This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question on the Raptors

I got several question about the raptors that I'm hoping someone can shine a light on, here it is:

-BC said the Raps are a few pieces away from being a 50-win team, what's a realistic expectation for the Raps next season? Are we really a Udoh, or Avery, possibly a whiteside or Orton away from 50 wins (who are all good players, but not expected to contribute immediately)?

-Most articles online suggest that CB4 is leaving us, therefore Barg now get shoves into the "franchise player" role. Anyone out there think of him that way ?

-Should the raptors go into rebuilding mode? this draft seems to offer a few intriguing piece that would give us a very solid core (I'm not really sold on the Bargnani/ DD/Weems/ Jack Combo) plus with CB4 reported leaving, BC no longer have to appease Bosh, and the team can grow at it's own pace.

It's hard to say what type of Raptors squad we'll see next season with Bosh leaving in a sign and trade. After we see what comes back we'll have a better idea of what the team is capable of. Almost definitely, though, we'll be watching a non-playoff team. The main question seems to be whether it'll be a 30-37 win ball club or a 16-24 win team. Until we see the sign and trade, can't answer that.

As for Bargnani, I think he is a bad basketball player and wholly incapable of leading a franchise.

The rest of the team's core is also dysfunctional and the Raptors desperately need to go into a full-fledged rebuilding mode. They need to clean house and build the team back up slowly.
    nbaroundtable

Comment

Dave wrote: View Post
      As for Bargnani, I think he is a bad basketball player and wholly incapable of leading a franchise.
      I'm really not sure how someone can say that if you've watched the Raps at all in the past few years. He's improved every year so far, and even his defense has come a very long ways. Now I'm not a pro-Bargs guy at all (I think if the right trade presented itself I'd take it), however we've never even seen him attempt to "lead" a team (we've all seen how a PF leading the team goes anyway) so I'd think before we throw him under the bus, we'd at least give him a shot!

He has one of the most unique skill sets in the NBA, and I think if surrounded by the right people, and able to focus mentally 100% for 48 minutes per game, he'd do well.

Comment

1. We are only a few pieces away from beinf a 50 win team. Those pieces would have t pretty good though and they will not be coming out of the draft. If start rebuilding through the draft we will be a 50 win team in 3-5 years.
        2.I have always supported Bargs becoming this franchises number one offensive option and I think he will do a better job than a lot of people may expect. I see 20-15 points a game.
        3. I also like the idea of rebuilding if we lose Bosh and Hedo. We'll be in a pretty good position with those two gone. If we can move Jose for some picks and expiring contracts, we'll suddenly have a load of flexibility moving forward to put together a team that can contend.
        "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

Even though will take some time for Andrea to be "the man" for Raptors squad, I believe he can became the franchise player and hopefully one that really commits to Raptors long term plans not just to use Raptors as a door step for greener places (i.e. Stoudemire, Camby, McGrady, Carter and probably Bosh). Actually, Andrea is under contract for the next 5 years (his contract ends 2015), the longest in the current Raptors squad. Once he get a real Center with strong defense capabilities and he moves to PF, Andrea's weakest skill (team defense) is going to improve as well.

Comment

bigmanshaq wrote: View Post
            I got several question about the raptors that I'm hoping someone can shine a light on, here it is:

-BC said the Raps are a few pieces away from being a 50-win team, what's a realistic expectation for the Raps next season? Are we really a Udoh, or Avery, possibly a whiteside or Orton away from 50 wins (who are all good players, but not expected to contribute immediately)?

-Most articles online suggest that CB4 is leaving us, therefore Barg now get shoves into the "franchise player" role. Anyone out there think of him that way ?

-Should the raptors go into rebuilding mode? this draft seems to offer a few intriguing piece that would give us a very solid core (I'm not really sold on the Bargnani/ DD/Weems/ Jack Combo) plus with CB4 reported leaving, BC no longer have to appease Bosh, and the team can grow at it's own pace.
            i think bryan was trying to appease bosh when he knew bosh didn't really care. when it was bosh and j.o. in the 08 offseason. Bosh said Bryan said to him that he's thinking off bringing in jermaine o'neal and would bosh be okay with it and bosh said I don't know, man you're the gm don't ask me and just do what you want.

which to bryan's defense i think bosh not illustarating who and what he wanted until well the end of this year when he's basically about to walk out the door, that bryan just made an aray of moves trying to figure out what bosh wanted but they were all wrong and ended up screwing up the franchise.

then, he actually did something right by bringing in shawn marion who fit nice and he ends up giving him away like he gave away ford who fit nicely.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

- Every team in the league is a few pieces away from being a 50 win team. Some just need bigger pieces than others. If Bosh re-signs, the Raptors make a couple of trades and sign a good player for the MLE, I think they could most definitely be a 50 win team. Their ceiling, however, would be up for debate.

- If anyone had questions about whether Bosh was a true franchise player, you're going to hate the Bargnani era.

- Yes, the Raptors should rebuild. Without Bosh, they simply don't have the talent to compete.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
              X