despite his limited role. He showed his excellent ball IQ and his experience coming from the Spurs system.
          How does the Salmons trade possibly affect Lowry's likelihood of staying?
          The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
            Isn't Lou Williams a backup who generally plays SG over PG?

Comment

Raptorsnz wrote: View Post
              I really think people are overrating Nando, he barely even played for us and some people are acting like he's better than Vasquez I feel.
              I wasn't that impressed by De colo either.

Comment

psrs1 wrote: View Post
                Isn't Lou Williams a backup who generally plays SG over PG?
                He's a SG but undersized.He scores on drives and can't handle PnR. This trade is weird.

Comment

raptors999 wrote: View Post
                  He's a SG but undersized.He scores on drives and can't handle PnR. This trade is weird.
                  I think it's a great trade, Williams is an expiring, but the best part is another young prospect who has great defensive potential.
                  The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

007 wrote: View Post
                    I think it's a great trade, Williams is an expiring, but the best part is another young prospect who has great defensive potential.
                    There are reports he may sign with another team in Spain. Unless MU knows for certain he is coming this trade is odd.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                      I don't know....Nando was still really erratic. He played well for 3 games when Lowry went down. But that's a mighty small sample size. Every other time he played you didn't know if he was going to go for 5 pts and 3 asts, or 0 pts and 4 tos.
                      De Colo never had the minutes to prove himself, that's the problem. I do think he can be a solid backup if given the minutes, he seems to have high basketball IQ and he just needs more minutes and confidence.

Comment

Bebe just Tweeted out to Toronto. He's coming next season

Comment

"Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Lou Williams is a backup combo guard who was a decent scorer off the bench. They offered qualifying offers to both Greivis and Nando, who were the backup point guards last season.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              De Colo never had the minutes to prove himself, that's the problem. I do think he can be a solid backup if given the minutes, he seems to have high basketball IQ and he just needs more minutes and confidence.
                              Another case of Casey's confidence killing....I think so.

I really want to see him have a role as the back-up PG with Vasquez being more of a SG because of his height/speed defensively will be better suited there

Comment

OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                                Another case of Casey's confidence killing....I think so.

I really want to see him have a role as the back-up PG with Vasquez being more of a SG because of his height/speed defensively will be better suited there
                                Im sure casey didnt play de colo for the sake of confidence killing. Cmon dude that doesnt even make any sense

Im sure what casey sees in practise is what motivates him in his in game subs. Maybe de colo was lackluster in practise so he didnt get any minutes. I for one like greasy better than de colo

Sent from my GT-S7560M using Tapatalk
                                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

Working...
                                X