No announcement yet.

Bargs 4th Place in East for All Star Centres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bogut is averaging 14 points 12 rebounds and 3 blocks a game neither bargs , horford, or lopez come close to those all around stats. bargs is the best offensive player of the group but doesnt get rebounds or blocks. Lopez doesnt rebound either and horford doesnt get blocks. Bogut does all three so I think right now bogut is the more complete player as a center

Comment

arguing who deserves to play in a pointless game is pointless. its nothing more than a popularity contest and a reason to feed millionaires egos.

there hasnt even been a competitive all-star game worth paying attention to in well over a decade.

its the MTV Music Awards for basketball players. if you REALLY give a fuck about who makes the all-star game, you probably would dig this lesbian named justin bieber i keep hearing about.

Comment

So since noah is out... between bargs, hibbert, bogut, or Horford. SOOOOO considering for some dumb reason, having a good team means u have a bttr chance of gettin into the allstar game Horford's chances look rly good

Comment

Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
          SOOOOO considering for some dumb reason, having a good team means u have a bttr chance of gettin into the allstar game Horford's chances look rly good
          I don't think its a dumb reason at all.

You should be rewarded if your team is doing well and you are largely responsible for it.

If your team sucks then you are not a great contributer but just a guy that is padding his stats when the opposing team is running away with the lead.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
            I don't think its a dumb reason at all.

You should be rewarded if your team is doing well and you are largely responsible for it.

If your team sucks then you are not a great contributer but just a guy that is padding his stats when the opposing team is running away with the lead.
            dont tell me u think bargs is a stat padder. i've seen him pass more this year than cb did his entire tenure as a raptor.

Comment

I'm surprised Horford and Lopez are as low as they are.

I'm sure Howard will get in with Bogut as the reserve.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                I'm surprised Horford and Lopez are as low as they are.
                Their respective teams fanbases are crap.. im surprised they managed as many votes as they did.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                  Their respective teams fanbases are crap.. im surprised they managed as many votes as they did.
                  You;d think with Lopez being in the metropolitan New York area that he'd get more votes. Horford on the other hand, we all know Atlanta doesn't draw fans, even in the playoffs, but you'd think that Horford would corner the latin votes.

Comment

Tinmann wrote: View Post
                    Bargs offence is vastly superior to all mentioned.
                    Listen, I don't disagree that the others have more energy, but I think you have a home-town bias against the guy. He's having a decent year, coming into his own offensively. Nobody stands out at #2 and I would put Bargnani in the mix.
                    You don't do Horford justice. He's got a USG > 20, has a TS% of .600, and an offensive rating of 123.

Bargnani doesn't come close to matching that offensive productivity.

Bogut is not playing up to his standards offensively but he's clearly been better than Bargnani this year due to his defensive efforts alone.

Comment

You;d think with Lopez being in the metropolitan New York area that he'd get more votes. Horford on the other hand, we all know Atlanta doesn't draw fans, even in the playoffs, but you'd think that Horford would corner the latin votes.
                      just because you can fly into newark if you're going to new york, and its only like a 20-30 minute drive on a good traffic day.. newark IS NOT metropolitan new york at all, and to even suggest it to anybody from either nyc or jersey would get you punched in the eye.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                        dont tell me u think bargs is a stat padder. i've seen him pass more this year than cb did his entire tenure as a raptor.
                        That's because Bosh had a higher percentage of shots going in and played closer to the basket then Bargs therefore if a pass didn't lead to an assist and Bosh established himself in the paint he might as well score (especially if you are avg closer to 50 percent or more in the FG%).

I wouldn't say that Bargs pads his stats but much like Bosh on a better team when he isn't the first scoring option and they are actually winning as a result, his scoring touches, overall impact and points would go down as a result.

For another example check out how Michael Beasley is doing on a bad team after switching from a winning team.
                        Last edited by Hotshot; Fri Dec 17, 2010, 03:19 PM.

Comment

....did he just refer to bargnani as... king bargs?

Comment

King Bargs

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              just because you can fly into newark if you're going to new york, and its only like a 20-30 minute drive on a good traffic day.. newark IS NOT metropolitan new york at all, and to even suggest it to anybody from either nyc or jersey would get you punched in the eye.
                              You're right on the point that people from NYC don't like the notion of being lumped in or associated with Newark, but the reality is that it's considered part of the greater new york metropolitan area. Just like how Oshawa and Hamilton are considered GTA.

Comment

You're right on the point that people from NYC don't like the notion of being lumped in or associated with Newark, but the reality is that it's considered part of the greater new york metropolitan area. Just like how Oshawa and Hamilton are considered GTA.
                                actually it's not bro

Comment

Working...
                                X