This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
    I dont think I can play if its an everyday roster set, because I dont have time to do it every day and I will lose if I dont
    This was already the setting when you signed up. Are you in or out?

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
      That works for me. 45 straight or 40 and no 'free' resigning of rookies would as well.

About the consultation rounds; it's the first time I hear about that and I have no clue how this works. So there might be more rules I don't know yet. Are these viewable on the leaguepage or our own specific rules?
      Consolation rounds are in all stock fantasy leagues at Yahoo Sports. You were in the keeper league last year so you're free to go investigate what it looked like in that league.

In that league half went to the playoffs, half went to the consolation rounds.

alex_elstone wrote: View Post
      I dont think I can play if its an everyday roster set, because I dont have time to do it every day and I will lose if I dont
      Ok, I removed you from the league. Thanks for being honest.

We now need to find one more team over the next couple weeks.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Consolation rounds are in all stock fantasy leagues at Yahoo Sports. You were in the keeper league last year so you're free to go investigate what it looked like in that league.

In that league half went to the playoffs, half went to the consolation.
        Ah, consolation, not consultation. Autocorrect? So, in the consorlation rounds for non-playoff teams a win means a higher pick?

Comment

Aargh, typing on my phone...

Comment

Soft Euro wrote: View Post
            Ah, consolation, not consultation. Autocorrect? So, in the consorlation rounds for non-playoff teams a win means a higher pick?
            Bingo, this is what I'm thinking actually may be the best course to take. You want the top pick? Win it. This keeps the league interest until the end. This is just one path we can take. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

I think it places a stronger emphasis on playing the wire and talking trades right to the end. Personally, I'm happy with a lotto as well. Maybe we do a hybrid of both...

Comment

I like the idea of lotto to make it feel more realistic. I think if everyone is active (seems like it will in this league), there won't be that guy who drafts and stops updating after week 4. If everyone is active and competing all season then the lotto pick seems like a good idea.
              in masai we trust

water covers 98% of the earth, Mitchell Robinson covers the other 2%

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Bingo, this is what I'm thinking actually may be the best course to take. You want the top pick? Win it. This keeps the league interest until the end. This is just one path we can take. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

I think it places a stronger emphasis on playing the wire and talking trades right to the end. Personally, I'm happy with a lotto as well. Maybe we do a hybrid of both...
                I'm all for the consolation rounds determining who gets the first pick. If someone wants to tank like the bobcats, well, he should quite playing fantasy basketball because he's just a bad manager anyway. And that goes for mr. Jordan as well.

Comment

I'd prefer a hybrid system.

The principal that the worse team gets the best pick is sound. Team 16 will have a difficult time winning a consolation title.

Perhaps team 16 has 8 chances for top pick and team 9 has 1. With additional chances being earned in the consolation round or something similar to this.

Comment

jbml wrote: View Post
                    I'd prefer a hybrid system.

The principal that the worse team gets the best pick is sound. Team 16 will have a difficult time winning a consolation title.

Perhaps team 16 has 8 chances for top pick and team 9 has 1. With additional chances being earned in the consolation round or something similar to this.
                    For one I think that's making it overly complex. And I don't think team 16 is without chances in consolation rounds. It's not like he has to go up against the nr 1 team. If the nr. 16 team is that bad that he's without chances in the consolation rounds that's just and only because of bad management.

I'm not saying that the team that comes last must have the worst manager (just throwing that in here in case I become last) but being without chances against the number 9? 7 years of first overall picks won't help that guy. And if it's because of injuries, his team isn't as bad as it seems.

Comment

• One point I'd like to make is that if you tank I'll toss you from the league. I'm trying to make this clear, we don't want anyone hurting the competitive balance in this league. If you try and fail, that's fine but if you're not setting your lineup you're not going to last long in this league. You won't see a Bobcats scenario play out because that person won't be around to reap any rewards.

Comment

• Soft Euro wrote: View Post
                        For one I think that's making it overly complex. And I don't think team 16 is without chances in consolation rounds. It's not like he has to go up against the nr 1 team. If the nr. 16 team is that bad that he's without chances in the consolation rounds that's just and only because of bad management.

I'm not saying that the team that comes last must have the worst manager (just throwing that in here in case I become last) but being without chances against the number 9? 7 years of first overall picks won't help that guy. And if it's because of injuries, his team isn't as bad as it seems.
                        Fair enough. Absolutely the complexity issue would be in the hands of those doing the Math.

People loose interest when they loose. It is fairly consistent in these games. There are many reasons for loosing. Opportunities to improve have to exist.

Stacked teams= small league

I 100% agree in not rewarding non participation however i would prefer that the opportunity to improve is well established.

Comment

• jbml wrote: View Post
                          Fair enough. Absolutely the complexity issue would be in the hands of those doing the Math.

People loose interest when they loose. It is fairly consistent in these games. There are many reasons for loosing. Opportunities to improve have to exist.

Stacked teams= small league

I 100% agree in not rewarding non participation however i would prefer that the opportunity to improve is well established.
                          Using the consolation rounds to give everyone something to play for untill the end is exactly a way to keep things interested for bottom teams.

More important: I think there are some good managers in this league who have already shown in the Keeper league that they are competitive. It's no public league.

Based on what I've seen from last year I don't expect superstacked teams and really bad teams because this usually happens due to ignorant (unprepared) drafting followed up by a bad strategy during the year. And I know I'm not the only one working on my draftboard and draftstrategy.

Even though there might be different strategies, focusing on the short or long term, I'll expect a competitive league.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            One point I'd like to make is that if you tank I'll toss you from the league. I'm trying to make this clear, we don't want anyone hurting the competitive balance in this league. If you try and fail, that's fine but if you're not setting your lineup you're not going to last long in this league. You won't see a Bobcats scenario play out because that person won't be around to reap any rewards.
                            And using your idea of consolation rounds to decide on draft order will fix this. That'll mean that someone not setting their lineup (except for a short time when someone has real life issues- which can happen) simply stopped playing (and can be tossed because of that).

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              One point I'd like to make is that if you tank I'll toss you from the league. I'm trying to make this clear, we don't want anyone hurting the competitive balance in this league. If you try and fail, that's fine but if you're not setting your lineup you're not going to last long in this league. You won't see a Bobcats scenario play out because that person won't be around to reap any rewards.
                              Yiiiippppeeeee!

Problem solved.

This league is going to be awesome..... expansion franchises and everything!

Thanks, Mr. Stern..... er, I mean, Apollo!

Comment

• No problem. Just keep in mind I'm still only learning how to efficiently piss in people's cornflakes. I'm not a master like Stern.

Comment

Working...
                                X