M.L. Square - Raptors party announced for ALL games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

iblastoff wrote: View Post
    unless you think slapping the OVO logo all over raptors stuff is considered 'rebranding' he does not have a 'central role'. Sid Lee does. nor do the PLAYOFFS have ANYTHING to do with drake.
    Read any one of the 3241432 articles that have been written about the re-brand and you'll know that both Leiweke & Drake had major input in Sid Lee's re-branding efforts. Ignore that if you'd like, but it won't change the fact that Drake's insight has already started to pay dividends.

Comment

afrocarter wrote: View Post
      Read any one of the 3241432 articles that have been written about the re-brand and you'll know that both Leiweke & Drake had major input in Sid Lee's re-branding efforts. Ignore that if you'd like, but it won't change the fact that Drake's insight has already started to pay dividends.
      seeing as i work in the ad/design agency and have friends at Sid Lee, i know how its been going. Drake is not a designer or art director. nor is he a CD or ACD. this 'central role' BS is press fodder.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
        Hey shouldn't that be renamed Raptor Square.........for the playoffs at least?
        Company is called maple leafs sports and entertainment. I think that's where they got maple leafs square from.
        Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
        Because its 2015

Comment

seeing as i work in the ad/design agency and have friends at Sid Lee, i know how its been going. Drake is not a designer or art director. nor is he a CD or ACD. this 'central role' BS is press fodder.
          Ah, fair enough. Well, I'll take insider info over press releases any day of the week. I suppose it isn't much of a surprise that Drake's involvement has apparently been exaggerated.

Nevertheless it can't be disregarded how much of an lift his presence has given to the organization. At the end of the day, I'm completely fine with one of the biggest stars on the planet associating his brand with the Raptors.

Comment

Why does it matter? No one will be able to make out what's on the shirts on TV it's only for the people wearing them. Drake is not here to bring in existing fans. I don't people. The whole point of Drake is to bring attention to a team nobody gives two fucks about. So if they lie or manipulate facts about how much drake is involved what harm does it do? So long as people that weren't interested in the team before are now I could care less. Winning will bring that sure, but if you're going to get global exposure (which is what big name players wants) you need to latch on to something. Drake is huge around the world so u might as well ride him as long as you can.
            Sunny ways my friends, sunny ways
            Because its 2015

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
              Why does it matter? No one will be able to make out what's on the shirts on TV it's only for the people wearing them. Drake is not here to bring in existing fans. I don't people. The whole point of Drake is to bring attention to a team nobody gives two fucks about. So if they lie or manipulate facts about how much drake is involved what harm does it do? So long as people that weren't interested in the team before are now I could care less. Winning will bring that sure, but if you're going to get global exposure (which is what big name players wants) you need to latch on to something. Drake is huge around the world so u might as well ride him as long as you can.
              1) what exactly does Octobers Very Own have anything to do with the raptors or the playoffs? why don't we just partner up with Starbucks and throw their logo on it too then if its all about exposure and appealing to the masses?

2) Drake can give all the input he wants in terms of rebranding. Thats fine with me. But slapping his OWN BRAND onto things makes no sense.

Comment

1) what exactly does Octobers Very Own have anything to do with the raptors or the playoffs? why don't we just partner up with Starbucks and throw their logo on it too then if its all about exposure and appealing to the masses?

2) Drake can give all the input he wants in terms of rebranding. Thats fine with me. But slapping his OWN BRAND onto things makes no sense.
                To me, it seems like a desperation move. A weak move.
                "Stop eating your sushi."
                "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                - Jack Armstrong

Comment

Uncle_Si wrote: View Post
                  Company is called maple leafs sports and entertainment. I think that's where they got maple leafs square from.
                  The email SSH's received today:

Comment

The limited edition OVO shirts that were handed out during the season, seemed to be in high demand. Perhaps they're using that market research to conclude that OVO is a sought-after brand with today's youth.

Comment

The best way to truly spread the "We, the North" campaign, is for the players to embrace it, and start dropping mentions in media scrums and interviews.

Comment

anyone going to the square? I'll be there if I'm not working. Will there be a republic section?

p.s. If I am working it will be the front door at Casey's right beside the square
                        For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I was in "the sea of red" vs Nets series. (EDIT: The ACC audience, not the team obviously)

1/ It was poorly thought out.
                          2/ All the shirts had a small McDonald's branding.

Question, is it possible that OVO is paying to have his/their brand on the new shirts?
                          If so, what would be the benefit for Drake?

Maybe, we're all looking at this wrong. Maybe OVO has more to gain tying his label to a North America wide campaign leading to the first All-Star game outside of the US 2/3 years from now than the Raps have to gain connecting their brand to a rapper who may become yesterday's news in the here today, gone tomorrow music industry.

We, The North is going to be a fairly lengthy campaign. Maybe Drake sees it as a chance to get positive media attention for multiple years. In turn, the Raps get some cred with players and media in the US.

Comment

I was hoping for the shirts to be all light blue(just off white) then with a packed house it would look like a bunch of ice cubes or snow (more so than these shirts) and "freeze out" the other team
                            A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

I was hoping all the shirts had giant cocks piercing a net because... #fuckthenets
                              For still frame photograph of me reading the DeRozan thread please refer to my avatar

Comment

I'm 15 and a half, can I come?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X