No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are you kidding me, not let Bargnani play in summer? It's the only chance to increase his value. Forget the injuries, his trade value has almost reached the bottom anyways.
    Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• If he gets hurt they start they season with him; potentially riding the pine in street clothes.

Comment

• Well he won't be joining the national team until what? Late-July or August? If Ujiri is trying to trade him before then, it will have no impact on his trade value. I doubt his new team would be against it. THey'd probably also like the chance to evaluate him in the summer against some relevant competition. Eurobasket's good for that. He'll basically go from that almost right into training camp. And again, for Bargs, his best seasons came after strong summers for Italy.

Actually I always thought international competitions are good for that. If players can use it properly and avoid injury, it usually sets them up to start the season off strong, since they are already in pretty good shape when training camp starts.

Comment

• Well.

"Masai Ujiri will aggressively attempt to trade Andrea Bargnani before July 1 as his top priority now that he is GM of the Toronto Raptors."

If Ujiri can pull this off, someone need to shake his hand and buy some beer.
          Last edited by rocwell; Mon Jun 3, 2013, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• white men can't jump wrote: View Post
            Well he won't be joining the national team until what? Late-July or August? If Ujiri is trying to trade him before then, it will have no impact on his trade value. I doubt his new team would be against it. THey'd probably also like the chance to evaluate him in the summer against some relevant competition. Eurobasket's good for that. He'll basically go from that almost right into training camp. And again, for Bargs, his best seasons came after strong summers for Italy.

Actually I always thought international competitions are good for that. If players can use it properly and avoid injury, it usually sets them up to start the season off strong, since they are already in pretty good shape when training camp starts.
            That doesn't mean he'll get it done before then and if he doesn't then I think it's a problem letting him go get banged up. It one thing to still have the dud come July, but it's another to still have the dud in November, paying him $11M to wear a suit on the sidelines.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              That doesn't mean he'll get it done before then and if he doesn't then I think it's a problem letting him go get banged up. It one thing to still have the dud come July, but it's another to still have the dud in November, paying him $11M to wear a suit on the sidelines.
              I think you're being far too paranoid. There are tons of guys around the league who play for their national teams and don't come out any worse for it. I think it's only hard for players that play deep into the playoffs, and even then, guys like Dirk, Manu, Parker, and I'm sure a few more, have played year round almost every year for a decade. Again, I think it's a positive. Strong summers always led to strong seasons for Bargs. And now coming off injuries, it'll give him the chance to shake some of the rust off before the season starts. Could he get injured? Sure. But he can't hide from basketball courts until we trade him....especially on his Primo heavy diet.

Comment

I think you're being far too paranoid. There are tons of guys around the league who play for their national teams and don't come out any worse for it. I think it's only hard for players that play deep into the playoffs, and even then, guys like Dirk, Manu, Parker, and I'm sure a few more, have played year round almost every year for a decade. Again, I think it's a positive. Strong summers always led to strong seasons for Bargs. And now coming off injuries, it'll give him the chance to shake some of the rust off before the season starts. Could he get injured? Sure. But he can't hide from basketball courts until we trade him....especially on his Primo heavy diet.
                Unless a guy played extreme minutes, was already an injury risk or dealt with injuries during the season, I don't see how playing for a national team is any more of a risk than playing in things like the drew league or summer league. Whenever a player steps on the court in a competitive setting, there is an inherent risk for injury.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                  Unless a guy played extreme minutes, was already an injury risk or dealt with injuries during the season, I don't see how playing for a national team is any more of a risk than playing in things like the drew league or summer league. Whenever a player steps on the court in a competitive setting, there is an inherent risk for injury.
                  I think this is Apollo's concern with Bargs. But I think he recovered already.

Comment

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
                    I think this is Apollo's concern with Bargs. But I think he recovered already.

They're trying to unload $23M on a player who's best suited coming off the bench and who had a horrible, injury plagued season. If you're calling what I'm saying as paranoia then fine, a little paranoia is warranted. He's done in Toronto and so who cares about the relationship. Hold him out until he's gone. That's what I think anyway.

People know what he is. We're not talking about a second year player here. Summer ball isn't changing anything.

Comment

They're trying to unload $23M on a player who's best suited coming off the bench and who had a horrible, injury plagued season. If you're calling what I'm saying as paranoia then fine, a little paranoia is warranted. He's done in Toronto and so who cares about the relationship. Hold him out until he's gone. That's what I think anyway.
                      That's so flawed though. If they can't move him by July 1st, what's the likely reason? My guess is that teams would be a little worried about his health/abilities. Will that change if you keep him from playing on the national team on the summer? Won't you just end up definitely stuck with him on the roster come November, since nobody will change their mind without seeing him play?

If they can't move him by July 1st, they should force him to play for his national team, IMO.

*Heck, I wish he was eligible for summer league.

Comment

• If a team doesn't want him by July 1st its probably because they want to try to see what they can get done during FA. If that's the case the next good window would be the dog days of summer when he's off breaking his ankle for Italy...

Comment

If a team doesn't want him by July 1st its probably because they want to try to see what they can get done during FA. If that's the case the next good window would be the dog days of summer when he's off breaking his ankle for Italy...
                          Eurobasket is in September. It is less than a month before training camp. There is no way teams will still be adding $10M dollar pieces to their roster at that point.

Comment

• I think of it like if he's not gone before Eurobasket starts, it's the last chance to showcase him and possibly trade him before the season starts.

Comment

• Isn't camp in July? They train all summer don't they? And they also do exhibitions?

Comment

If a team doesn't want him by July 1st its probably because they want to try to see what they can get done during FA. If that's the case the next good window would be the dog days of summer when he's off breaking his ankle for Italy...
                                Or they are waiting for July 1st to roll around when contracts disappear and cap space may open up.

Either or.

Comment

Working...
                                X