The Raptors and the 2014 Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• planetmars wrote: View Post
    Hard to feel out what MU is going to do in this draft. I hope he gets an opportunity to move up so he can get the guy he wants. Even if Lowry and GV are back I have no problems drafting a PG either.

Could move GV to backup SG and than use the PG to backup Lowry. Would still love to nab Ennis some how.
    I think Masai knows that Casey won't give a rookie that much responsibility. Especially a Rookie PG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
      And don't forget the Raps will probably overpay to keep Lowry, a D-League point guard at best.
      They will overpay but if you think he's at best a D-League point guard after this career year when he played quite well ... I don't know. But you're entitled to your opinion and I hope you don't get labelled a troll and have people call for you to get banned because you personally don't think he's good enough to play in the NBA.

Comment

• Ban the troll!
        "Stop eating your sushi."
        "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
        "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
        - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• Hopefully we don't spend more $20 mill on Lowry/GV/PATMAN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• Chr1s1anL wrote: View Post
            Hopefully we don't spend more $20 mill on Lowry/GV/PATMAN
            When I did my market value thread before it got killed in the combine the reasonable contracts added up to 22 million. Just sayin'

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
              No question he passes the eye test as far a great size fro a 3, but other than garbage plays and finishing around te hoop, he is brutal offensively. Can't dribble, can't shoot, and I don't mean he is just not good at it, he is really bad. There just seems to be a couple other guys that can improve the wing size and bring both defense and offense who I like better, Warren and Inglis being the 2 that intrigue me the most.
              ^

Comment

• OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
                When I did my market value thread before it got killed in the combine the reasonable contracts added up to 22 million. Just sayin'
                Yea I'm not really cool with the all these mergers. It first mixed to many conversations together then killed a couple solid ones like yours
                I'm back. I no longer worship joe johnson

Comment

• 2nd round pick target, and not just because he is Canadian. http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba...owell-workout/
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I have noticed a lot of people here are enamored with drafting player X just to match up against player Y. Not a good idea.

When drafting a player, draft one that has the skills and work ethic to succeed, regardless of position. That way if he turns out and you still need to address the matchup issue of one singular player in the league you have trade assets. (to an extent....don't draft 10 PGs ala kahn)

I agree. LaVine is hyper athletic and has the ability to shoot with a good base of other skills (ie: handles/passing ok), you don't pass on that even if he plays the pg/sg.. Personally I don't pass on that even though there are some red flags concerning his locker room disturbances.

-He is one of the few prospects that has had youtube.com videos of himself working out in empty gyms late over the course of the season (like Lillard) so I do think he is one of the harder workers to be drafted.
                    -His personal issues will be corrected easily if we have an established group of guys who are good and have credentials (ie our core) so he doesn't speak out like he did when he was playing behind a worse player in college.
                    -hyper athletic and extremely quick, which translates very well to the nba level
                    -has range. We need spacing and less projects in terms of developing shots (which takes time)

I think he is a low risk guy. His floor is to be a role player who can just shoot (which is fine at 20), with a ceiling of a more athletic 2-way Kevin Martin (which would be fantastic)
                    A good GM should have targeted a few good draft prospects and also a few players currently playing for teams that are potential trade prospects for the right player. I can easily see MU drafting someone at 20 and trading for a more desirable (in terms of filling a need) player on a team who is drafting below the Raptors. Clearly this can be worked out ahead of the draft and that gives Toronto 9 potential trade partners. So a good question to ask is "Who, on the 9 teams below Toronto in the draft, have players that might fill Toronto's needs and would want a player that could be drafted in the range that Toronto will be drafting?" Obviously any deals couldn't be made until draft order is determined, but I think it more likely that Toronto fills a need trading their draft pick with one of the teams below them than actually finding someone available when they are drafting.

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                      A good GM should have targeted a few good draft prospects and also a few players currently playing for teams that are potential trade prospects for the right player. I can easily see MU drafting someone at 20 and trading for a more desirable (in terms of filling a need) player on a team who is drafting below the Raptors. Clearly this can be worked out ahead of the draft and that gives Toronto 9 potential trade partners. So a good question to ask is "Who, on the 9 teams below Toronto in the draft, have players that might fill Toronto's needs and would want a player that could be drafted in the range that Toronto will be drafting?" Obviously any deals couldn't be made until draft order is determined, but I think it more likely that Toronto fills a need trading their draft pick with one of the teams below them than actually finding someone available when they are drafting.
                      Absolutely.

I expect Masai to have a dialogue actively open with every team over the next 2.5 months.

Perry Jones III is a good option for Toronto's needs. At 6'11", quick and long with a rapidly developing set 3 point shot from the corner and is already pretty good defensively he pretty much hits on all points for the Raps.

Outside of him there isn't much for players with good size.

Biyombo is another option, though I don't know if he is even worth the #20 pick...

Comment

Biyombo is another option, though I don't know if he is even worth the #20 pick...
                        That'd possibly be the most uninspiring draft night of all-time if we came away with that move

Although he would be a perfect backup center.

Comment

• BigCamB wrote: View Post
                          That'd possibly be the most uninspiring draft night of all-time if we came away with that move

Although he would be a perfect backup center.
                          Ya but we can probably get a sufficient backup C in free agency.
                          The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                            We'll have to see, nearly all of the FA's are very underwhelming.

Comment

• RaptorsFohEva wrote: View Post
                              Have you looked at any free agent lists? C crop not very inspiring, even for backups.

I still wouldn't be upset if they took one in the 2nd round. Young might be a decently safe pick. Tavares could be an interesting pick, though don't know if he's ready to come over.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                                Have you looked at any free agent lists? C crop not very inspiring, even for backups.

I still wouldn't be upset if they took one in the 2nd round. Young might be a decently safe pick. Tavares could be an interesting pick, though don't know if he's ready to come over.
                                Duh duh duh duh duh duh duh, duh duh duh duh duh duh duh SIM BHULLAR! SIM BHULLAR!
                                The name's Bond, James Bond.

Comment

Working...
                                X